New York Jets Thread - Page 811 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 13.11.2018, 11:48 AM
Pro Bowler

Seems the reason we haven’t fired Bowles is that nobody else is capable of stepping in as an interim. Pretty much says it all about the quality of our coaching staff really! Our ST Coordinator is the only one who deserves to be in a job at this point.

This season was always going to be rough, but these last 6 games are going to be a real slog. Honestly don’t think we’ll win another game. There’s reasons to be optimistic about the next offseason, where we’re likely to have around $100m of cap space and a probable top 5 pick, but I have little confidence that we’ll get it right.

Still have every confidence in Darnold. He’s obviously had some horrible games as of late, but showed earlier in the season what he’s capable of. Hopefully, McCown’s struggles on Sunday made the dumbasses blaming Sam for all our woes realise where the real problems lie, i.e an embarrassingly bad supporting cast and OC.

Anyone have any theories about who the next HC should be? I’ve seen John Harbaugh’s name come up more than anyone else. Not perhaps his biggest fan, but he’s experienced, well respected around the league and runs a tight ship, so I wouldn’t have an issue with him coming in.
Old 03.12.2018, 06:14 PM
Pro Bowler

4 games to go until we can put a match to this sorry season, clear house and start looking ahead to a potentially monumental 2019 offseason.
Old 07.12.2018, 09:41 PM
Pro Bowler

Darron Lee has been suspended for the last 4 games of the season. Lucky bugger...
Old 10.12.2018, 07:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Good to finally get back to winning ways, regardless of whether it slightly harms our Draft position. Darnold’s 4th Quarter performance, especially the TD pass to Anderson, was very encouraging.
Old 16.12.2018, 04:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Extremely promising performance from the Samchise last night, especially with Crowell and Enunwa out and against a strong Houston Defense. Disappointing our Defense couldn’t hold out for the win, and not double covering Hopkins was a strange move, but an encouraging night all round and we’ve made it harder for the Patriots to get a first round bye, which is nice...
Old 19.12.2018, 02:45 PM
Pro Bowler

Congratulations to Jamal Adams, Andre Roberts and Jason Myers on making the Pro Bowl. Adams has been a human highlight reel all season, so no surprise there, but I doubt many Jets fans would have gone into this season expecting two of our Special Teamers to make it.
Old 25.12.2018, 01:23 AM
Pro Bowler

Not many of us around any more (seems to be me and the occasional Stocksy), but Merry Christmas to all Jets fans! Been another rough season overall, but we finally have our QB and Jamal Adams is a freaking stud!
Old 26.12.2018, 02:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
Not many of us around any more (seems to be me and the occasional Stocksy), but Merry Christmas to all Jets fans! Been another rough season overall, but we finally have our QB and Jamal Adams is a freaking stud!
Yeah I am about but logging in is a pain now so I don’t post as much.

Merry Xmas mate. Wonder where all the old boys are like Chazeboy and Celt... etc... anyway... yeah I hope we keep Adams. Not another casualty of a roster shuffle...

I’m feelin all scouse...

Next year will be our year...

Maybe 2050!!
Old 28.12.2018, 05:59 PM
Pro Bowler

We’ve signed Quincy Enunwa to a 4 year extension worth $36m. Hopefully he can stay fit next season, as he’s a big difference maker for us.
Old 31.12.2018, 09:09 AM
Pro Bowler

So, Bowles signs off as HC with a whimper rather than a bang. Pretty disgraceful effort on both sides of the ball really, against a Patriots team that’s pretty average by their standards. We also ended our season the same way we started it, with a turnover.

I wish Todd the best, wherever he ends up. Tried his best, was clearly well liked by the players, just wasn’t up to the task. Time to bring in an Offense minded HC and spend the offseason focusing mainly on building up Sam’s supporting cast, because another season playing with that pitiful excuse of an Offense may ruin him...

Not sure about Maccagnan staying on, but at least he gets to pick his HC this time. Never felt he and Bowles were entirely on the same page. Glad to get this season out of the way tbh. Darnold and Adams have been obvious high points, and the ST were a pleasant surprise, but it’s been glaringly obvious at times how weak our roster is.

Happy New Year, Jets fans!