What Grinds Your Gears - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 03.06.2012, 07:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLVI View Post

Dance Music -_-
When you say dance music, what do you actually mean? I hate dance music being classed as a genre of music because there are hundreds of genres with "dance" and is extremely diverse.
Old 03.06.2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmuir View Post
When you say dance music, what do you actually mean? I hate dance music being classed as a genre of music because there are hundreds of genres with "dance" and is extremely diverse.
I Actually like Dance music in a Club or a Party. I am just tired of tuning into the Radio, and it's all dance/pop, or Top 40. I don't know the specific type of Dance, as i don't listen to dance and i am completely clueless to what the types are, but the one with the inane beat.

but hey that's just my grumpy opinion .
Old 03.06.2012, 07:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLVI View Post
I Actually like Dance music in a Club or a Party. I am just tired of tuning into the Radio, and it's all dance/pop, or Top 40. I don't know the specific type of Dance, as i don't listen to dance and i am completely clueless to what the types are, but the one with the inane beat.

but hey that's just my grumpy opinion .
Ahhh, completely different kettle of fish. Some areas of "house" music have went completely commercial. Avicii - Levels, is pretty popular and has been playing on the radio for months now. I remember being in Magaluf last year requesting it and got told off the DJ it wasn't well known enough to get played. That's what really grinds my gears, DJs who play music to suit others. DJs should play what they want to, and it shouldn't be dictated by the top 40, what's current. That REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS
Old 04.06.2012, 04:10 PM
Hall of Fame

You know what really grinds my gears......

Lads who put "x" as in kiss at the end of a text message.
Old 04.06.2012, 11:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
in response to Phisch I too hate mis pronounciation IE: free instead of THree, dare in place of THere and it does tend to be the youngsters more so, lazy generation leading to another lazy generation to follow it . . should we even last that long.
In addition to the above, poor speech in general. I get particularly annoyed at people who don't pronounce the 't' in words such as party, Martin or water.

Last edited by Dragut; 04.06.2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05.06.2012, 08:12 AM
Starter

1. Middle lane drivers - Seriously? Do you really need all that room either side of you. If it was up to me i'd give the police the power to dish out 3 penalty points for it!!!!

2. Fake tan - People of Britain, no-one believes that your tan is real. You live in Britain for christ's sake. I do not understand this need to turn yourself a patchy orange colour. You look ridiculous!!!!!

3. Business speak - "drive the business, moving forward" "blue sky thinking" "cascade this to your teams" "core competencies" "touch base" "manage our expectations" I hear most of this crap almost every day in the company i work for. Who makes this total nonsense up? Honestly, it doesn't make you sound any more intelligent. If anything you sound like an idiot. And you are probably a weird shade of orange

Rant over
Old 05.06.2012, 08:52 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsoldat View Post
seems like every thread on this forum has somone bring up some religious or political point and then the whole thing explodes into asshattery.

you know what grinds my gears OTHER PEOPLE, take a chill pill world.
Can I steal this word? I want to use it in my next business meeting!
Old 05.06.2012, 09:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider24 View Post
1. Middle lane drivers - Seriously? Do you really need all that room either side of you. If it was up to me i'd give the police the power to dish out 3 penalty points for it!!!!

2. Fake tan - People of Britain, no-one believes that your tan is real. You live in Britain for christ's sake. I do not understand this need to turn yourself a patchy orange colour. You look ridiculous!!!!!

3. Business speak - "drive the business, moving forward" "blue sky thinking" "cascade this to your teams" "core competencies" "touch base" "manage our expectations" I hear most of this crap almost every day in the company i work for. Who makes this total nonsense up? Honestly, it doesn't make you sound any more intelligent. If anything you sound like an idiot. And you are probably a weird shade of orange

Rant over

When I hear people say "touch base" I imagine that they are actually saying
"touching cloth" which makes me s****** like a schoolboy, childish I know

s****** replaced by giggle

Last edited by mattchew; 05.06.2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: censored
Old 05.06.2012, 11:03 AM
MVP

Pedestrian crossings that don't give you enough time to cross the bleeding road.

Related to the above - drivers that think amber means go, and then beep their horns at you as you are crossing the road.
Old 05.06.2012, 11:24 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
Pedestrian crossings that don't give you enough time to cross the bleeding road.

Related to the above - drivers that think amber means go, and then beep their horns at you as you are crossing the road.

Not to mention the green man only shows when the red light has already been on for about 5 seconds !!