My predictions

Tottenham Stadium:

Chicago Bears @ LA Rams
Green Bay Packers @ LA Chargers

Wembley Stadium:

Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Houston @ Jags
---------------------------------------------

I am pretty sure Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will insist on two marquee games to introduce his new stadium and I expect the two best games to be there.

Those games at Wembley ain't bad either, especially with two teams that are yet to play in London.

Raiders will be in Mexico and thank God for that.
Bears/Rams aint getting played in the UK.its a match up that NBC will have on SNF if Fox don't protect it.
Old 16.12.2018, 12:09 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Chargers/Packers feels like a Fox "game of the week" or primetime match up so maybe not a game the NFL will move to the early window.
I would agree with this. The thing with the Chargers and road team fans in their stadium is that the takeovers aren't limited to the Packers. The stadium was red for the Chiefs and Niners games this year, orange when the Broncos came, Raiders fans take it over, Eagles fans did the same last year. Quite a few fanbases would do the same. So I don't think this would be a major factor in picking which game it is.

They shouldn't make west coast teams play UK afternoon games anyway in my opinion. 10am local time should be the earliest kickoff, i.e. the same as an eastern time zone road game. Eastern/central teams should be given the afternoon UK time kickoffs.
Old 16.12.2018, 12:17 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed7 View Post
My predictions

Tottenham Stadium:

Chicago Bears @ LA Rams

Wembley Stadium:

Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Houston @ Jags

I am pretty sure Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will insist on two marquee games to introduce his new stadium and I expect the two best games to be there.

Those games at Wembley ain't bad either, especially with two teams that are yet to play in London.

I could see the two you list at Wembley but not the two Tottenham ones.

Given the stadium delays, I don't think Levy is in much of a position to go demanding marquee games. That won't be how it works. Plus if there is an absolute marquee game (and I doubt it) I think they would probably rather have that one in the larger capacity Wembley. Whereas Bucs-Panthers seems better for a smaller stadium. The Panthers are one of the smallest UK fanbases, and the Bucs after a decade of irrelevance aren't a huge draw right now. Safer to have that in the smaller stadium, I reckon.

I can't see Bears-Rams in particular being anything other than SNF or the Game of the Week at 9:25pm.
Old 17.12.2018, 11:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I could see the two you list at Wembley but not the two Tottenham ones.

Given the stadium delays, I don't think Levy is in much of a position to go demanding marquee games. That won't be how it works. Plus if there is an absolute marquee game (and I doubt it) I think they would probably rather have that one in the larger capacity Wembley. Whereas Bucs-Panthers seems better for a smaller stadium. The Panthers are one of the smallest UK fanbases, and the Bucs after a decade of irrelevance aren't a huge draw right now. Safer to have that in the smaller stadium, I reckon.

I can't see Bears-Rams in particular being anything other than SNF or the Game of the Week at 9:25pm.
The NFL will want the big games in the Spurs stadium as it's being seen as the new home of American Football in the UK, furthermore it's designed as an American Football stadium so will have a proper pitch and facilities. Regardless of actual seat numbers, the Spurs stadium looks at least the equal if not superior to Wembley
Old 17.12.2018, 10:05 PM
Pro

A pretty good view of the stadium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccoQANeLQVk

Not sure about the sight lines to those screens though. Screens at opposite end of the field are obscured, although seem well placed to view to the side if you're sat high in the end zone.

Looks like those on the opposite side of the field may be obscured if you're on the top level sideline though and may be obscured to the left and right.

A potential major fail for an 'NFL' stadium.
Old 02.01.2019, 01:47 PM
Pro

Been a while since I've been here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed7 View Post
My predictions

Tottenham Stadium:

Chicago Bears @ LA Rams

Wembley Stadium:

Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Houston @ Jags

I sincearly hope you're right about TB playing in London. That'd give me the chance to FINALLY see them live!
Old 02.01.2019, 01:54 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post

I sincearly hope you're right about TB playing in London. That'd give me the chance to FINALLY see them live!
Well they are one of the five teams that have been announced as giving up a home game to play as the home team in either London or Mexico City, so there's a pretty good chance you'll get your chance.
Old 02.01.2019, 05:53 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Rivers Titan View Post
Well they are one of the five teams that have been announced as giving up a home game to play as the home team in either London or Mexico City, so there's a pretty good chance you'll get your chance.
But it's not yet been stated who will play where! I wouln't be surprised, if the Bucs would give up a home game to play in Mexico! Since it's not that far away from FL!

Does anyone know when it'll be officially announced? (like an official date or something?) Would make things a lot easier if I knew when to watch out for tickets, train rides, etc.
Old 02.01.2019, 07:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
But it's not yet been stated who will play where! I wouln't be surprised, if the Bucs would give up a home game to play in Mexico! Since it's not that far away from FL!

Does anyone know when it'll be officially announced? (like an official date or something?) Would make things a lot easier if I knew when to watch out for tickets, train rides, etc.
Three of the teams are based in California, which is an awful lot closer to Mexica than Florida

I would put money on both Florida teams (Jags & Bucs) being two of the four 'home' teams in London.

As for announcements, last year it was on Jan 11th, but it does seem to have been moved back a little each year that passes. I would definitely expect something before the SuperBowl though as they will want to grab everyone's attention before the season ends.
Old 02.01.2019, 07:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

after letting the Mexican fans down last year and them missing the Rams/Chiefs don't think they would dare send the Bucs there and they will want teams in Mexico who will definetly still be play-off contenders which after week 10 onwards when this game normally gets played you cant guarantee the Bucs will be.