2015 Play-offs. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 29.12.2014, 02:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Thumbs up 2015 Play-offs.

So the play-off seeding is set.

The road to Superbowl XLIX goes through Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle (most likely), and ends in Glendale, Arizona.

Apart from getting a 1st round bye I don't think we could have asked for anything else. If Rodgers had been ruled out with his calf injury, then Green Bay at home and Detroit on the road would have been the perfect scenario, but that isn't the case.

So step 1 is beat Matthew Stafford and the Lions. A mean defence against our steam roller of an offence, should be quite a contest. We should keep a close eye on what the NFL do with Ndamukong Suh in light of his 'stamp' on Aaron Rodgers too. It goes without saying that a 1 game ban for Suh can only be seen as a plus for the Cowboys.

The offence didn't miss a beat against the Redskins, apart from Romo's late issues when the game was already over, and he should have long since been holding a clipboard. The Lions offence, whilst dysfunctional at times, can still put up points, so we'll be looking for another 30+ point outing to win the game.
Old 03.01.2015, 08:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Step 1 is almost upon us.

The closer the first game gets, the less I'm worrying about their pass rush, and the more i'm worry about them stuffing the ru.....................actually, no I'm not. If the Lions stop DeMarco, it's going to take at least 7 defenders in the box to do it, which should leave ample room for Dez, TW, Beasley and Witten to win us the game (obviously with help from Romo).

If our defence can help to cause, or take advantage of, a couple of Stafford mistakes, then our offence should put up too many points for the Lions to keep up. The Lions D has been good, but what's the best O line they have faced? The Jets? The Pats? The Cards? None of those have been as vaunted as our line has been this year. If the Lions had mauled a line like the Eagles, or even the Browns, I might be more worried, but they haven't.
Old 05.01.2015, 02:23 PM
Team Captain

Default What a rollercoaster game!

It couldn't have started much worse against the Lions but I'm loving the sheer grit this team has. We can talk all day about the PI call being waivered but what a great comeback by the Cowboys never the less. On to Green Bay and Lambeau Field, let's hope we can stretch that away record to 9 - 0!
Old 06.01.2015, 06:35 PM
Hall of Fame

A complete rollercoaster, but step 1 is in the bag!

The offence didn't really get going all game long, but thankfully 24 points was enough to get the job done. Didn't think Romo had the best of games, despite the stats (19/31 293 2 TD's). The Lions blitzed big several times and Romo didn't respond in the best of ways. He did lead the drives we needed to win though, and he hit several big throws, so maybe criticism is a little harsh.

The defence though (backed by an enthusiastic crowd) look to really have a belief about themselves. DeMarcus Lawrence hadn't shown a great deal, but he appears to be turning the corner, literally.

So on to the Packers, Rodgers, and Lambeau. We've dealt with a top quality defence, now can we deal with a top quality offence?
Old 10.01.2015, 11:43 AM
All Pro

Yeah glimpse of the bad Romo at times-major panic attacks at times, running around like a headless chicken instead of throwing it away bit of pressure off this week i think and he wont have Suh coming to knock his block off!
Old 10.01.2015, 11:45 AM
All Pro

Oh and DeMan to run 150 yards
Old 10.01.2015, 02:48 PM
Team Captain

Buzzing for tomorrows game. Hopefully we can pressure Rodgers, and our O line gives Romo more protection than last week.
Old 12.01.2015, 07:53 AM
Hall of Fame

The end of the road. A shame it ended the way it did.

That said, who would have thought at the start of the season we'd be sat here feeling disappointed that Aaron Rodgers and the Packers beat us by 5 points, at Lambeau, in the Divisional round of the play offs?!

We (imo) were closer to 4 - 12 at the start of the year than we were 12 - 4. We now know we can win with Garrett; our offence can score on anyone if we keep the pieces together, and for one reason and another the defence wasn't as bad as we feared.
Old 12.01.2015, 09:12 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
The end of the road. A shame it ended the way it did.

That said, who would have thought at the start of the season we'd be sat here feeling disappointed that Aaron Rodgers and the Packers beat us by 5 points, at Lambeau, in the Divisional round of the play offs?!

We (imo) were closer to 4 - 12 at the start of the year than we were 12 - 4. We now know we can win with Garrett; our offence can score on anyone if we keep the pieces together, and for one reason and another the defence wasn't as bad as we feared.
It was gutting to see that Dez catch overturned, such is the fine line between winning and losing sometimes.

However, this team showed it was up for the fight and didn't get blown away by the Packers as many people predicted. This O-line is here to stay and if we build up that D-line and improve the pass rush it will take us another step up the ladder. Also look at improving the secondary if we can, we're still susceptible to leaking yards so maybe we can grab something in the draft or free agency to upgrade.

Proud of my Cowboys and lets hope it will be onwards and upwards next season.
Old 12.01.2015, 09:29 AM
Team Captain

Gutted last night(do not know enough to comment on the overturned catch)
but woke this morning and can only have positives from what has been an exciting first season following the cowboys. The highlight seeing Dez live at wembley bulldozing through the jags defence. Please tell me every season is like this

From my limited experience I take it the draft will be heavily focused on the D and the main bits of business in the off season will be tying down Dez and Garrett to contracts.