NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 25.11.2009, 04:28 PM
All Pro

Default Matt Leinart

So, We got to see him play 2 quarters of football

Not greatly impressive, getting pretty much written off again after his showing

But,

Let us not forget that he hasn't been taking the suitable reps with the starters, he is lefty, meaning the line have to work differently as do the rest of the offense in reality. He has been prone to turning the ball over when making bit part appearances and this time kept it safe. I'd like to think that his ball control and decision making was better and with time with the starters he can still prove to be "WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!" and maybe "CROWN HIS A@@!"
Old 25.11.2009, 05:20 PM
Team Captain

I'm still on the fence about Leinart.

Warner won't be around forever and I'm not sure if Leinart is the future.

Hope he plays well on Sunday, if Warner doesn't play. Warner is still doubtful with concussion.
Old 25.11.2009, 07:30 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
So, We got to see him play 2 quarters of football

Not greatly impressive, getting pretty much written off again after his showing

But,

Let us not forget that he hasn't been taking the suitable reps with the starters, he is lefty, meaning the line have to work differently as do the rest of the offense in reality. He has been prone to turning the ball over when making bit part appearances and this time kept it safe. I'd like to think that his ball control and decision making was better and with time with the starters he can still prove to be "WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!" and maybe "CROWN HIS A@@!"
Well true he didn't actually turn the ball over this time BUT he nearly did on a couple of throws. That said until he gets real practice time with the 1's and a real chance to get the rust off I reserve judgement.
If he plays Sunday and i'm Whiz I call play action long pass first play (the titans have to expect us to protect ML by running) and see what I have in #7. if he completes it... confidence boost right there, if he doesn't nothing lost if its picked we see what he's made of in how he handles it.
With our LBs banged up we are up against it anyway with the Titans and we need the O to control the ball and keep CJ off the field get ahead and make Young have to beat us with his arm.
Old 26.11.2009, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Default Matt Leinart

Have to agree with the above. While ML may have looked a bit dodgy on his limited appearances so far, it would be very unfair to judge him on this. In most team sports when a player (especially in a key/high vis. position) is promoted/signed, life can be very tough due to expectations/new team-mates/tactics etc and it can take up to and beyond 2 years before everything clicks. What I'm trying to say is that he will need to start consistantly in the 1st team before he can be fairly judged.
Old 27.11.2009, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyne View Post
Have to agree with the above. While ML may have looked a bit dodgy on his limited appearances so far, it would be very unfair to judge him on this. In most team sports when a player (especially in a key/high vis. position) is promoted/signed, life can be very tough due to expectations/new team-mates/tactics etc and it can take up to and beyond 2 years before everything clicks. What I'm trying to say is that he will need to start consistantly in the 1st team before he can be fairly judged.
agree to all of this. When he started he showed in parts that he can lead this team.

I will hold my hands up and say i was all up for matt to start when it was up for grabs a few years ago (how wrong i was) and this was based on him getting games and reps with the starters. he is a better player than the few quaters have shown him to be this year.

Warner on the other hand is now being touted as the best QB in cardinals history....something i am inclinded to agree with.
Old 27.11.2009, 01:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
agree to all of this. When he started he showed in parts that he can lead this team.

I will hold my hands up and say i was all up for matt to start when it was up for grabs a few years ago (how wrong i was) and this was based on him getting games and reps with the starters. he is a better player than the few quaters have shown him to be this year.

Warner on the other hand is now being touted as the best QB in cardinals history....something i am inclinded to agree with.
agree on Warner, We all wanted Matty to come in after Kurt was getting fumbleitus, and it was too soon, but even then, in a struggling Denny Green era he showed signs of being a very good QB, but we'll see. Kurt won't last forever and I think Matt still has some life in him yet. He has knuckled down since his first year partying and such, he's no Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russel! or Couch! no bust yet, by a long shot