Politics - Page 1667 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 24.07.2019, 10:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
true, although my head still says no one actually believes in it near the top, it was used for political gain and self profit.

they then got people to vote based on fear, hope of money going to key places and more jobs.

the EU was for years some to just lie about and blame for any issue, they are still using that tool with the Kippers recently. also the narrative that they were crazy on things like bananas. hell i bet theres a bunch of people that believe wonky veg being on sale is due to Brexit.

but something has to give at some stage, if they truly want the No Deal then the second vote compromise is the most likely route, that or trying to shut down the House which would be the move of a dictator.

i believe at this moment if push came to shove in October the House would vote to revoke rather than Leave without a deal.

but it would be close, so all it would take is a few promises in the right ears and it could swing the other way given the type of people we're dealing with.
There was certainly no unity was there? Basically saying if you don’t buy into Brexit then you’re betting against Britain. Dog whistle nationalism, right there. Agree with me or you’re an enemy of the country, basically. This is worse than when May called people like me a citizen of nowhere and people like my missus (and yours) a queue jumper. The reason we are fighting this **** show is that we want what’s best for Britain and Brexit ain’t it.

The speech also told me where he’s going with this and it’s exactly where I always thought the UK government would do with this since 2016, only it took longer and there’s someone else in charge. Today he made clear where blame will be shifted. First of all, he knows what the EU have said, because they’ve been saying it loud and clear for some time. He’s not saying we will remove the backstop or reopen talks on withdrawal agreements because he thinks the EU will, he’s saying it because he knows they won’t and he can then try to paint them as the baddies and say no deal isn’t his choice but he really has no alternative, so blame them if it goes wrong. And then it will also be the fault of people like us. We have been betting against Britain, apparently, and so you can be sure that if it goes badly it will be the fault of people like me because we didn’t believe in it. As if belief is in any way relevant. It’s our fault, the pe9ple who didn’t want it and warned against it, not theirs the people who wanted it and lied to voters and ignored the warnings.

Looking at that cabinet, this is the least optimistic I have felt about our country in my lifetime. Priti Patel is outright dangerous, while Raab is a moron. The chancellor should be competent at least but the ERG is well and truly in government. You’d think the positive is they won’t be able to blame others and will face up to responsibility now, buT see above - they’ll still find someone else to blame.
Old 25.07.2019, 05:13 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
There was certainly no unity was there? Basically saying if you don’t buy into Brexit then you’re betting against Britain. Dog whistle nationalism, right there. Agree with me or you’re an enemy of the country, basically. This is worse than when May called people like me a citizen of nowhere and people like my missus (and yours) a queue jumper. The reason we are fighting this **** show is that we want what’s best for Britain and Brexit ain’t it.

The speech also told me where he’s going with this and it’s exactly where I always thought the UK government would do with this since 2016, only it took longer and there’s someone else in charge. Today he made clear where blame will be shifted. First of all, he knows what the EU have said, because they’ve been saying it loud and clear for some time. He’s not saying we will remove the backstop or reopen talks on withdrawal agreements because he thinks the EU will, he’s saying it because he knows they won’t and he can then try to paint them as the baddies and say no deal isn’t his choice but he really has no alternative, so blame them if it goes wrong. And then it will also be the fault of people like us. We have been betting against Britain, apparently, and so you can be sure that if it goes badly it will be the fault of people like me because we didn’t believe in it. As if belief is in any way relevant. It’s our fault, the pe9ple who didn’t want it and warned against it, not theirs the people who wanted it and lied to voters and ignored the warnings.

Looking at that cabinet, this is the least optimistic I have felt about our country in my lifetime. Priti Patel is outright dangerous, while Raab is a moron. The chancellor should be competent at least but the ERG is well and truly in government. You’d think the positive is they won’t be able to blame others and will face up to responsibility now, buT see above - they’ll still find someone else to blame.

its the same sort of nonsense bluster they have been pumping out for a while.

its the state of play, despite there being no logic to back up naysayers having any impact on Brexit (even they didnt want Mays deal) they will play that card.

i agree the cabinet looks like a joke.

but when it all breaks down the House is still a mess.