NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 401 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 01.11.2009, 10:46 PM
All Pro

I actually had a reasonable time with the Eagles Giants today. I don't think I got a speed above 1000kpbs (it was running in full screen but never crystal clear) but I had no stutters through the 3 hours of streaming. The quality was a little up and down at times but it was always very watchable - especially in the adverts... Finally.

It was the first time this season I've been able to watch a game stutter free and not go through the pendulums of 175 kpbs and 1750 kbps with little inbetween. Even MNF was a stutter fest so today was a pleasure.
Old 01.11.2009, 10:55 PM
All Pro

The game I'm watching today has been really good...
Old 02.11.2009, 12:17 AM
All Pro

The Denver @ Ravens
and
Raiders @ Chargers

were both all over the place 182-1380.Sometimes settling at 998.

I guess my eyes are getting used to the underwater looking picture.

Even though I watched 3 NHL games on ESPN 360 player at 1400 speed and it stayed
at that speed all the way through this morning.

It has to be the servers.The player. Neulion with their finger up their ***.
At least taking Mondays off the quality is how it should be on archive.
Now I have probably jinxed that.
Old 02.11.2009, 06:41 AM
Team Captain

have any of you guys sent a complaint to nfl.com regarding the gamepass issues yet? (Iv given up on Neulion and their "support" !) I did this about 3/4 weeks ago and got nothing back
Old 02.11.2009, 09:18 AM
Pro

My experience with Gamepass has been pretty good since I signed up at week 4. I have always got on when I wanted and been able to watch a stack of games that I would otherwise not have got the chance to watch. The only time I have problems is as a result of my provider (damn BT) who are clearly cutting my connection speed massively at peak times. But to be fair I can still watch the games even when my connection has dropped to around 400k.
Old 02.11.2009, 09:20 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakz View Post
www.speedtester.bt.com just follow the instructions.
Cheers for that. Checked it and it states 6meg which is what I get before BT cut it. Are you not getting any issues regarding your speed being capped at peak times?
Old 02.11.2009, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu1874 View Post
have any of you guys sent a complaint to nfl.com regarding the gamepass issues yet? (Iv given up on Neulion and their "support" !) I did this about 3/4 weeks ago and got nothing back

Same as,....around the same time as well,.I've also not had any response.
Old 02.11.2009, 10:55 AM
Pro

No problems at all again last night, watched Eagles V Giants at 2200kbs with no drops in quality at all.

Also, all of the speedtests that you are running are completely meaningless i'm afraid. What is important is your ISP's routing to where the Gamepass host servers are as if that is rubbish then regardless of how fast your connection is you will get a rubbish picture/stream rate on Gamepass.

Your ISPs may also be throttling differnet types of internet traffic under their quality of service terms which could be causing issues for you (especially as Sunday night is one of the busiest times online).

Personally, other than the debacle in week 1 it has worked perfectly at all times for me, but I am sorry to hear that other NFL fans can't enjoy the same service that I do
Old 02.11.2009, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post

Also, all of the speedtests that you are running are completely meaningless i'm afraid. What is important is your ISP's routing to where the Gamepass host servers are as if that is rubbish then regardless of how fast your connection is you will get a rubbish picture/stream rate on Gamepass.

See what you're saying,...... But previously when 'chatting' to Neulion live support I have done speed tests between here and server in eastern US as they instructed me to, that showed a speed more than adequate to receive the service and I still wasn't,....Same again last night,.....

Last edited by Steve_H; 02.11.2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02.11.2009, 12:07 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to steakz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post

Your ISPs may also be throttling differnet types of internet traffic under their quality of service terms which could be causing issues for you (especially as Sunday night is one of the busiest times online).

in general im fine, BT do throttle most people but its in their t's+c's that video streaming is always left at about 800kbps as thats the average of most online players like the bbc iplayer and such like.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super