NBA Thread - Page 203 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 27.10.2010, 04:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Keane View Post
I wouldn't be too down on the lose to the Celtics. Jermaine O'Neal, Shaq, Perkins, Glen Big Baby Davis and Kevin Garnett they're beasts inside. Can't see many putting 100 up against that. Easily the biggest challengers to the Heat in the East.
Their defence is awesome. Could get nothing in the paint. Held Miami to 9 points first quarter.
Old 27.10.2010, 08:21 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Keane View Post
I wouldn't be too down on the lose to the Celtics. Jermaine O'Neal, Shaq, Perkins, Glen Big Baby Davis and Kevin Garnett they're beasts inside. Can't see many putting 100 up against that. Easily the biggest challengers to the Heat in the East.
I would not be too worried if i was a head/Lebron fan. The Celtics will pick up injuries, there roster is old and Shaq had no buisness still playing. Anything is possible but not this seasonEast. Once Mike Miller gets healthy the Heat will be killing teams. Hard to buy into any early hype for Boston the regular season will mean nothing for them. Their big 4s health will mean everything to their chances once the playoffs roll on.

As for the West i am loving the Jazzs chances at being the 2nd best team in the conference. Al Jefferson should be in for a huge break out year it would suprise me if he was not an All star.
Old 29.10.2010, 06:18 AM
Starter

Lets Go Lakers!
Old 29.10.2010, 07:57 PM
All Pro

GO CELTICS GO!!!

Hopefully the C's can pick up their second win tonight against the knicks
Old 29.10.2010, 09:36 PM
All Pro

Heat - Magic showdown tonight. It is a little bit strange that 2 of the 3 teams that are said to be able to beat the Heat have played them in 2 of the first 3 games. Normally, I would hope Dwight Howard shows people skill and a low post game good enough to match his raw athleticism and rebounding skills, but I would prefer to see James and Wade put on a show
Old 03.11.2010, 01:30 PM
Pro Bowler

John Wall triple double gets the Wizards on the board,
Hopefully we can get to 30 wins this year.
Old 04.11.2010, 02:03 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuds100 View Post
John Wall triple double gets the Wizards on the board,
Hopefully we can get to 30 wins this year.
Really want to see how him and Arenas work together but Wall looks superb.

Rondo is looking like he's going to have an MVP season.
Old 04.11.2010, 06:17 PM
All Pro

Wall was close to a triple double but he didn't quite get it. One steal away from it though!

And I hope Rondo can keep up his good start, but I don't think he will. He could definitely lead the league in assists though, and over the next 3 or 4 seasons I think we can all expect to see Rondo, Rose, Wall and maybe even Westbrook battling it out for the most assists/steals. Although Paul and Williams may be better PG's, the other 4 are very similar to each other and all play exciting basketball.
Old 05.11.2010, 01:31 AM
MVP

No team fails to live up hype like the Bulls. It seems like for a decade they have a young team which gets pimped every preseason to break out and be a top 3 team in the East. Seeing them lose to the Knicks is just De Ja Vu. I'm not even a big Bulls hater but maybe next season can be the year people don't expect a 50 win season from this team and give this team too many expections. Noah, Rose and Boozer aren't an elite line up i don't get what pundits saw in this team .

As for a team no one is talking about the Golden State Warriors are lighting things up and should be a playoff team. Pure scoring team great young talent they can beat any one on their dday if they learn some defence.
Old 05.11.2010, 04:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
No team fails to live up hype like the Bulls. It seems like for a decade they have a young team which gets pimped every preseason to break out and be a top 3 team in the East. Seeing them lose to the Knicks is just De Ja Vu. I'm not even a big Bulls hater but maybe next season can be the year people don't expect a 50 win season from this team and give this team too many expections. Noah, Rose and Boozer aren't an elite line up i don't get what pundits saw in this team .
The Bulls are playing well. The Knicks would have beaten most teams last night the way they were knocking down 3's.

Also, Rose is very much verging on elite. I'd put him on the top 10 players in the league, he's amazing.