NBA Thread - Page 279 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 07.12.2011, 04:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
From what I've heard Rondo has started to wear out his welcome with the Celtics management, due to his personality more than anything else.

Boston's plans may be something like this: entice Paul to make a championship run this season with Garnett/Allen/Pierce while the championship window remains open. Then when Garnett and Allen's salary come off the books at the end of the 11/12 season it would create enough cap space to allow them to sign Dwight Howard as a FA (assuming Howard is not traded by then).

Two problems with that scenario:
1. Howard may have been traded already.
2. Paul has apparently made it be known that if he's traded to Boston he has no interest in extending his contract with the Celtics.
Yeah i can't see Orlando making the same mistake again by letting Howard go a free agent. I can't see him going anywhere but the lakers unfortunately. Unfortunately because i don't like them!

Paul wants to come to the knicks but we have no trade tools at all. Im just selfishly keeping my fingers crossed he is able to do a 'Lebron' and force his way to the knicks although this seems unlikely under the new agreement.
Old 07.12.2011, 05:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Yeah i can't see Orlando making the same mistake again by letting Howard go a free agent. I can't see him going anywhere but the lakers unfortunately. Unfortunately because i don't like them!

Paul wants to come to the knicks but we have no trade tools at all. Im just selfishly keeping my fingers crossed he is able to do a 'Lebron' and force his way to the knicks although this seems unlikely under the new agreement.
Rose Rondo and Derron Williams are great but for me Chris Paul is the best PG in the league. If somehow (can't see it) Paul does force his way to New York i don't think the big three in NY would be more talented than Miami but it would be a much better team. Elite PG in the modern games are huge game changers more so than they have ever been. You need the little guy in there running things like a QB. Chirs Paul is like Gary Payton in my eyes. He is a dirty player that will wind up other teams but he is smart and can run the court nobody does it better than him.

With Orlando it's a shame they killed them self with bad cap moves which lead to this. The bigger shame that small market teams struggle to hold on to their top players (outside of Utah and San Antonio). Howard will go somewhere and the mega teams will continue to clash. But not that it would ever happen. Dwight Howard to Oklahoma City now that could the most fun team in the league. They could swing the deal with their pieces they have but no major name will want to play in the Mid West.
Old 08.12.2011, 11:09 AM
All Pro

Default Fantasy hoops

4 places left.
Old 08.12.2011, 08:25 PM
All Pro

Hearing Rumours of a three way trade. CP3 to the lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and New Orleans get draft picks.

Shane Battier also goes to the Heat.
Old 08.12.2011, 11:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly86 View Post
Hearing Rumours of a three way trade. CP3 to the lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and New Orleans get draft picks.

Shane Battier also goes to the Heat.
It reports that if the deal goes through that the Rockets will send both Luis Scola and Kevin Martin to the Hornets. I am not sure I would like that trade as a Rockets fan at all.

I like the Battier to the Heat move. He gave 5 years to the Rockets and I'd like to see him win a ring with the Heat

Last edited by Lancashire Bengal; 08.12.2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09.12.2011, 12:38 AM
Pro Bowler

Tyson Chandler to the Knicks looks a good move too.
Old 09.12.2011, 06:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Bucs View Post
Tyson Chandler to the Knicks looks a good move too.
Great news (as a knicks fan). However, it sounds like Billups and turiaf are being traded to make cap space for Chandler. Meaning we're in even more dire need of a pg. There is a rumour of trading stat for Paul but i really don't want to lose stat. Although that would leave a pretty useful 3 of Chandler melo and Paul!
Old 09.12.2011, 07:06 AM
All Pro

Apparently Howard wants to go to the nets.
Old 09.12.2011, 09:24 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Bengal View Post
It reports that if the deal goes through that the Rockets will send both Luis Scola and Kevin Martin to the Hornets. I am not sure I would like that trade as a Rockets fan at all.

I like the Battier to the Heat move. He gave 5 years to the Rockets and I'd like to see him win a ring with the Heat
NBA have rejected it http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/08/p....html?rss=true
Old 09.12.2011, 10:45 AM
Pro Bowler

I think Shane Battier is a solid move for the Heat, it definitley wil give us some depth that we need at small foward. Happy Heat fan!