Randy Thomas - triceps AGAIN - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 21.09.2009, 07:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Randy Thomas - triceps AGAIN

Randy Thomas has torn his right triceps clean off the bone and is done for the season, surgery scheduled for next few days

Being an offensive lineman myself and owning a Randy Thomas home authentic (bet there aren't many of those around....) I am gutted by this news. The triceps is a key muscle for offensive linemen and at 33 after having 2 detached triceps you have to wonder if Randy is done.

From a wider perspective this is a BIG loss for us and calls into question the off-season policy around the guys up front.
Old 22.09.2009, 08:53 AM
All Pro

Accoring to Redskins Insider Jason Reid, Chan Rinehart will get the start at RG v Detroit.
Old 22.09.2009, 11:57 AM
All Pro

Reading some of the comments from Zorn it sounds like he has faith with Rinehart, and bearnign in mind Chad saw some decent time with the starters in pre-season because Randy was being rested alot.

I imagine they go with Rinehart at RG, which is the position they seemed to be hoping he would eventually take from Thomas anyway, and leave Montgomery as a backup because of his versitility.

As to the first point Spartan, I certainly thought when I first heard it was a triceps injury that if it was the same arm as last year that could be it for him, but as its the other arm I'm now even more sure this might be the end for Thomas. The injuries are piling up, and with his neck last year, torn left triceps in the past, torn right triceps now, and a guy who is 33 ... shame after he worked so hard this offseason.
Old 23.09.2009, 06:52 AM
All Pro

Randy Thomas has been a Redskins stalwart for years. One of he 'core redskins' Joe Gibbs always seem to elude to. I'm beginning to feel his time is done now though with the major injuries he has picked up over the last few years. Its time to look to the future, which is hopefully 3rd Round Draft pick of 2008 Chad Rinehart.
Old 23.09.2009, 08:03 PM
All Pro

Rnehart now has his chance and has to take it, Thomas very likely won't be back now, he's expensive and can't be relied on, having had this injury twice in three seasons now.
Old 23.09.2009, 09:48 PM
All Pro

Did I read right, that he has a contract through to 2013?