2018 Season - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #151  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:13 PM
AfcBOli27's Avatar
AfcBOli27 AfcBOli27 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 31.08.2013
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
The Giants have traded CB Eli Apple to the Saints for a pot of Gumbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
A 4th next year and a 7th in 2020.
Trading a player from a position where we have depth. Oh wait...

Giants *see the recent Mack and Cooper trades* "hold my beer..."

Expect teams to put up big passing yardage on us till seasons end and score 25 points a game.

Not saying Apple was a game changer, but he was a capable starter showing signs of improvement and at least keeping things out of the realms of embarrassing.
Only CB with proper starting talent left is Jenkins who has been very up and down.

A 4th in 2019 isnt too much help considering the sizable holes on the roster and a 7th in 2020 is basically trade ammo or equivalent to looking for lost jewellery in a desert.

Are we set for trying to out suck the Raiders and Cardinals for a QB (perhaps herbert, who hasnt even declared)?
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:30 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
As twitter is pointing out, he isn't that much older than some College WR's (he's 25 in June). So from that standpoint you are getting a player of the right age. Plus, it's never a given that a rookie WR will come in and have an immediate impact, even if he's a top pick.

In hindsight too it's perhaps says more about the Cowboys current window with Dak on a very team friendly rookie deal. This move surely makes them better in 2018 and 2019 compared to keeping hold of that 1st round pick until next April. The move is aimed at helping Dak, and helping the Cowboys decide if he is the future or not.

Still, it's hard to ignore the fact that the Raiders are trading him for a reason.
fair point about the age but unlike drafting a young 1st round WR on a 4 year rookie deal Cooper is going to cost you $14m+ a year for the next few years and the Cowboys who have drafted well over the last few years do have some guys who are going to need paying as well as there deals run down/expire.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:31 PM
Lonestar1963's Avatar
Lonestar1963 Lonestar1963 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 28.09.2014
Posts: 2,796
Default

The Cowboys WR merry go round is fun, maybe they are trying out everyone in the position until they snag a Dez replacement, or at least the old Dez. It's a costly gamble, but maybe Jerry et Al have seen something no one at Oakland saw! The I would be more concerned about the way the O Line is playing or Cooper ain't gonna get a sniff anyway!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:32 PM
Lonestar1963's Avatar
Lonestar1963 Lonestar1963 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 28.09.2014
Posts: 2,796
Default

David Johnson. What was all the fuss about?
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:40 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Trading a player from a position where we have depth. Oh wait...

Giants *see the recent Mack and Cooper trades* "hold my beer..."

Expect teams to put up big passing yardage on us till seasons end and score 25 points a game.

Not saying Apple was a game changer, but he was a capable starter showing signs of improvement and at least keeping things out of the realms of embarrassing.
Only CB with proper starting talent left is Jenkins who has been very up and down.

A 4th in 2019 isnt too much help considering the sizable holes on the roster and a 7th in 2020 is basically trade ammo or equivalent to looking for lost jewellery in a desert.

Are we set for trying to out suck the Raiders and Cardinals for a QB (perhaps herbert, who hasnt even declared)?
also only due $2.5m in salary next season so its not like he is expensive.after moving on Flowers for nothing to move another 1st round pick on doesn't look good for the franchise but a 4th round pick could get them something.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:40 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
The Giants have traded CB Eli Apple to the Saints for a pot of Gumbo.

just plain stupid, i would get it for something decent but unless he has some magical trades to come this is dumb.



he isnt great but he has something and is the clear number 2.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 23.10.2018, 05:50 PM
DarwinTheAardvark's Avatar
DarwinTheAardvark DarwinTheAardvark is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 13.10.2018
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
David Johnson. What was all the fuss about?
Very good player in a terrible Offense.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 23.10.2018, 06:14 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
fair point about the age but unlike drafting a young 1st round WR on a 4 year rookie deal Cooper is going to cost you $14m+ a year for the next few years and the Cowboys who have drafted well over the last few years do have some guys who are going to need paying as well as there deals run down/expire.
True, but Cooper should be ahead of the curve in terms of production compared to a rookie. For starters he's got 9 games this year that a 2019 rookie wont have. It's a move that certainly suits the short term, and to be honest it's easier to get onboard with for that reason imo because they need to know if Dak is the future or not. Plus those contracts that you allude to start to come into play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
The Cowboys WR merry go round is fun, maybe they are trying out everyone in the position until they snag a Dez replacement, or at least the old Dez. It's a costly gamble, but maybe Jerry et Al have seen something no one at Oakland saw! The I would be more concerned about the way the O Line is playing or Cooper ain't gonna get a sniff anyway!
Sometimes it's a fine line when it comes to offences working and not. I'm not convinced that it will, but it could open up the passing game, which helps the run game, which helps the O line. 2 or 3 plays in the passing game could make all the difference some weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post

Are we set for trying to out suck the Raiders and Cardinals for a QB (perhaps herbert, who hasnt even declared)?
It's certainly looks like you've given up on this season already.

It's also looking more and more certain that the Giants will have their pick of the QB's (if they want one) in next years draft.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 23.10.2018, 06:16 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
The Jets have signed former Tennessee WR Rishard Matthews. Nice and much needed pickup, with our current injury situation.
Short term deal?
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 23.10.2018, 06:19 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
The Jets have signed former Tennessee WR Rishard Matthews. Nice and much needed pickup, with our current injury situation.
Terrelle Pryor reportedly close to 100% healthy, with a number of teams interested...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 04:41 PM.