The NFL Show on BBC - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 22.09.2017, 11:54 AM
Pro

It's called the 'NFL Show'. There is only team in the NFL who use 'Kansas' as a name.

It's clear who he is referring to.
Old 23.09.2017, 06:02 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiYeltz View Post
It's called the 'NFL Show'. There is only team in the NFL who use 'Kansas' as a name.

Got to agree, don't think it's ever confused me up until now....
Old 27.09.2017, 12:41 AM
Rookie

The show seemed very rushed tonight with a 10 minute "history lesson" (concerning the NFL vs Trump) from Osi at the start.
I'm finding turning to NFL: Redzone for the highlights.
Old 27.09.2017, 09:24 AM
Pro

they also barely mentioned the thursday night game in fridays episode considering how good a game it was.
Old 27.09.2017, 09:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiYeltz View Post

That's a bit like saying that when Manchester City weren't in the Premier League it would be fine for the presenters on Match of the Day to just talk about Manchester when referring to United, on the grounds that there was only one team in the Premier League who uses Manchester as a name. If someone did they you would think they had no clue what they were talking about.

Just get it right. You're an NFL presenter. If Kansas was right then the American shows would say that. They don't.

I bet Chapman thinks Kansas City are from Kansas.

Last edited by European Bob; 27.09.2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 27.09.2017, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Think it's a decent show all in all, but the highlights are poorly edited/rushed. Feels like it needs another 10 minutes or so...
Old 27.09.2017, 10:46 AM
MVP

I like it, chemistry is good and Chappers is probably the best "non NFL fan" presenter we have had as you feel he is actually trying to learn about the game.

NFL "Hardcore fans" (I know what I mean by this) - will be turned off by it for sure - (see previous posts) - but im all for more exposure and Osi and Jason as a double act works.

They could do with switching it about and making one fully the magazine and comedy show and sticking to limited banter and more highlights in the other at the mo both seem to blur into similar formats.
Old 27.09.2017, 12:46 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
I like it, chemistry is good and Chappers is probably the best "non NFL fan" presenter we have had as you feel he is actually trying to learn about the game.

NFL "Hardcore fans" (I know what I mean by this) - will be turned off by it for sure - (see previous posts) - but im all for more exposure and Osi and Jason as a double act works.

They could do with switching it about and making one fully the magazine and comedy show and sticking to limited banter and more highlights in the other at the mo both seem to blur into similar formats.
The good thing is that these days if you are a hardcore fan you don't need to get your NFL fix from UK media at all if you don't want to, mainstream or otherwise. I'm fine with the BBC show being aimed at people they want to teach about the game or help them get more into it. Just teach them correctly!
Old 28.09.2017, 08:22 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
That's a bit like saying that when Manchester City weren't in the Premier League it would be fine for the presenters on Match of the Day to just talk about Manchester when referring to United, on the grounds that there was only one team in the Premier League who uses Manchester as a name. If someone did they you would think they had no clue what they were talking about.

Just get it right. You're an NFL presenter. If Kansas was right then the American shows would say that. They don't.

I bet Chapman thinks Kansas City are from Kansas.
where are they from then ? I asummed they are from kansas missouri?
Old 28.09.2017, 09:39 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennny View Post
where are they from then ? I asummed they are from kansas missouri?
Kansas City, Missouri.

Confusingly there is a Kansas City, Kansas. The other side of the river Kansas and Missouri rivers. But it's a much smaller city and generally when Americans say Kansas City it's clear which one they are talking about, which is the Missouri one that the team (and all the other KC sports teams) are from.