The NFL Show on BBC - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.09.2017, 12:54 PM
MiamiYeltz MiamiYeltz is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 08.09.2014
Posts: 57
Default The NFL Show on BBC

Shame it's only 30 minutes long. Excellent chemistry between the presenters with good analysis, too.

I find the show more watchable than Sky's match day coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11.09.2017, 09:03 PM
Darrenwatson's Avatar
Darrenwatson Darrenwatson is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 29.06.2015
Posts: 17
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiYeltz View Post
Shame it's only 30 minutes long. Excellent chemistry between the presenters with good analysis, too.

I find the show more watchable than Sky's match day coverage.
Yep it's an excellent program, so glad the BBC brought it back.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.09.2017, 10:01 PM
Pedal Bin's Avatar
Pedal Bin Pedal Bin is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 30.10.2005
Posts: 7,935
Default

Nope. Don't like it. Don't like the presenters.

Didn't like it last year, tried it again at the start of this season. Got bored and turned it off.

Still seems to be growing the game on free to air TV which is a good thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11.09.2017, 11:40 PM
Ourbovinepublic Ourbovinepublic is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 18.07.2017
Posts: 16
Default

Is that the Nat Coombs one? I like it. He also does a radio show on talk sport 2 on tuesday nights which is available as a podcast the next day. Mike Carlson is usually on it as well along with a lot of different guests
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11.09.2017, 11:48 PM
shelts_Cowboys's Avatar
shelts_Cowboys shelts_Cowboys is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 17.10.2016
Posts: 51
Default

Think it's Mark Chapman not Nat Coombs
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12.09.2017, 11:02 PM
BradshawSteeler's Avatar
BradshawSteeler BradshawSteeler is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 20.10.2009
Posts: 941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Nope. Don't like it. Don't like the presenters.

Didn't like it last year, tried it again at the start of this season. Got bored and turned it off.

Still seems to be growing the game on free to air TV which is a good thing.
Chapman, Osi and Jason Bell work well together. Most NFL fans I speak to like the show. Maybe they should get your darling friend the most boring plank charismatically challenged Neil Reynolds to host. That would soon turn viewers off.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19.09.2017, 10:23 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Someone should tell Mark Chapman that you can't refer to Kansas City as 'Kansas'. They are two different things. And of course Kansas City is not even in the state of Kansas. If you say Kansas in football you're talking about these guys:

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19.09.2017, 10:40 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Someone should tell Mark Chapman that you can't refer to Kansas City as 'Kansas'. They are two different things. And of course Kansas City is not even in the state of Kansas. If you say Kansas in football you're talking about these guys:

true but people shorten things all the time and in the NFL there is only one side he would be talking about

then again theres only one team where you shouldnt just use the nickname if you want to go short (and thats because it should be avoided in all cases.)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20.09.2017, 07:58 AM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
true but people shorten things all the time and in the NFL there is only one side he would be talking about

then again theres only one team where you shouldnt just use the nickname if you want to go short (and thats because it should be avoided in all cases.)
You will never hear Americans shorten it to Kansas, ever. Including Jason and Osi. New York City to New York - fine. Kansas City to Kansas - not fine. KC is your short version. Much like nobody would ever shorten Los Angeles to "Los" or "Angeles" - it's LA. Or you wouldn't shorter New York to "York". Ultimately it's just an indicator of someone who doesn't know much about the sport or country they are talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21.09.2017, 12:04 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
You will never hear Americans shorten it to Kansas, ever. Including Jason and Osi. New York City to New York - fine. Kansas City to Kansas - not fine. KC is your short version. Much like nobody would ever shorten Los Angeles to "Los" or "Angeles" - it's LA. Or you wouldn't shorter New York to "York". Ultimately it's just an indicator of someone who doesn't know much about the sport or country they are talking about.

not saying its right

although i now hope he does call LA Los lets see how The got on

i suppose when talking about The The, you would never drop one of the Thes
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:42 AM.