Superbash 2011 Review - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 07.02.2011, 02:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Did anyone see the guy in the seating area standing up and flipping everyone 'the bird'?

I don't even think the game had kicked off at that point
Yeah, I saw that too! To be honest he did look about 12 and one of those guys that had just had his first beer!
Old 07.02.2011, 02:30 PM
All Pro

The Scarlets were awful I take it that nobody has gone near looking for them on i-tunes.

Thankfully I missed any of the hassle, and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.
Old 07.02.2011, 03:57 PM
Rookie

Definately NOT the best night in Super bash terms. The awards was a good idea but definately please choose your hosts a little better NFLUK very poor choice of commentators/hosts. Also the Scarletz would of been ok if you had something other than the cheerleaders (the best act of the night) as an act, as i think people felt let down.
Seating has always been a problem and would suggest that if people cannot get seats in the allocated area then at least have some foldable ones spare for the rest of us as otherwise this forces some to leave early. This year i noticed no cheerleaders going round taking pics with anyone (unless i missed this) and definately a good idea from previous years having the ladies selling the hotdogs etc. Must say the food has definately improved this year quality wise but maybe not price wise but didnt feel that bad this year at least considering it was of better quality.

Overall not a bad Super bash but NOT the best!
Old 07.02.2011, 04:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahmasbi View Post
The balcony fiasco? Was this when some douche slapped someone? We were right next to this. Also, this is pretty much an appeal, was anyone here on the NFL bus back to Victoria at around 4:15 when the guys were singing dirty rugby songs and then some absolute moron got his **** out and started whacking off at the front of the bus? I'm not kidding, this happened and I am out to get this guy. I spoke to the driver and they have footage of it recorded on the bus, so they have an image of him and proof of what he did. It's just before I go to the police with it, which I most certainly am, I want to find out more about him if I can. He must be on here in some degree or someone must know him because they were in a large group.
Anyway, anyone that can help, it would be much appreciated. This guy needs to be put on the sex offenders register and banned from ANYTHING to do with NFL.
You're joking ? Very creepy
Old 07.02.2011, 04:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsanchez View Post
Definately NOT the best night in Super bash terms. The awards was a good idea but definately please choose your hosts a little better NFLUK very poor choice of commentators/hosts. Also the Scarletz would of been ok if you had something other than the cheerleaders (the best act of the night) as an act, as i think people felt let down.
Seating has always been a problem and would suggest that if people cannot get seats in the allocated area then at least have some foldable ones spare for the rest of us as otherwise this forces some to leave early. This year i noticed no cheerleaders going round taking pics with anyone (unless i missed this) and definately a good idea from previous years having the ladies selling the hotdogs etc. Must say the food has definately improved this year quality wise but maybe not price wise but didnt feel that bad this year at least considering it was of better quality.

Overall not a bad Super bash but NOT the best!
Cheerleaders did do photos at the sponsorship board!! I got mine!
Old 07.02.2011, 05:28 PM
GOAT

Well I enjoyed the bash. . I did not really listen to the Scarletz(s)? but I dont remember thinking there was an awful noise. . but as I say I was to engrossed in conversation . Hey those Colts cheerleaders. . who knew they could sing!!??
and their performance. . well they were very good weren't they

Enjoyed the game. . saw some scuffle towards the end. . some guy left with a flea in his ear. . didnt see any other trouble though.

Was great meeting Robroy, Wacko, BMW, Stocksy, bluelionman (very very drunk) and others. . you all know who you are. . sorry to those I missed, Towen5 . . AGAIN!! Silver and Black etc. .

Thought Arlo White was very misinformed. . and went very red after his second or 3rd mistake with info on and about Tiki.. who was a legend as it goes. . enjoyed seeing him. .

Had a few beers then swapped to the free pepsi . . which was an awesome touch .so thank you to the organisers for that.
Thank you for the buses back in to the city centre. .

OH and loved the fact that we could have photos with the cheerleaders this year after not being able to the previous year. . shame they would not let you 'touch' them though. . the Dolphins and Bucs the previous year allowed you to put your arm around them . however it was just nice they were interactive . . .

all in all I enjoyed the night. .
Old 07.02.2011, 05:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Looks like I missed the Cheerleaders thing then

When did they come out? - 4th Quarter? - I was upstairs then

Another fault I had - they had some prizes to give out which again is a nice touch. Thought the kicking thing was fun but it would have been cool for a couple of ticket holders to have a go as well (would have been like a prize... kicking against Rhys Lloyd).
Old 07.02.2011, 06:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoJackoUK View Post
Looks like I missed the Cheerleaders thing then

When did they come out? - 4th Quarter? - I was upstairs then

Another fault I had - they had some prizes to give out which again is a nice touch. Thought the kicking thing was fun but it would have been cool for a couple of ticket holders to have a go as well (would have been like a prize... kicking against Rhys Lloyd).
It was later on,end of third I think.i only got a pic by chance walking past on way to bodeans!
Old 07.02.2011, 08:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
Was great meeting Robroy, Wacko, BMW, Stocksy, bluelionman (very very drunk) and others. . you all know who you are. . sorry to those I missed, Towen5 . . AGAIN!! Silver and Black etc. .
Hi Mate,
Really no worries I would love to have met you guys too but my wife and I retreated upstairs as soon I got there and sat my duff down and enjoyed the evening. I am not much of a drinker so I did enjoy everyone having to get up to relieve themselves every two seconds anyone would have thought we were there to watch a game? Again not a problem when nothing is going on and there are enough stops and starts in American football but mid-game, mid play Com'on Man!
Phil
Old 08.02.2011, 01:27 AM
Pro Bowler

Had a real good night at Superbash last night and want to thank once again, Phillies and BillBates for helping sort me out with tickets, cheers guys, you're both legends !

I also met up with another legend, no, not Tiki Barber, I'm talking about ..... Syborg !

Your enthusiasm for American Football and the fun you have with it is something else. I would have liked to have had time to talk some more, but found the cheer leaders a distraction - for all the right reasons .... I thought they put on a great show.

I didn't go a lot on The Scarlets, but I get the feeling I'm not alone on that one, and I expect the gig is one they wont forget in a hurry !!

I was a bit concerned the game itself was going to be a blow out the way much of the first half went, so was pleased the Steelers were able to get back in it during the second half, producing a close game that went down to the wire. Congrats to Aaron Rogers and team for the Packers win.

Lastly, Thanks to NFLUK and staff for putting this event on. Clearly a lot of time and effort goes in to it, and sure your not going to please everyone, but on the whole I think a fantastic jobis done, I think it's important that we have these flagship events, so long may it continue.

The only regret I have from last night was that I did not follow Syborgs lead by switching my drink from Coors to pepsi from half time. I don't know how many beers I had (it all seemed fine at the time !), but I do know that I didn't want my head this morning !!

Hope all that went last night had a good time and got back home in piece,

'till next time ......

Robroy.