2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 131 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 16.05.2019, 07:01 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
timing is strange,you let the GM handle free agency and the draft then decide its time for a change.
I thought that, but I don't know firing the GM after the season is ideal either. If you change direction in terms of what/how you are scouting, that might lead to poor picks. Difficult one - but if the GM/HC dynamic wasn't working, it's a change that has to be made.

Not sure with Daniel Jeremiah. He's a West coast guy and he seems fairly happy out there. I don't know that he's a top scout - I thought Mayock was better when he first started, but then got too influenced by others on the Pro Day circuit. DJ likes who he likes, but I would say Bucky Brooks is the better scout. Now, DJ is the far more natural TV/radio guy, and that would mean he could deal with the New York media, but the way I look at him, if he was that good, why wasn't he promoted/fast tracked when he was scouting?
Old 16.05.2019, 09:24 AM
Hall of Fame

DJ seems quite likeable though, so that's one for the 'plus' column, especially in the New York Market as you point out DS. He might or might not be middle of the road as a talent evaluator, but if you're liked by people around the league and the fans then at least you can get off to a good start.

Personally, because there is no 'good' time to fire your GM you might as well do it ASAP following the season. You have to accept its a long term move that effectively damagds/sacrifices your immediate/short term stability.
Old 16.05.2019, 11:30 AM
All Pro

If you're Jeremiah would you take the Jets job? Wouldn't you wait for a bigger, better run franchise?
Old 16.05.2019, 12:57 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The Jets have traded Darron Lee (our one good coverage LB) to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick. Wonder if Mac got fired for signing off on this?

gets on the old ledger and adds another mark against dopey Dave, surely we could of put a 5th on the table.
Old 16.05.2019, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Arizona CB Patrick Peterson has been suspended for the first 6 games of the 2019 season for violating the league’s PED policy.
Old 16.05.2019, 04:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Didn't see that coming from such a 'model citizen'.
Old 16.05.2019, 05:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
If you're Jeremiah would you take the Jets job? Wouldn't you wait for a bigger, better run franchise?
I’ve read he is holding out for the holy grail that is the bills.
Old 16.05.2019, 06:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Jets have traded Darron Lee (our one good coverage LB) to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick. Wonder if Mac got fired for signing off on this?
for so little value why not just wait and see if he improves through the summer under Williams.
Old 16.05.2019, 06:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
I thought that, but I don't know firing the GM after the season is ideal either. If you change direction in terms of what/how you are scouting, that might lead to poor picks. Difficult one - but if the GM/HC dynamic wasn't working, it's a change that has to be made.

Not sure with Daniel Jeremiah. He's a West coast guy and he seems fairly happy out there. I don't know that he's a top scout - I thought Mayock was better when he first started, but then got too influenced by others on the Pro Day circuit. DJ likes who he likes, but I would say Bucky Brooks is the better scout. Now, DJ is the far more natural TV/radio guy, and that would mean he could deal with the New York media, but the way I look at him, if he was that good, why wasn't he promoted/fast tracked when he was scouting?
but surely the most important part of a GM's job these days is free agency and the draft so even if Gase didn't like the money been spent its done now and Gase's time should be spent concentrating on the field trying to get the Jets ready but now there is a void above him and any new GM is going to be someone he likes or maybe even picks.
Old 16.05.2019, 06:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Arizona CB Patrick Peterson has been suspended for the first 6 games of the 2019 season for violating the league’s PED policy.
6 games is a weird number for PED suspensions,surely its 4 games for a 1st offence then 10 so how do they get to 6??