NBA Thread - Page 183 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 11.01.2010, 12:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Sheep View Post
But the beauty of the 2010 FA class is that there's depth and quality. I admit you're unlikely to land a Wade or LBJ, but there's plenty of non-superstar talent as well. I think the Wiz should look to deal Jamison and Butler for some young talent/draft picks and tank the season, get a good number for the lottery (John Wall anyone? daaaaamn) and rebuild properly. Arenas' deal was dodgy enough even prior to the injuries, they're dodging a bullet if they can get out of it that easily.
Agreed on the Arenas contract though he could have been a beast at SG with
a genuine PG alongside him, The general thought at the moment is that we will
ship out one of Jamison or Butler depending on who we can get the best value for,
As for Wall he looks nailed to be the number 1 pick but the way things are going this
season the Nets look like they will have quite a high percentage chance at getting
the first pick.
Old 11.01.2010, 04:39 PM
All Pro

wow.. has been a while since i last followed much nba, but getting back into it slowly again!
Old 12.01.2010, 01:09 AM
All Pro

i havent watched one game this season, ive only been up to date with the scores etc. When the nfl season is over I hope to get back into it.
Old 13.01.2010, 09:01 PM
All Pro

Number 1 overall pick Blake Griffin is to undergo knee surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/bre...ews100113.html
Old 13.01.2010, 09:03 PM
Pro Bowler

I've been getting back into basketball over the last few months after not watching basketball for atleast 2 years. So i'm going to start a fresh and support a new team, so now I support team that has the most players I know
Old 13.01.2010, 10:09 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Levy View Post
Number 1 overall pick Blake Griffin is to undergo knee surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/bre...ews100113.html
The Clippers curse strikes again.
Old 13.01.2010, 10:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
The Clippers curse strikes again.
Could be worse a Grizzles fans with your organisation picking Hasheem Thabeet 2nd overall! Even on no legs Griffin still has a brighter future
Old 13.01.2010, 10:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Sheep View Post
But the beauty of the 2010 FA class is that there's depth and quality. I admit you're unlikely to land a Wade or LBJ, but there's plenty of non-superstar talent as well. I think the Wiz should look to deal Jamison and Butler for some young talent/draft picks and tank the season, get a good number for the lottery (John Wall anyone? daaaaamn) and rebuild properly. Arenas' deal was dodgy enough even prior to the injuries, they're dodging a bullet if they can get out of it that easily.
This was pretty much what i was thinking. No chance of Lebron or Wade going to the Wizards but there are some nice players on the Market. Boosh might be reach of the imagination but Carlos Boozer might be around.
Old 13.01.2010, 10:52 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Could be worse a Grizzles fans with your organisation picking Hasheem Thabeet 2nd overall! Even on no legs Griffin still has a brighter future
The Thunder taking Harden with the next pick didn't make much sense either.

I saw a rumour about the Lakers potentially trading Andrew Bynum to the Raptors for Chris Bosh. Not sure how reliable or accurate it is but thought I'd just throw it out there. Obviously the Raptors only do that if they really belieive Bosh won't stay there after this season but in that case, they'd be lucky if, somehow they can replace him with Bynum.

It seems like a win win trade though although I doubt it happens.

Last edited by Method; 13.01.2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 13.01.2010, 11:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
The Thunder taking Harden with the next pick didn't make much sense either.

I saw a rumour about the Lakers potentially trading Andrew Bynum to the Raptors for Chris Bosh. Not sure how reliable or accurate it is but thought I'd just throw it out there. Obviously the Raptors only do that if they really belieive Bosh won't stay there after this season but in that case, they'd be lucky if, somehow they can replace him with Bynum.

It seems like a win win trade though.
Harden seems a pretty smart pick now a much better pick thean Rick Rubio would have been.

Boosh isn't staying. It must be a sure thing by now. he wants to be on a contender and the Raptors haven't proven them self to be that. I think Bynum sticking with the Lakers would make more sense. That would probably mean moving GasoL to C. He is a power forward that is where he does his best work. The Lakers don't need retooling they are doing fine.