NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 23.09.2017, 11:11 AM
All Pro

Default The Presidents opinion

http://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/41371179
Old 23.09.2017, 11:32 AM
All Pro

It's a free country, he is entitled to his opinion. I don't personally agree but as with the whole anthem issue, I think the vitriol on both sides is ridiculous.
Old 23.09.2017, 01:10 PM
All Pro

I really really don't understand America.

This is a president, who is literally contradicting the first amendment.

What a bizarre place
Old 23.09.2017, 02:33 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
I really really don't understand America.

This is a president, who is literally contradicting the first amendment.

What a bizarre place
i mean he is a guy that got elected after saying it commits sexual assault on tape, asked a crowed of supporters to punch people, failed to condemn N A Z I S, recently while addressing the UN called another dangerous world leader Rocket Man and seems to have no clue about anything he says or does.

its funny just to look back at Bush and think how impossible it was gonna be so someone to get under his low bar and this fella has come in and blown the Grand Canyon under it.
Old 23.09.2017, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'd like to see every player in the league kneel for the anthem on sunday to see his response - He seems to have a problem with the freedom of expression.
Old 23.09.2017, 03:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I'd like to see every player in the league kneel for the anthem on sunday to see his response - He seems to have a problem with the freedom of expression.
They'd all soon jump up again when Laura Wright hits her final 'Queeeeeeennnn!' screech.

Oh, you meant the American anthem.
Old 23.09.2017, 04:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
But equally could those criticising him for his comments have an issue with freedom of expression? He is entitled to his views surely?
Old 23.09.2017, 04:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
But equally could those criticising him for his comments have an issue with freedom of expression? He is entitled to his views surely?
I reckon most, if not all of us, think that the players who are kneeling or sitting during their anthem have every right to do so, and anyone, including old Weetabix head, have the right to voice their opinion on the player's actions. If reports are accurate, Trump is calling for owners to discipline players who partake in any anthem-related kneeling... surely no-one is saying he doesn't have the right to voice that view though. The problem surely is that this week, his views on many matters, some involving rogue nuclear nations, are, erm, somewhat worrying?
Old 23.09.2017, 05:21 PM
Hall of Fame

ok,haven't read all Trumps comments but the point about watching a game last week and seeing a player get a 15 yard flag for a perfect tackle was probably the Buster Skrine one against the Raiders which was a ridiculous call.

on the ratings dip have fans not complained even on here about how rule changes and the amount of flags have turned fans away because of how if affects the product.

the anthem protest comments has created a situation where this weekend there could be way more protest/exposure of players kneeling but does the average fan who attends a game and takes his hat of and stands to "please rise in honor of those who serve our nation and those who made the ultimate sacrifice"

also funny to see Richard Sherman commenting on twitter about Trumps "divisive rhetoric",maybe Trump should remind us how Sherman described a fellow NFL player Michael Crabtree on national tv a few years ago.

in the end guess this storm appeals to the Trump base in the states who voted for him and will have those who hate him just hating him just a little bit more.
Old 23.09.2017, 05:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
He is entitled to his views. Just like those players are entitled to kneel for the anthem. That's what he seemingly doesn't understand