2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 81 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 19.03.2019, 07:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
its almost like the rich get treated better or something.
hiring the best lawyers and having no reason to settle because of human trafficking headlines guaranteed Kraft wouldn't go easy and spend whatever is needed to try and save him reputation.
Old 19.03.2019, 08:09 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
hiring the best lawyers and having no reason to settle because of human trafficking headlines guaranteed Kraft wouldn't go easy and spend whatever is needed to try and save him reputation.

what reputation?

they should of made an example out of him.
Old 19.03.2019, 09:36 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
His life as a back up begins.

It'll be real interesting to see if he ever gets a chance to start again, and if does, is he the same player away from Jacksonville as he was when he was there. Maybe a change of scenery can revive him a little.

Well if his O line can keep him upright and his receivers can accurately catch the ball he'll be ok. If he avoids throwing it into triple coverage that would help too.
Old 19.03.2019, 10:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
what reputation?

they should of made an example out of him.
Yeah I’d agree that he didn’t have the best reputation already and this isn’t gonna help.

Sometimes taking your punishment and showing remorse is far better for a damaged reputation than twisting the rules and system.

Feel sorry for anyone who's life has been ruined for a similar offence watching Kraft doing what he does best... dodging his wrong doings.

NFL will no doubt ignore this but if he was a player they’d ban him for conduct breach but obviously the mature billionaire owners terrible behaviour doesn’t make the league look bad but the young kid out of college that makes a bad decision does....

That’s the American dream in a nutshell.

#kraftforpresident2020.

Throw in some causal racism and he is set
Old 19.03.2019, 11:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
reports that the Florida prosecutor is looking for a deal in the Kraft case that makes the charges go away if he agree's to say he would have been found guilty and agree to some punishments.

strange with there cast iron case.....
Plea bargains are incredibly common in the US, especially for relatively low level stuff. And they are very common to take as well. It doesn’t mean the case is weak and it doesn’t mean that all those who plead guilty under the deal are actually guilty. I doubt the US justice system could cope with the numbers in jail if nobody took deals. Meanwhile, the difference in punishment between plea bargain and court if found guilty in the US judicial system prompts many to take the security of the deal out of fear of being wrongly found guilty and suffering far heavier consequences.

Quote:
its almost like the rich get treated better or something.
Around 25 others have apparently received the same offer, and it was made based on no prior convictions, i understand. What is unfair though is the fine involved. Loose change for Kraft, but poorer people don’t have $10,000 available just like that. I guess it’s the same with bail.
Old 19.03.2019, 11:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Yeah I’d agree that he didn’t have the best reputation already and this isn’t gonna help.

Sometimes taking your punishment and showing remorse is far better for a damaged reputation than twisting the rules and system.

Feel sorry for anyone who's life has been ruined for a similar offence watching Kraft doing what he does best... dodging his wrong doings.

NFL will no doubt ignore this but if he was a player they’d ban him for conduct breach but obviously the mature billionaire owners terrible behaviour doesn’t make the league look bad but the young kid out of college that makes a bad decision does....

That’s the American dream in a nutshell.

#kraftforpresident2020.

Throw in some causal racism and he is set
Well we don’t know this yet. Conduct detrimental applies to owners as well as players and you wouldn’t need to be found guilty to fall foul of conduct detrimental to the league, you’d think. Especially under Goodell, who likes to stick his nose into everything. There is previous too: Jim Irsay was dealt with by the commissioner and got a fine and a ban. Not that a ban is the same for an owner as a player, but they did something. And I guess Jerry Richardson to an extent too, though I’m sure he will live with the consolation of a billion and more that he sold the Panthers for.

I don’t see how Goodell can’t go after Kraft for this, unless it was such a big mistake that Kraft wasn’t even there and it’s mistaken identity. Which seems unlikely. And for all Goodell will make an enemy of himself with Kraft and the a Patriots fan base again, and any owners who are especially tight with Kraft, I guarantee you in private other owners will be slapping Goodell on the back and saying “well done, Roger”. The difference is probably between those who do and don’t have “extra curricular” activities. And I bet some owners find Kraft just as smug and insufferable as we all do.
Old 19.03.2019, 11:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Cowboys signed Randall Cobb to a 1-year, $5m deal.

Be very surprised if that doesn't signal the end of their interest in Robert Quinn and/or Eric Berry. I think the Cobb deal leaves them with about $14m in cap space. With all the other deals that need to be done, how much cap space can they afford to use in 2019? They can lower Amari Cooper's number perhaps with a new deal, and maybe Lawrence's a little, but Dak, Zeke, and Byron Jones are going to cost more in 2019 if they are re-signed this off season.

Not sure if a slot receiver is more important than a pass rusher or safety in the grand scheme of things...………..unless this is a make or break year for Dak's chances of a long term contract.
Old 19.03.2019, 11:51 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Plea bargains are incredibly common in the US, especially for relatively low level stuff. And they are very common to take as well. It doesn’t mean the case is weak and it doesn’t mean that all those who plead guilty under the deal are actually guilty. I doubt the US justice system could cope with the numbers in jail if nobody took deals. Meanwhile, the difference in punishment between plea bargain and court if found guilty in the US judicial system prompts many to take the security of the deal out of fear of being wrongly found guilty and suffering far heavier consequences.

Around 25 others have apparently received the same offer, and it was made based on no prior convictions, i understand. What is unfair though is the fine involved. Loose change for Kraft, but poorer people don’t have $10,000 available just like that. I guess it’s the same with bail.

also the level of lawyer has an impact in those situations too.

indeed, the impact will be felt in different ways, fines should be proportional.

i guess its also that he has links with Trump, who has links to the person involved in the business, maybe theres nothing there but it feels like a stronger link that others caught might of had.
Old 20.03.2019, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Oakland have signed Vontaze Burfict on a 1 year deal. Very Raiders move...
Old 20.03.2019, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

The Rams have signed Clay Matthews to a 2 year deal worth a maximum of $16.75m.