the BENGALS thread - Page 240 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 07.10.2012, 08:22 PM
MVP

Rey M had some more bad ones tonight.

Most notable play:
3rd and 1 towards the end of the game, Rey got to the line and had an attempt to stuff the run by just charging the hole, so what does he do?

Tries to go for the strip, fails, and allows the RB to get the first down. I swear down he NEVER ever learns and has to have the lowest IQ for any MLB in the league right now.

Last edited by Dragonic; 07.10.2012 at 08:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.10.2012, 08:39 PM
Team Captain

Just sloppy from start to finish.Both teams actually.
Very few good performances but even so - stupid plays cost us.Yes, that Maualuga missed opportunity above,Newman's PI ( he does show ill-discipline at key times) etc etc.
Definitely a reality check.
Need to get a grip next week.
Old 07.10.2012, 08:45 PM
Pro Bowler

Don't take Cleveland as a given...

This team has a lot of work to do before then....
Old 07.10.2012, 08:45 PM
MVP

Pretty typical Bengals season so far.

Get beat-down badly by a good division team, get a couple of wins to build some momentum and get our hopes up for a big run and then play a really poor game and get them dashed again.

That was a game we had to win after winning those two road games, and it's really disappointing that we didn't. The back seven is still poor, the offensive line is still poor and the running game as a whole is still poor. The passing game wasn't as prolific as previous weeks and the lack of running game really showed up how the offense can falter when the big play isn't there twice a game. AJ Green putting two balls on the floor was a concern, especially the first one which was a touch of laziness and I'd think some frustration meaning he felt that he had to do it all himself.

Newman is too ill-disciplined, and not a good enough football player for people to let that go. If that had been Revis no-one would have minded. He has Palmer syndrome- makes mistakes at crucial times.

Big game next week in Cleveland, Richardson is looking very impressive and Weeden is improving each week. We could easily fall to 3-3 after expecting to be 5-1 heading into the Steelers game. We need a bounce-back win.
Old 07.10.2012, 09:25 PM
Pro Bowler

The good old Bengals. Your next kick in the groin is never too far around the corner!

Five games in its plain we can do as well as last year but no better.

Once you sort out one problem another one arises. You think you might be 2 players away from contending when in reality it is about 6 or 7.

One positive I can take from things is that nearly all our good players are young. Unfortunately when our young players have an off week an experienced player doesn't seem to step into the breach and help pull out the win.

Last edited by Slidey77; 07.10.2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07.10.2012, 11:39 PM
Team Captain

Mark next week down as a loss.

Haden to blanket AJ for 4 quarters pretty much and the Browns D-line will eat us alive.

Dalton flat-out sucked today. Having said that our receivers didn't get enough separation. Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu need more snaps, Tate has obviously been deemed not good enough and Binns has been solid but not making the most of single coverage opportunities.

Bernard Scott with a flourish....finally. Wait what's that? Oh he's blown out his ACL. A blessing in disguise? Possibly as fingers may be removed from nether regions and we may make a move for a running-back from somewhere. About time. BJGE was horrible again, that Ravens game looks to have been a fluke, he just doesn't cut well or make anyone miss.

Defense stepped up a little. Good D-line play again and the DB's had good games overall, Hall and Jones especially. LB coverage killed us, it was embarrassing watch the stiff hips of Lawson and Maualuga trying to cover players like Bush, Fasano and Clay over the middle.

The most worrying part of today was Dalton though. Coyle returns, he knows our offense as well as anyone, what does he do? Eliminates the run and short throws and dares Dalton to make difficult mid-range throws. That speaks volumes.
Old 08.10.2012, 05:43 AM
Pro Bowler

Hopefully now the Bengals can move on somewhat now that Scott is shelved. Sure, he made a couple of decent runs last night but IMO it's too little too late and now he's injured again. Scott looks like another Chris Perry and I'd be surprised to see him in 2012.

BGJE... well ball security (which was one of the main reasons the Bengals traded for him) is an issue. He's slow, cumbersome, doesn't hit the holes well - admittedly the offensive line have been poor - but he never has the threat of a big run in him.
People may say 'he keeps the chains moving and is not flashy' but you have got to consider this ; without at least the threat of breaking a big run it seriously compromises the passing game as teams KNOW they don't have to respect that element in the running game because there is none.... bad desicion on the part of the Bengals picking up BGJE.

There are a plethora of running backs - even rotational players - on other teams who would jump at the chance of being a 'featured back' and have better speed and awareness....
Old 08.10.2012, 05:43 PM
All Pro

Come on guys we support a team that hasn't had back-to-back winning seasons since 1467!

Anyway, I thought I was sure but I'm no longer certain whether the start of the season has been two step back and one step forward, or whether it's been one step forward and two steps back.

As for Sunday I thought the running game was poor and Dalton's accuracy was terrible. The Miami D was outstanding though, talk about blanket coverage.

Our D was ok - limited Bush, Hartline etc quite well, and didn't concede much in the way of points. Like Burfict alot, I'd bench Maualuga and have Burfict in the middle. At least he's physical and in on every play. The secondary needs Dre in fast, at least he'd add some quality.
Old 08.10.2012, 07:25 PM
MVP

Yes, we have to face reality. The Bengals under Mike Brown exist for one reason only........

.............too make up the numbers.
Old 09.10.2012, 08:11 AM
Team Captain

Marvin says we're fine at running-back and will stick with what we have.

I literally can't think of a better example of just how incompetent he is. Is he seriously suggesting that going back to giving BJGE all the carries is 'fine' or are we going to give H-back Leonard carries...Brian Leonard, the prototypical change of pace back.

I can't wait for the day the man finally gets fired. He's a good coach but whoever decided he could make decisions and be a head coach was a moron...oh wait, we already knew that.

Should have given Zimmer the job and promoted Coyle to DC. That's not even hindsight, it's what the majority of people wanted for 2 years.

Last edited by matthews07; 09.10.2012 at 08:16 AM.