Worried about the Cowboys? Don't make me laugh! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 13.10.2014, 10:53 AM
Team Captain

Default Worried about the Cowboys? Don't make me laugh!

How much crow can one person eat in the space of 5 games?

I thought this season was going to be worse than last years with a predicted 6 or 7 wins at best.
After the loss against the 49ers I thought "Here we go again, same old Romo"
I thought with injuries to the defense we wouldn't be able to stop teams scoring on us willy-nilly.
I was beginning to wonder how long it would be before another Cowboys team could make me feel proud again.

The answer was 5 games, culminating in crushing Seattle in their own back yard.
Without the mistakes this game's not even close, we outplayed and outfought them in every department.

More of the same please Dallas, I'll keep eating crow with a beaming smile on my face!
Old 13.10.2014, 12:24 PM
Hall of Fame

You weren't alone!

1 - 5 was my honest opinion of where we would be after this game.

I'm still keeping my feet on the ground though. Doug Free's injury scare at the end of the game was an untimely reminder of how lucky we've been on offence with injuries this year. Keeping that O line healthy is almost the be all and end all.

With 3 home games and the Jags to come before the bye 8 - 2 isn't unrealistic, but the back of the schedule isn't very nice, and by then Murray will have almost 300 carries. When the weather closes in Murray (and his hopefully fixed fumbling issues) will be even more important.

Take each game as it comes, enjoy the wins and the performances, but I'm not counting any chickens until all 16 games are in the book.
Old 13.10.2014, 02:44 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
You weren't alone!

1 - 5 was my honest opinion of where we would be after this game.

I'm still keeping my feet on the ground though. Doug Free's injury scare at the end of the game was an untimely reminder of how lucky we've been on offence with injuries this year. Keeping that O line healthy is almost the be all and end all.

With 3 home games and the Jags to come before the bye 8 - 2 isn't unrealistic, but the back of the schedule isn't very nice, and by then Murray will have almost 300 carries. When the weather closes in Murray (and his hopefully fixed fumbling issues) will be even more important.

Take each game as it comes, enjoy the wins and the performances, but I'm not counting any chickens until all 16 games are in the book.
You're right of course, feet need to be firmly planted on the ground. To be honest, I'm still buzzing from beating Seattle and now cannot wait to face up to the Giants. It is like watching the Cowboys of the 90's with the O-line and Murray combining to ram the ball down the oppositions throats. Then you have Dez, Terence (what a catch) and Witten catching passes from Romo, and then I will get to see it for myself from Club Seats at Wembley on November 9th - heaven!
Old 13.10.2014, 07:57 PM
All Pro

I,ve started to think about something i shoudnt already..........
Old 15.10.2014, 04:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Ok, so the dust has settled on the Cowboys win over the Seahawks. Everyone should have come back down to earth by now right?

So, what are people's thoughts on the next 4 games?

GIANTS,
REDSKINS,
CARDINALS,
Jags (in London).

Do people have enough belief to think we should/will win all 4 games?

Personally, I think 8 - 2, 3 wins, 1 loss. Our recent division record is pretty good, but I always fear we'll manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against our divisional foes.

Even if we go 2 - 2, 7 - 3, I have much more faith in this team finding a couple of wins after the bye than I did beforehand.

The Giants are missing their RB1 and WR1. The Redskins are missing RGIII. The Cards have been banged up (but might be healthy in 3 weeks), and the Jags can't seem to find a win. It all seems set up for us to win all 4...........but that's what worries me. When some things are too good to be true................

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 15.10.2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 16.10.2014, 10:35 AM
Team Captain

i would still be slightly worried about the giants. the defence really started to play good together in the second half against the eagles. also the cards have been playing well regardless of whether they have injuries or not. i'm still hopeful that we will go 3-1 in the next 4.
Old 20.10.2014, 02:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Well, the juggernaut keeps on rollin!

Same formula as always:

Run the ball (35 running plays to 23 passing)
Control the clock (34mins, not great but just enough)
Convert on 3rd downs (64%, almost double the Giants efficiency)
Create defensive turnovers (just the 2 forced fumbles, but better than nothing)

6 penalties for 46 yards took the gloss off things a little, and giving up 2 sacks didn't help. Tyron Smith struggled with JPP on occasion.

We survived though, 'skins up next....................................
Old 20.10.2014, 02:52 PM
Team Captain

Good to see us get our first divisional win, on paper we should steam roll the Redskins next week but you know they will up their game because they're playing us. If we stick to the tried and trusted game plan we'll be on our way to a 7-1 record.

I hope we get to see Demarcus Lawrence soon as we have zero pass rush threat at the moment. The defense has played above and beyond the level we thought they would and to add a (hopefully) quality pass rusher will be good.

Keep the new found faith everyone!
Old 20.10.2014, 03:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaher View Post
Good to see us get our first divisional win, on paper we should steam roll the Redskins next week but you know they will up their game because they're playing us. If we stick to the tried and trusted game plan we'll be on our way to a 7-1 record.

I hope we get to see Demarcus Lawrence soon
as we have zero pass rush threat at the moment. The defense has played above and beyond the level we thought they would and to add a (hopefully) quality pass rusher will be good.

Keep the new found faith everyone!
I think he is eligible to return against Arizona, wk 9. I'm just glad he'll be available for the games after the bye, hopefully he'll be up to speed by then. Can't expect too much from him though, Anthony Barr, the no.9 pick in the draft, and Aaron Donald no.13, lead all rookies for sacks with 2 in 7 games I think. You're right though, he'll be a welcome addition regardless of the numbers he puts up.
Old 21.10.2014, 09:21 AM
Team Captain

Agreed, I wouldn't expect him to make an immediate impact but the sooner he gets game time the better. I keep looking at those final 6 games of the season and I'm thinking we need to put more pressure on opposing QB's, especially someone like Andrew Luck.