NBA Thread - Page 224 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 21.02.2011, 08:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Ramone View Post
Well done James Jones!

Hope Wade is back for the Kings on tuesday.

Would have gave LBJ the MVP.

I am not biased.
He would have if the East had won. First Triple double since Jordan in the all star game.
Old 22.02.2011, 09:26 AM
MVP

Melo is a knick! Huge deal.. and a gamble but six in and six out for NY...

Knicks out...

Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozcov, Anthony Randolph and Curry

And got

Melo, Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman, Corey Brewer.
Old 22.02.2011, 11:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Melo is a knick! Huge deal.. and a gamble but six in and six out for NY...

Knicks out...

Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozcov, Anthony Randolph and Curry

And got

Melo, Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman, Corey Brewer.
Intriguing deal. A shame it could not have been done sooner.

The deal with the Nets would have got the Nuggets a better deal but they have not done too bad out of it. I feel slightly sorry for Denver.

With the Nuggets being weakened they may well fall out of the play-offs with a team like the Grizzlies (Surprise team of the West) taking their place.

Being five games under .500 it might be time to accept the Rockets aren't making the play-offs. With the trade deadline approaching and Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier's contracts expiring a trade may occur. Denver center Nene who is also an expiring contract has been sounded by the media as Houston bound.
Old 22.02.2011, 12:00 PM
MVP

The deal has grown on me... Didnt wanna lose Felton or Chandler really and always liked Gallo but Now have three players to build round in Melo, Amare and Fields.. short term Billups will be great and if he isnt traded straight away Brewer is ok. If the nuggets keep and play the Knicks guys they will get playoffs I think.

Houston need a serious run and others to seriously fall off to get playoffs.

Knicks need a C by thursday really..
Old 22.02.2011, 12:20 PM
Starter

Now the knicks just need to learn how to defend.
Old 22.02.2011, 12:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Ramone View Post
Now the knicks just need to learn how to defend.
The trade yesterday isnt gonna help that but I'll take a playoff place this season.

In off season we now have cap room and are very attractive to all free agents.

We can be a top team now.
Old 23.02.2011, 08:10 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
The trade yesterday isnt gonna help that but I'll take a playoff place this season.

In off season we now have cap room and are very attractive to all free agents.

We can be a top team now.
I found this whole saga rahter interesting. You guys had some nice young players coming along under D'Antoni and now they've all gone? Think the Nuggets definitely got the better end of this deal in the long run, yes you guys should be improved instantly but at what cost?

The East playoffs are certainly gonna be interesting this year.
Old 23.02.2011, 08:39 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
I found this whole saga rahter interesting. You guys had some nice young players coming along under D'Antoni and now they've all gone? Think the Nuggets definitely got the better end of this deal in the long run, yes you guys should be improved instantly but at what cost?

The East playoffs are certainly gonna be interesting this year.
Not sure I agree... Gallo has never reached his potential.. We had already let Chandler know he was getting let go this summer to free cap room for Melo, Curry was on way out and was such a cap drain, Randolph hasnt featured at all for us. That leaves us with Mozcov who was a free agent passed over by many and Felton.. In the short term Billups is a good replacement for Felton. The other 4 we have brought in 2 are youger guys.

None of the guys we let go had any real value before this season so it just goes to show how good we have been this year that people are saying what a bad trade it is.

Knicks now have two All Star starters, One past all star starter and arguably the best "pure" rookie in the league, The best % three point shooter in the league... If I think where we were a year ago happy days.. Long term this deal is a winner.. short term we were going to playoff and not much further and now we will do the same with better variables to go on a run.
Old 23.02.2011, 11:38 AM
MVP

Agree with the above apart having the best pure rookie. The Knicks had hit a wall. Before the trade they were like the Atlanta Hawks a good team without the talent to make it to a title game. One star with some good role players. After exploding with their huge winning streak New York has been pretty average since. Melo gives them a shot at beating the Magic, Bulls, Celtics and Heat. They need a difference maker that can carry the load. Most of the players lost can be found via free agencey. Loads of player want to play in NYC and loads of players want to win a title. Free agents will be lining up to play in Madision Square garden.

Also getting Eddie Curry off the roster is all way a huge bonus the dude is serious dead weight. Just because your name is curry doesn’t give you reason to over indulge.
Old 23.02.2011, 12:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Agree with the above apart having the best pure rookie. The Knicks had hit a wall. Before the trade they were like the Atlanta Hawks a good team without the talent to make it to a title game. One star with some good role players. After exploding with their huge winning streak New York has been pretty average since. Melo gives them a shot at beating the Magic, Bulls, Celtics and Heat. They need a difference maker that can carry the load. Most of the players lost can be found via free agencey. Loads of player want to play in NYC and loads of players want to win a title. Free agents will be lining up to play in Madision Square garden.

Also getting Eddie Curry off the roster is all way a huge bonus the dude is serious dead weight. Just because your name is curry doesn’t give you reason to over indulge.
Well Griffin doesnt count as a rookie to me and that leaves Wall and Cousins.. so Wall is above Fields but Fields is one of the top rookies.. Im allowed to get carried away

Yeah in Free agency we have just become a massive draw.