Politics - Page 1666 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 23.07.2019, 08:05 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
also worth nothing professional talking head Jasmin Alibhai-Brown wrote that the moment Boris became PM she would be "leaving" but guessing she will still be spewing her garbage on TV for years too come.
To be fair, the housing market is quite slow since the Brexit vote so it might be that by the time she's sorted that out Boris has already been booted.
Old 24.07.2019, 09:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Brexit now doesn't resemble anything like what was pitched in 2016. People like Lee convince themselves it does, but they keep changing their story every time they are proved wrong rather than admit they got it wrong. Someone went back over Boris Johnson's speeches in the referendum campaign and the phrase or paraphrase 'no deal Brexit' came up precisely zero times. Yet now they all claim this is what Brexit really is and what 17.4m people voted for.

Whereas if you voted Remain, nothing has changed. The story was that you could stay in and keep things as they are; nothing is different now.

We all know the real reason they don't want another vote - they know they'll lose it. It's not about what 'the people' want, it's about what suits them, just like this idea of cancelling parliament is about what suits them when they claim to speak up for democracy and making UK parliament sovereign over Europe. They didn't want UK parliament to be sovereign on voting to trigger Article 50, and they went after British judges in British courts who ruled that the government must put it to parliament. They aren't interested in democracy or British sovereignty, they want to manipulate everything for their own ends. The sad reality for people like Lee is that one day the penny will drop that 'for their own ends' doesn't mean the ends of people like Lee at all, stuck up there in the north-east, it means the ends of those who pull the strings of power. And surprise surprise, public school educated southern right wingers don't care about people in leave voting towns in the North now any more than they ever did - they are just useful tools to try to claim legitimacy using these people as numbers. They've never acted in those people's interests before and they won't now. They'll gladly screw them all over to line their own pockets. But unfortunately these people would rather attack the person telling them these people are snake oil salesmen than attach the snake oil salesmen themselves.
Nicely put as always Bob. Are you sure you can't be persuaded to take your views over to UKNFLFAN or whatever it's called?

Another shame about this site going down is they'll be no opportunity for the eventual winner of this Brexit debate to say 'I told you so'. I'd actually love it to be Lee TBH. Somehow it all just works out and everyone can just get back to normal life. No one loses their house or job over these w*****s playing their political games. Part of me does wonder if maybe, just maybe, Boris can pull it off but it all looks so ******* bleak. The EU choosing yesterday to reiterate their immovable position on the withdrawal agreement, particularly the Backstop, Priti ******* Patel in line for a senior cabinet post, Farage offering a Brexit Party/Tory Pact with a completely straight face, that horribly vague tub thumping ra ra by Boris yesterday, IDS STILL talking about GATT 24 like it's the Holy Grail?

For F U C K S sake?!?!?

Last edited by LesterHayes; 24.07.2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 24.07.2019, 01:34 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Nicely put as always Bob. Are you sure you can't be persuaded to take your views over to UKNFLFAN or whatever it's called?

Another shame about this site going down is they'll be no opportunity for the eventual winner of this Brexit debate to say 'I told you so'. I'd actually love it to be Lee TBH. Somehow it all just works out and everyone can just get back to normal life. No one loses their house or job over these w*****s playing their political games. Part of me does wonder if maybe, just maybe, Boris can pull it off but it all looks so ******* bleak. The EU choosing yesterday to reiterate their immovable position on the withdrawal agreement, particularly the Backstop, Priti ******* Patel in line for a senior cabinet post, Farage offering a Brexit Party/Tory Pact with a completely straight face, that horribly vague tub thumping ra ra by Boris yesterday, IDS STILL talking about GATT 24 like it's the Holy Grail?

For F U C K S sake?!?!?

if it happens, hopefully it does turn out well but its just hard to see how at this moment.

its just further confirmation about how most of those in the running were willing to lie to get elected and the one guy telling them that hard truth was called negative.

i guess the hope with Boris is that maybe he has the juice as a Leaver to convince others the only way to get the Brexit they want is a second vote. at this point his options are Mays deal that didnt pass or no deal which hasnt passed when they have tried it and the House seems firmly against.

so compromise seems the best way forward.
Old 24.07.2019, 02:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
if it happens, hopefully it does turn out well but its just hard to see how at this moment.

its just further confirmation about how most of those in the running were willing to lie to get elected and the one guy telling them that hard truth was called negative.

i guess the hope with Boris is that maybe he has the juice as a Leaver to convince others the only way to get the Brexit they want is a second vote. at this point his options are Mays deal that didnt pass or no deal which hasnt passed when they have tried it and the House seems firmly against.

so compromise seems the best way forward.
While I’d like you to be right, I think the zealots will just turn on Boris instead rather than admit the realities he will shortly have no choice but to face. As with religion, no matter how much you believe in it there will always be others saying they believe in it better and you’re doing it all wrong. And Brexit is like a religion - blind faith in the face of logic.
Old 24.07.2019, 02:45 PM
MVP

Quote:

For F U C K S sake?!?!?
Thanks Lester. I’ll think about it re other forum. Agree it’s a shame we will never be able to say who won this on here or even refer to the posts especially from 2016. Are you on the other forum? All the best.
Old 24.07.2019, 03:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Thanks Lester. I’ll think about it re other forum. Agree it’s a shame we will never be able to say who won this on here or even refer to the posts especially from 2016. Are you on the other forum? All the best.
I am. Nice people but it's not the same.

Boris has just done his speech to the country and all I can think of is "oh sh*t".

It was terrible. If positivism was all that was required then this whole Brexit business would be a breeze. Unfortunately mate, it's not. Frankly he sounded like a t w a t.
Old 24.07.2019, 03:11 PM
GOAT

Quote:
While I’d like you to be right, I think the zealots will just turn on Boris instead rather than admit the realities he will shortly have no choice but to face. As with religion, no matter how much you believe in it there will always be others saying they believe in it better and you’re doing it all wrong. And Brexit is like a religion - blind faith in the face of logic.

true, although my head still says no one actually believes in it near the top, it was used for political gain and self profit.

they then got people to vote based on fear, hope of money going to key places and more jobs.

the EU was for years some to just lie about and blame for any issue, they are still using that tool with the Kippers recently. also the narrative that they were crazy on things like bananas. hell i bet theres a bunch of people that believe wonky veg being on sale is due to Brexit.

but something has to give at some stage, if they truly want the No Deal then the second vote compromise is the most likely route, that or trying to shut down the House which would be the move of a dictator.

i believe at this moment if push came to shove in October the House would vote to revoke rather than Leave without a deal.

but it would be close, so all it would take is a few promises in the right ears and it could swing the other way given the type of people we're dealing with.
Old 24.07.2019, 05:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

For F U C K S sake?!?!?
you forgot that Boris has also brought in Dominic Cummins as a special adviser,he previously helped run Vote Leave.

Last edited by lee harris 10; 24.07.2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 24.07.2019, 06:38 PM
Hall of Fame

who knew Mueller time was going to be this good.......
Old 24.07.2019, 10:13 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
who knew Mueller time was going to be this good.......

so now you want to impeach Trump