What Grinds Your Gears - Page 13 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 09.06.2012, 12:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post

Totally, totally agree except for the Derby blades - ugh. Try Feathers or Gillette 7 O'Clock yellows.

Also on the same topic, canned gloop foams and gels for 4 quid a pop are awful when you can get some high quality shave creams that smell much nicer and perform much better. OK, you have to invest in a brush and the creams seem more pricey, but in the long run it works out better as a tub of cream last months as you only need a small amount.
I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to DE shaving, I got some Derby's samples with the Edwin Jagger DE 89 I got last year.

These blades were great so I ordered 100 from Amazon.
You are right, they tend to be a bit hit and miss, ie 1 of every 5 will be a bit wonky, So I end up throwing it away at the first stroke, and replacing it.

Its strange, as their sample pack was excellent.
I have heard Feathers are very sharp, I will get my technique down before I venture forth to those blades.(Mantic59 and Geofatboy on Youtube both make excellent videos for a newbie like me)

I love the Merkur Futur and its ability to adjust the blade though, what an awesome razor, blows any Gillette Proglide away.

As I get up at ungoldly hours for work, And cannot face shaving at 5.30 am so I usually shave before bed, which can be tricky if you have a few bevvies , therefore I do like Derby's as they are pretty mild shaves , even if you do a 3 pass.

Totally agree on the shaving creams, Got some Proraso cream the other week, and I love it, Taylors of Bond street make a really good cream as well.& Their Sandlewood aftershave is ace as well

Last edited by vann_mcelroy; 09.06.2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09.06.2012, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Taylors of Bond street make a really good cream as well.& Their Sandlewood aftershave is ace as well
Am currently using their hair cream, really different feel to it and a retro 'pomade' type smell. Hold lasts all day without being rock hard or greasy. Good stuff.
Old 09.06.2012, 01:46 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Am currently using their hair cream, really different feel to it and a retro 'pomade' type smell. Hold lasts all day without being rock hard or greasy. Good stuff.

I love the old school hair products.

Even to this day , my dad attributes a daily splash and massage of "Vaseline Hair Tonic" as the sole reason why he still has a full head of hair well past his retirement age !!!

I think he still models himself on John Travolta from Grease though
Old 09.06.2012, 07:19 PM
All Pro

People who constantly play the victim card or refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.

Lazy parenting - Just the other day while driving away Sainsburys (going no more than 10mph) I nearly flattened a kid on a scooter in the car park while their parents chatted oblivious around 10 metres away. Upon sounding my horn the mother comes flying over and tells me to 'stop effing hooting' at her kid at which point I said 'if you were a better parent you wouldn't have let your kid use the scooter in the car park in the first place and I wouldn't have had to use my horn!' at which point they went bright red and I drove away.

Also - Parents you can't be mates with your kids - show them some discipline!

Anything on ITV2 or any show thats reality based!

Massively overweight women who wear leggings or lycra - Seriously! - Wrong on so many levels!

Last edited by Stubbsy #21; 09.06.2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10.06.2012, 07:34 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
People who constantly play the victim card or refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.

Lazy parenting - Just the other day while driving away Sainsburys (going no more than 10mph) I nearly flattened a kid on a scooter in the car park while their parents chatted oblivious around 10 metres away. Upon sounding my horn the mother comes flying over and tells me to 'stop effing hooting' at her kid at which point I said 'if you were a better parent you wouldn't have let your kid use the scooter in the car park in the first place and I wouldn't have had to use my horn!' at which point they went bright red and I drove away.

Also - Parents you can't be mates with your kids - show them some discipline!

Anything on ITV2 or any show thats reality based!

Massively overweight women who wear leggings or lycra - Seriously! - Wrong on so many levels!

A pet hate of mine also, in fact the vast majority look terrible in them. It wasn't so bad when they used to wear them under clothing like short skirts etc, then we didn't have to look at all their fat being squeezed into one place -YUK!

When will they learn! WOMEN! LEGGINGS ARE NOT TROUSERS!!
Old 10.06.2012, 07:39 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Guys, guys, guys...... Grow yourselves a beard! Since that numpty Mr Beckham you can grow any old rubbish and it's considered acceptable
I am currently sporting a full beard, but not because of Beckham, because I've been away on holiday and the wife forgot to pack my razor.

Yes I could have bought a new one whilst away but that would have eaten into by beer fund, and that was never going to happen.
Old 10.06.2012, 07:50 AM
Hall of Fame

Thinking of experimenting with one myself, I quite like the Sergio Batista/Jesus look
Old 10.06.2012, 07:53 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Thinking of experimenting with one myself, I quite like the Sergio Batista/Jesus look
Nice, but that's a two pronged attack with beard AND hair.

Can you pull it off?
Old 10.06.2012, 09:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Nice, but that's a two pronged attack with beard AND hair.

Can you pull it off?

I cannot decide which one is cooler
Old 10.06.2012, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
I am currently sporting a full beard, but not because of Beckham, because I've been away on holiday and the wife forgot to pack my razor.

Yes I could have bought a new one whilst away but that would have eaten into by beer fund, and that was never going to happen.
I've been proudly bearded after a similar incident some three years ago. Actually, its more of a cross between a beard an five o'clock shadow rather than an Abraham Lincon. Makes life so much easier..