CONFIRMED! London Games season ticket news - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 23.05.2019, 08:49 AM
Team Captain

I am still fuming about this, this morning!

NFLUK have destroyed all the good will they had built up with me in one daft move. I have like many been loyal to this for years and spent god know how much in tickets, merch etc and this is how loyal fans are treated.

I will renew at Wembley as I would like to at some stage say I have seen all 32 teams, but if I am not successful at WHL, this may well be my last year of bothering.

If WHL cant cope with demand, stick to Wembley, its a great venue anyway!
Sponsored Links
Old 23.05.2019, 10:26 AM
Starter

What's ironic is that last year they said they were limiting season ticket holders to 4 tickets (or was it 2?) For WHL due to demand etc....and now they've scrapped it and gone down the general sale free for all and stated people can buy 6 tickets??

So genuine loyal fans could only get 2/4 tickets in last years announcements for WHL and general sale (mainly ticket touts) will be able to get 6 a pop!! Seeing as touts will have numerous accounts you can only guess what will happen.

It seems every year theres yet another kick in the nuts for loyal UK fans....wasnt it last year they reduced the season ticket discount from 20% to 10%.....now this year theres 0% on the 2nd venue and to top it off no priority.

Oh well...like most mugs I will queue up on the 6th online and hope for a ticket....not easy when you're at work!!!!...why dont they have the release date as a weekend when 90% of people are off work..rather than a Thursday when 90% of people are at work?

IMHO what they should have done if they were concerned about season ticket holders taking all WHL tickets...is to have a priority window to current season ticket holders and limit that to 10,000 seats with a maximum purchase of 2 tickets...and THEN make anyone unsuccessful have to apply on the 6th in the general sale...that would have made more sense. But then NFL UK doesnt tend to work on common sense.

Last edited by Thepuma; 23.05.2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 23.05.2019, 01:42 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepuma View Post
IMHO what they should have done if they were concerned about season ticket holders taking all WHL tickets...is to have a priority window to current season ticket holders and limit that to 10,000 seats with a maximum purchase of 2 tickets...and THEN make anyone unsuccessful have to apply on the 6th in the general sale...that would have made more sense. But then NFL UK doesnt tend to work on common sense.
That was my exact thinking, that way you are not p***ing off all of your loyal supporters but still a large percentage of them. Surely they have in mind how many ST's they want to issue for WHL.
Old 23.05.2019, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by conors9 View Post
Are we able to buy a season ticket and then sell one of the games back? Only want to attend Bears match but looks unlikely that single tickets will be available.
I would assume that as tickets are coming via ticketmaster that you should be able to put them on to the resale market on ticketmaster's own site. I've previously both purchased and resold tickets on there and it's a fairly simple process.

As a Bears fan and someone not living in London, I'm going to go down this route, as I would prefer to know I have a ticket for the game and even if I put the other ticket slightly below face value, it shouldn't be too much of a hit.

Really not sure if the game will sell out before single match tickets go on sale but I think Bears v Raiders at Spurs will likely be the most popular of the four tickets
Old 23.05.2019, 06:12 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
I would assume that as tickets are coming via ticketmaster that you should be able to put them on to the resale market on ticketmaster's own site. I've previously both purchased and resold tickets on there and it's a fairly simple process.

As a Bears fan and someone not living in London, I'm going to go down this route, as I would prefer to know I have a ticket for the game and even if I put the other ticket slightly below face value, it shouldn't be too much of a hit.

Really not sure if the game will sell out before single match tickets go on sale but I think Bears v Raiders at Spurs will likely be the most popular of the four tickets
The only reason single match tickets will be available is if NFLUK decide they want to offer them by not selling out the probable 40k WHL capacity to season tickets after they allow for the held back hospitality and visiting team season ticket holder allocations.

With the new WHL season ticket holders allowed to buy up to 6 it will be a touting frenzy as they know they can shift at a profit.

The Bears are probably in top 5 of teams for UK support along with my Dolphins, 49ers etc. They along with the 49ers were the two form teams of my generation who got hooked on NFL with the C4 coverage. Bears vs Raiders would sell out Wembley in a flash, so no issues at WHL with only 2/3 of the capacity.

My brother in law wants to see the Bears so we will try for season tickets as see that as only way to get tickets and then see if we want to and can attend the 2nd WHL game. Can’t see issue with getting at least face value if we don’t go. But think a lot may dump the Panthers vs Bucs game as well.

Last edited by malcy93; 23.05.2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 24.05.2019, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

I would like to have made the Raiders Bears game my last one in London. But the chances of getting tickets are nigh on impossible. The NFL have shown their true colours towards the UK Fan base by their actions. It just goes to show all we are seen as $$ regardless of who buys them.

So I will happily sit back at home in comfort and not in a cramped out of the way stadium.

Mark
Old 24.05.2019, 01:24 PM
Team Captain

it would have been fairer to give existing season ticket holders a few hours priority window as a gesture of good will.
Old 28.05.2019, 06:57 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabb View Post
it would have been fairer to give existing season ticket holders a few hours priority window as a gesture of good will.
Maybe they will realise what an almighty **** up they have made and do this.
Not holding my breath.......
Old 31.05.2019, 07:37 PM
Rookie

Default Complete P##s take.

After being a season ticket holder since they started, all the support i have given to NFLUK raising the profile of this great game, i now feel totally betrayed by this WHL first come first served free for all policy, i find it completly unacceptable that there is no season ticket holder presale at WHL, to think of all the support ive given, being cast aside like i have leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth.

If you are successful getting a season ticket at WHL this year, will you be a priority next year like the Wembley system or will it be the same free for all every year????

I am considering ditching WHL all together out of principle.
Old 31.05.2019, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillick180@hotmail.co.uk View Post
If you are successful getting a season ticket at WHL this year, will you be a priority next year like the Wembley system or will it be the same free for all every year????

I am considering ditching WHL all together out of principle.
If you do manage to buy a season ticket for WHL you will be given priority next year before there’s a general sale. That’s certainly a kick in the teeth for existing season ticket holders, many of whom have bought tickets for every game over a decade. The irony is had WHL been completed on time last year, STH would’ve been given first priority to buy tickets at Tottenham and there probably wouldn’t be this current fiasco.