Are the Patriots the NFL's most hated team? - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 04.03.2013, 08:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdo52 View Post
By the way, when did people start taking Sizzle so seriously?

This is what he does.
This is true, this is true.

I mean for the better part of two years now we've been waiting to see this "piece" of Big Ben that he keeps in his basement. NFL Network asked him if keeps it in a fridge. Only NFL Network would ask a question like that.

We all know what Ray Rice keeps in his basement. It almost got him killed in Pittsburgh!
Old 06.03.2013, 05:11 AM
Rookie

I have always had a dislike for the Bronco's, the reason I think spans back to the Elway days and his general cockiness on the field. There probably was some jealousy mixed in there to fuel this, however whilst I have nothing against the franchise these days this feeling still exists to a degree. I guess most people's hatred of other teams is more often based generally on close competitive or divisional rivalry. For that reason I have a dislike for the Jets, Patriots and Bills...
Old 06.03.2013, 03:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon03 View Post
I have always had a dislike for the Bronco's, the reason I think spans back to the Elway days and his general cockiness on the field. There probably was some jealousy mixed in there to fuel this, however whilst I have nothing against the franchise these days this feeling still exists to a degree. I guess most people's hatred of other teams is more often based generally on close competitive or divisional rivalry. For that reason I have a dislike for the Jets, Patriots and Bills...
I always enjoyed watching Montana beat Elway, especially in big games. But as I've said for many times, I really can't hate any team. I admit this is partly because for most of my life, we've been better than all of them so you can't hate those who are worse than you.

That said, the current Seahawks push my buttons more than most. Don't hate them though.
Old 06.03.2013, 05:35 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Agreed.

And I try to take solace in the fact that if and when the Dolphins do finally win it, after all these years (quarter of a century for many British Fins fans) it will feel awesome!! The longer the Fins go without winning it, the better it will feel when they do!
It's been long enough - no more waiting please.
Old 06.03.2013, 08:29 PM
All Pro

I think a lot of the 'hate' for the Patriots probably is rooted in their success. However it doesn't always follow. The Colts have also been there or thereabouts every year for the last 10 years, yet few people seem to really hate the Colts compared to the Patriots. Likewise the Steelers seem to attract a lot more hate than the Ravens even though they have had similar levels of success in this period.