The uniforms thread - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 12.12.2017, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Dolphins throwbacks - best uniform in the NFL right now

The campaign to bring them back full time continues......
Yeah agreed they are frickin' awesome. Last night the team and the field looked great.

In some ways I'm kinda glad they don't wear them all the time though. This way it makes it feel more special when they do wear them. Wouldn't be the same if they were just the regular everyday jerseys if you ask me.
Old 16.12.2017, 10:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Yeah agreed they are frickin' awesome. Last night the team and the field looked great.

In some ways I'm kinda glad they don't wear them all the time though. This way it makes it feel more special when they do wear them. Wouldn't be the same if they were just the regular everyday jerseys if you ask me.
I know what you mean, bring them out for under the lights etc, but I'd love to see the Dolphins look the business every game rather than the anaemic uniform we have now.

September afternoons in old Joe Robbie wearing these...? Definitely

Old 16.12.2017, 02:34 PM
MVP

I don't dislike the new Dolphins uniforms that much... I mean they are still aqua and white and they haven't messed around with them as much as some other teams, but I did love these old school ones and would be cool to see them back. In any event I think they should stick to keeping the aqua for night games. I was surprised they've always gone aqua in London, even for daylight games including this year. I initially thought that maybe it was some kind of NFL requirement, maybe for marketing reasons since they only really sell the colour jerseys here (I see more Cowboys fans at London games wearing those rarely used navy jerseys than the white ones). But that cannot be true since this year at Twickenham both the Rams and Browns wore white at "home".
Old 18.12.2017, 10:56 PM
MVP

Week 16 uniforms here

Precious little to say this week. The Cardinals are wearing their black alternate jerseys, everything else is fairly standard.

One thing that strikes me looking at this week's choices: why don't they have pants clashes requiring a colour change? This week the Chargers are wearing white pants at the Jets, who always wear white too. Navy pants for the Rams at Tennessee who are doing likewise. The Chargers and Rams could quite easily have switched to their other colours (perhaps more regular colours) for pants to avoid the clash.

You do get these games where there is way too much white. Colts-Jets is one - two lots of white helmets, two lots of white pants and 1 white jersey.
Old 27.12.2017, 05:05 PM
MVP

Week 17 uniforms here:

Interestingly in week 16 the Ravens went black jerseys against the Colts rather than the initially slated purple. Which makes it the 3rd time they did so this season (Steelers and Texans games too). I thought you could only wear your alternates twice.

As for week 17, it's a throwback contest in Miami as the Dolphins wear the throwback aquas and the Bills don their white alternates, both using the throwback decals on the helmets. Looks pretty cool. It is unusual for the Dolphins to wear aqua at home in Miami during daylight, but the moving back of kickoff to 4:25pm means probably half the game will be played under the floodlights anyway.

The Rams are wearing their throwback blue and yellows against the 49ers
Old 28.12.2017, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I don't dislike the new Dolphins uniforms that much... I mean they are still aqua and white and they haven't messed around with them as much as some other teams, but I did love these old school ones and would be cool to see them back. In any event I think they should stick to keeping the aqua for night games. I was surprised they've always gone aqua in London, even for daylight games including this year. I initially thought that maybe it was some kind of NFL requirement, maybe for marketing reasons since they only really sell the colour jerseys here (I see more Cowboys fans at London games wearing those rarely used navy jerseys than the white ones). But that cannot be true since this year at Twickenham both the Rams and Browns wore white at "home".
Agree about the current Dolphins uniforms. They haven't tinkered too much so they are still unmistakably the Dolphins. And there is nothing too 'out there' about them, so they won't date quickly. They are just pretty standard and unoffensive really.

I think technically the aqua uniform is the home uniform hence why they wear them in London. It's just the London games and night games are cooler, which is why they wear them for those. They wear white at home in the warm weather daytime games.

In the last couple of seasons they have started occasionally wearing Aqua in daytime games in December (I guess also because it is cooler than earlier in the season). Aqua in daytime games had been unheard of in the past apart from London though.
Old 28.12.2017, 08:22 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Agree about the current Dolphins uniforms. They haven't tinkered too much so they are still unmistakably the Dolphins. And there is nothing too 'out there' about them, so they won't date quickly. They are just pretty standard and unoffensive really.

I think technically the aqua uniform is the home uniform hence why they wear them in London. It's just the London games and night games are cooler, which is why they wear them for those. They wear white at home in the warm weather daytime games.

In the last couple of seasons they have started occasionally wearing Aqua in daytime games in December (I guess also because it is cooler than earlier in the season). Aqua in daytime games had been unheard of in the past apart from London though.
I think technically all teams' colour uniforms are their 'home' ones. I noticed on the SNF intros all the Dallas players are wearing navy, not white.
Old 02.01.2018, 10:42 PM
MVP

Wildcard round uniforms here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/...omment=2828537

Pretty standard fare, Rams white at home as per usual.

Did wonder whether the Saints might go white at home to force the Panthers to wear their dark jerseys. The Panthers have had a bit of a thing in recent years about 'lucky' white playoff jerseys, opting to wear them at home as well, but the Broncos picked white for the Super Bowl and forced the Panthers to wear black... and they lost.
Old 03.01.2018, 06:40 PM
MVP

Not a huge fan of uniforms where the teams are head to toe in the one colour. I like a bit of contrast. When the Ravens go black/black it looks not bad but I much prefer the purple/black combination.

For me, I would have liked to see the Rams in the blue/yellow and the Saints to wear gold pants with their black jerseys.
Old 03.01.2018, 11:36 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
Not a huge fan of uniforms where the teams are head to toe in the one colour. I like a bit of contrast. When the Ravens go black/black it looks not bad but I much prefer the purple/black combination.

For me, I would have liked to see the Rams in the blue/yellow and the Saints to wear gold pants with their black jerseys.
I hate the Ravens' black uniforms... too many teams seem to have these extra back jerseys, it's just a bit samey. The Falcons are the only ones I give a pass to, but Ravens, Eagles, Cardinals, Jags (even though it's currently their first choice it shouldn't be). Even the Panthers I like them much better in either the electric blue or the white. Seems especially weird for the Ravens to have a black uniform in a division where 2 rivals already play in black. The purple is a lot more unique - only team in the AFC, one of two in the whole league.

Purple on white, and white on black are the best Ravens uniform combos in my opinion.

I do agree about the head to toe in one colour thing, for the most part. White on white is fine. The Seahawks all-navy I don't mind. But I hate the Saints in black-on-black, they should always wear the gold pants with the black jerseys. Dolphins all-aqua is too much.... there are quite a few actually.

Last edited by European Bob; 03.01.2018 at 11:39 PM.