NBA Thread - Page 229 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 06.03.2011, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieC View Post
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if it was to do with the tempo of the game or something?!

Am I being blind? According to NBA's website, the Knicks game is on ESPN. I've triple checked the tv guide on Sky but can't find it! Might just record all the college basket ball and hope that the schedule is wrong!
I think just because it's on ESPN in the States, it doesn't necessarilly mean that it will be on ESPN in the UK. On NBA.com, they'll have the US TV listings so will be referring to the American version of ESPN, whose schedule differs from ours.
Old 06.03.2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

What a great couple of games at the O2. Last nights triple overtime game was great. A great showcase for the NBA in this country.
Old 06.03.2011, 09:55 PM
Rookie

Jesus, Lakers 30 points ahead of San Antonio almost halfway through the 3rd.

I think I heard them saying that the Spurs are 22 games unbeaten at home as well.

Last edited by dassler; 06.03.2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06.03.2011, 10:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
What a great couple of games at the O2. Last nights triple overtime game was great. A great showcase for the NBA in this country.
Agreed, they may not be the most exciting teams but to have a triple overtime game, it doesnt get better than that. I really hope they continue bringing teams over for regular season games. I heard that they may not continue due to the travel, logistics and the multiple games they play each week.
Old 06.03.2011, 10:21 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dassler View Post
Jesus, Lakers 30 points ahead of San Antonio almost halfway through the 3rd.

I think I heard them saying that the Spurs are 22 games unbeaten at home as well.
Franchise record 22 wins at home coming to an end. Look a completely different team than the one who played Miami.

Miami lose another heartbreaker to the Bulls. Robbed in my opinion. Falls to third in the east.
Old 06.03.2011, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
Agreed, they may not be the most exciting teams but to have a triple overtime game, it doesnt get better than that. I really hope they continue bringing teams over for regular season games. I heard that they may not continue due to the travel, logistics and the multiple games they play each week.
It would be a real shame if this turned out to be a one-off. ...And although the logistics and travel are tricky, it can be argued that it is easier for the NBA to schedule these international games than it is for the NFL.
Old 07.03.2011, 09:32 AM
All Pro

Hopefully there will be a London game next year with slightly better teams. Saying that it is refreshing to see some of the lesser teams shown on ESPN.

I have been watching a bit of college basketball of late. Ohio State are on fire. They ran the Wisconsin Badgers out of the building last night.
Old 07.03.2011, 10:58 PM
All Pro

Had a great time on friday at it, pity i didnt go on the saturday with the 3 OT's but had a great time anyway. The only thing that annoyed me was the explaining of pretty much every rule (fouls and free throws and team fouls getting repeated in pretty much ever quarter), they could of done what the nfl did and just put the main rules in the program (i may be mistaken but i'm pretty sure there was something along the lines of that anyway).

Hopefully they will bring back more games, i'll be looking in to tickets for sure if they do. If they didnt want to do it mid season again then they could look at copying the NHL's idea in future maybe and starting the season off with the international game/games.

In college basketball i do agree Ohio State have been looking good, especially with everyone else seeming to be slipping up recently but once March Madness starts then it just takes one bad game and the dream can be over.

I was glad that Arizona won the PAC-10 this year, surprised we have bounced back as quickly as that. Thought we'd of had a good season and maybe 3rd or 4th in the PAC-10 but Derrick Williams has been a beast for us and hopefully we can top the regular season championship off with a win in the tournament this week and then we should get a #4 seed and then I can dream that it will be a repeat of 1997
Old 08.03.2011, 12:41 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EamonH View Post
Had a great time on friday at it, pity i didnt go on the saturday with the 3 OT's but had a great time anyway. The only thing that annoyed me was the explaining of pretty much every rule (fouls and free throws and team fouls getting repeated in pretty much ever quarter), they could of done what the nfl did and just put the main rules in the program (i may be mistaken but i'm pretty sure there was something along the lines of that anyway).

Hopefully they will bring back more games, i'll be looking in to tickets for sure if they do. If they didnt want to do it mid season again then they could look at copying the NHL's idea in future maybe and starting the season off with the international game/games.

In college basketball i do agree Ohio State have been looking good, especially with everyone else seeming to be slipping up recently but once March Madness starts then it just takes one bad game and the dream can be over.

I was glad that Arizona won the PAC-10 this year, surprised we have bounced back as quickly as that. Thought we'd of had a good season and maybe 3rd or 4th in the PAC-10 but Derrick Williams has been a beast for us and hopefully we can top the regular season championship off with a win in the tournament this week and then we should get a #4 seed and then I can dream that it will be a repeat of 1997
Do they really think all us Brit fans are ignorant. The same happened a couple years ago at the heat and nets game. Carter for two points, wade for three points. Got really annoying after a while.
Old 08.03.2011, 08:20 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
Do they really think all us Brit fans are ignorant. The same happened a couple years ago at the heat and nets game. Carter for two points, wade for three points. Got really annoying after a while.
They did this when i was at madison square garden!

But the explaining of free throws, tip off etc was annoying... having said that the place was full of corporate donkeys on a freebie with no knowledge of B'Ball anyhow!