Race for the #1 Draft Pick 2018 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 02.10.2017, 07:41 PM
Starter

Default Race for the #1 Draft Pick 2018

Well, the Jets seem to have blown it already - another year of McCown purgatory awaits...

0-4: SF (definitely need long term QB)
NYG (ageing franchise QB, may draft long term successor)
LAC (as NYG)
CLE (Kizer was second round pick this year, but will probably roll dice again given a top 5 pick unless he develops very quickly)

1-3: CIN (tempted to move on from Dalton if he/they have another shocker? 50/50 I think)
IND (they suck without Luck, would be a big call to move on from him even with injury concerns)
CHI (just took a QB second overall, he will get a full season at least)

Looks good for the Niners to have the pick of the signal-callers in the draft at this stage.
Old 03.10.2017, 04:26 AM
GOAT

we will just get enough wins to make sure we get a pick outside of the top 7.
Old 03.10.2017, 09:56 AM
All Pro

Thread kind of has two questions -
Race for #1
Too early for me to call who will receive the number one draft pick, but from the teams above, the Browns appear to be the ones who will least improve.

Chargers, Giants and Bengals will not be in the race for the #1 draft pick.

Needing a QB
I think the New York Giants, New York Jets and the Los Angeles Chargers will target a Quarterback.

I wonder if Kirk Cousins will remain in Washington, if he goes elsewhere, San Francisco 49ers may pick him up, Shanahan is a fan of him. Phillip Rivers may possibly move elsewhere too.

I also think this will be the year that Jacksonville Jaguars pick up a Quarterback, unless Bortles drastically improves.
Old 03.10.2017, 04:02 PM
Pro Bowler

I think the race is between the 49ers and the Browns.

49ers could easily be 3-1, three of their games have been very close. Encouraging signs. At some point they will throw CJ Beathard in to see what he can do but regardless expect the first draft pick to be a QB. I would not want them to go with Cousins or Rivers and I am not sure either player will want to come into a franchise that will most likely have a losing season next season.

Browns have been awful performance wise but maybe Myles Garrett gives them a much needed spark.

Looking at their schedules, for the niners 6 possible wins, most likely they will get 2. I will be astonished if they go 0-16 but you never know, the longer the losing streak goes on the more heart the team will lose.

49ers
@Colts (possible W), @Redskins (L), Cowboys (L), @ Eagles (L), Cardinals (Possible W), Giants (Possible W), Seahawks (L), @Bears (Possible W), @Texans (L), Titans (Possible W), Jags (Possible W), @Rams (L).

Browns - think they double their win tally from last season but I think Hue Jackson will pay the price. I guess too early to know what their requirements are but I think unless Kizer has a disasterous first season they will go to improve the D.

Jets (possible W), @Texans (L), Titans (possible W), Vikings (L), @Lions (L), Jags (Possible W), @Bengals (L), @Chargers (L), Packers (L), Ravens (possible W), @Bears (possible W), @Steelers (L)
Old 03.10.2017, 05:28 PM
Rookie

Hooray, finally something the Dolphins have a chance at winning. Yes we have got one win under our belts, but it was thoroughly undeserved and after seeing our performances this season I can't see where the next one will come. So look out Niners and Browns, the Dolphins are in the hunt!
Old 03.10.2017, 06:19 PM
Hall of Fame

The 49ers are playing tough, but as a roster cannot close out games. The Browns like last year played well in week 1, but really look a team for which there is no evident improvement on the field

The Bengals will improve as will the Giants to the 6-7 win mark

The Bears and the Jets will contend for that top pick - even back to back wins cant disguise a bereft roster

As for Miami, they are under achieving at a similar rate to their over achievements of last year. They weren't as good as many advertised at the start of the season, but not as bad as many now claim.

1. Cleveland
2. Jets
3. 49ers
4. Chicago
5. Colts
Old 03.10.2017, 06:34 PM
MVP

Erm, we are well and truly in the race for #1
Old 03.10.2017, 06:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Erm, we are well and truly in the race for #1
Despite their problems on and off the field, I still like the Chargers roster, despite the erraticism of Rivers and Gordon regressing to Rookie Year standards

A problem is the strength of their division, but I still see them getting to 5 wins.
Old 03.10.2017, 07:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Despite their problems on and off the field, I still like the Chargers roster, despite the erraticism of Rivers and Gordon regressing to Rookie Year standards

A problem is the strength of their division, but I still see them getting to 5 wins.
From where!? Have u seen the schedule? I don't see 5 wins
Old 03.10.2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
From where!? Have u seen the schedule? I don't see 5 wins
Jets, Browns, Jags and Bills are definitely winnable. You've got the 0-4 Giants this week and will probably be playing against E.J Manuel in a couple of weeks...