Farewell Texas Stadium - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 14.04.2010, 08:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
Love watching building demolitions like that,..,....

As a 'Niners fan I should probably think of some sort of scathing comment about the place, but I shan't,... It's a piece of football history gone,.... A bit sad really, but as some of you have said it wasn't that great a building any more, and showing it's age,... Been replaced with newer and better,.... And it's probably what Candlestick has coming to it sometime in the next few years,.....
It's amazing how quickly the stadium grew old and out dated.... Some of the stadiums being built for NFL teams these days are amazing and made a stadiium like Texas Stadium, which is less than 40 years old, look ancient.
Am glad that the new one has the hole in the roof so the old one will always be remembered.

* Apparently Texas Stadium was the first in the world to have purpose built executive boxes, approx 200 when it opened and quickly up to over 300 when they sold out.
Old 15.04.2010, 07:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstar View Post
if you have not seen it, this is a better view.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/farewel..._Implosion.cfm
WOW that video is amazing to see what it acutally looked like from inside.

Bye Bye Texas Stadium.
Old 20.04.2010, 09:55 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstar View Post
if you have not seen it, this is a better view.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/farewel..._Implosion.cfm

Thanks for the link Hallstar. Sad to see it go but impressive demise nonetheless!
Old 18.05.2010, 08:47 PM
Team Captain

Sad to see it go. We played our first game at the stadium on the day I was born.
Old 26.11.2010, 06:36 PM
All Pro

Was just wondering if any Cowboys fans here have been to the new stadium yet and how does it compare to Texas Stadium for atmosphere.
The reason i ask is because while watching the game last night i thought the crowd were very quiet.Now i know they hadn't much to shout about for 3 quarters but i thought a stadium with as big a capacity would have been a whole lot louder.Perhaps the fans are too comfortable in the plush surroundings.
Old 26.11.2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklcan1 View Post
Was just wondering if any Cowboys fans here have been to the new stadium yet and how does it compare to Texas Stadium for atmosphere.
The reason i ask is because while watching the game last night i thought the crowd were very quiet.Now i know they hadn't much to shout about for 3 quarters but i thought a stadium with as big a capacity would have been a whole lot louder.Perhaps the fans are too comfortable in the plush surroundings.
Honestly, the Cowboys have never had a loud atmosphere at home games since they went into texas stadium and now the new one. A bit of the Man Utd/Old Trafford syndrome
Old 28.11.2010, 04:11 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
Honestly, the Cowboys have never had a loud atmosphere at home games since they went into texas stadium and now the new one. A bit of the Man Utd/Old Trafford syndrome

This is true, and part of the problem when they moved to Texas stadium was that the poorer (and more vocal) fans were priced out.

I only got to Texas stadium a couple of times, and had a great time both times (even with a 1-1 record), and thought that the atmosphere was v. good, although having only been to other NFL games in Tampa & Arizona there's not a lot to compare it against.

Haven't got to the new stadium yet (was still being built last time we went over), but hoping to get there soon. Was planning to go next season, but I guess that will depend on whether there is a season or not.