Superbash 2011 Review - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 07.02.2011, 11:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erfan View Post
How big was the turn out,was it what you thought it would be or more?
I thought a little less than I expected anyone else?
Old 07.02.2011, 11:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahmasbi View Post
The balcony fiasco? Was this when some douche slapped someone? We were right next to this.
yeah that was the one, and plus down the other end there were a few guys shouting abusive things to guys sitting just below them.
about the food wasn't bad @ all, all about the soho special
Old 07.02.2011, 12:02 PM
All Pro

Having been to the Superbash for quite a few years now I felt that this one was a bit of a mixed bag.
I thought there were some very good elements this year, the food and cheerleading acts were very much improved and the kicking competition was entertaining.
The awards, whilst a good idea seemed to fall a bit flat.
The constant booing and heckling was completely uncalled for. It was a free event, I'd question why some people were there if these things aren't to their liking. I understand that the entertainment wasn't to everyone's taste (it wasn't mine) but seeing as we paid nothing the least we could do was humour them. The band / cheerleaders didn't deserve it and some people honestly seemed to think that if they shouted enough abuse the girls would actually take their clothes off.
The picture quality of the screen seemed quite poor this year, did anyone else notice this?

Overall it was still a fantastic night and a great way to watch the big game with many likeminded fans. Thank you nfluk!
Old 07.02.2011, 12:07 PM
All Pro

I had a great night,good to catch up with fellow phins wackojacko and syborg.shame steelers lost. The only downside to the night was some "fans" proving they have not much class. I thought the band responded well to the abuse and made some heckler at the front sink into himself somewhat! overall another top superbash and thanks to nfluk once again. And the cheerleaders...........oh my days.
Old 07.02.2011, 12:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1975 View Post
The only downside to the night was some "fans" proving they have not much class..
Barry we saw what you were doing....hardly classy! Haha great to catch up mate
Old 07.02.2011, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Did anyone see the guy in the seating area standing up and flipping everyone 'the bird'?

I don't even think the game had kicked off at that point
Old 07.02.2011, 12:21 PM
Pro

Overall it was a great Superbash.

Last year I sat upstairs and this year I was downstairs. Definitely thought that being downstairs was better - just felt more of the yelling and screaming, it was GREAT.

I am guilty of booing The Scarletz though. Frankly they were just awful. Flawless last year were great!
Old 07.02.2011, 12:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Hi guys

Just woke up (half day off work ) - First of all many thanks to BMW_1975 for sorting me out some tickets and great to catch up with Syborg (he was the one with the Dolphins hat if you don't know by know).

Overall it was a good Superbash but have to say thought certain things from previous years were better (although I wasn't drinking this time so maybe that has something to do with it).

Cheerleaders were ace with their performances, Neil and Arlo were quite good actually with their crowd interaction (different from Nelson) and it was great to listen to Tiki (couldn't believe how small he was). Kicking competition was good too. Food was quite good and FREE soft drinks was a brilliant gesture in addition to the well organised transport again

Bad points for me were the Scarlets (sorry but they s&cked and didn't help their cause by the blonde lead singer screeching abuse back at the crowd. Yes the cwho may have been harsh but - cmon making comments like "You smell of wee"... didn't allure to her intelligence. Probably not the right group for the audience). Flawless and the Saturdays (SUPERB) from previous years were miles better.

Also as someone stated earlier, couldn't get two seats together because of people "reserving" their seats. I understand if you pop up to get a beer but there were lots of seats with coats on and were empty on and off throught a couple of quarters.

I also agree that the TV didn't seem quite as good as last year but it might have been the poor sound on and off that brings this to mind.

Not a bad point but the last couple of years the Cheerleaders came out on the floor and a lot of people (me included) got some photos (did I miss it this year lol) and of course the Herta Hot Dog girls .

Overall a really good Superbash. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, the game was excellent too. Get the CBA sorted and roll on next season.

Cheers guys

WJUK

ps - I was wearing the Marino 13 jersey (but not with the Rodgers mask on lol) - where did they get those masks they were cool.

Last edited by WackoJackoUK; 07.02.2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07.02.2011, 12:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_king_from_leon View Post
Barry we saw what you were doing....hardly classy! Haha great to catch up mate
I don't know what u mean Felix! I was on my best behaviour,designated driver and all that! Good to catch up and thx for sorting all those drinks for nick from upstairs.
Old 07.02.2011, 12:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoJackoUK View Post
Hi guys

Just woke up (half day off work ) - First of all many thanks to BMW_1975 for sorting me out some tickets and great to catch up with Syborg (he was the one with the Dolphins hat if you don't know by know).

Overall it was a good Superbash but have to say thought certain things from previous years were better (although I wasn't drinking this time so maybe that has something to do with it).

Cheerleaders were ace with their performances, Neil and Arlo were quite good actually with their crowd interaction (different from Nelson) and it was great to listen to Tiki (couldn't believe how small he was). Kicking competition was good too. Food was quite good and FREE soft drinks was a brilliant gesture in addition to the well organised transport again

Bad points for me were the Scarlets (sorry but they s&cked and didn't help their cause by the blonde lead singer screeching abuse back at the crowd. Yes the cwho may have been harsh but - cmon making comments like "You smell of wee"... didn't allure to her intelligence. Probably not the right group for the audience). Flawless and the Saturdays (SUPERB) from previous years were miles better.

Also as someone stated earlier, couldn't get two seats together because of people "reserving" their seats. I understand if you pop up to get a beer but there were lots of seats with coats on and were empty on and off throught a couple of quarters.

I also agree that the TV didn't seem quite as good as last year but it might have been the poor sound on and off that brings this to mind.

Not a bad point but the last couple of years the Cheerleaders came out on the floor and a lot of people (me included) got some photos (did I miss it this year lol) and of course the Herta Hot Dog girls .

Overall a really good Superbash. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, the game was excellent too. Get the CBA sorted and roll on next season.

Cheers guys

WJUK

ps - I was wearing the Marino 13 jersey (but not with the Rodgers mask on lol) - where did they get those masks they were cool.
good assessment mate. Nice to meet u (after mistaking u for the guy in the rodgers mask!)