Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 382 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 29.04.2011, 11:12 AM
All Pro

Got to be pleased with the Carimi pick. A nasty Lineman who should play at RT from day one.

Hopefully pick up a DT in round 2 and then a WR in round 3. If that happens it is what I predicted on our Mock Draft thread.
Old 30.04.2011, 12:45 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
Got to be pleased with the Carimi pick. A nasty Lineman who should play at RT from day one.

Hopefully pick up a DT in round 2 and then a WR in round 3. If that happens it is what I predicted on our Mock Draft thread.
Correct, and what a DT as well!
Old 30.04.2011, 03:41 PM
All Pro

LOVE the first 2 picks. Really, really happy. I am pretty sure Paea was pretty high on the bigboard and could have been our first round pick. The perfect second round pick, can't blame JA if injuries become a problem for him.

I hate our the 3rd round pick, would much rather have picked up a G or a CB rather than another crappy safety.

If we can get a guard and a developmental MLB/ big WR/ big CB with the rest of our picks I will be very happy overall.
Old 30.04.2011, 07:05 PM
All Pro

Blah, a QB.

If Round 6 is another NT/DT/DE tweener I will be slightly annoyed
Old 01.05.2011, 04:20 PM
Starter

Martz was supposedly pretty enamored with this QB, and i'll put money Dow he's a better QB NOW than Collins is, so it makes sense we drafted him.

The problem is, Mad Mike will be long gone before he matures into anything like a NFL ready QB (if he does at all, of course).

LB fills a gap that needed filling, I'm sure he'll contribute on Special Teams.

Roll on Free Agency.
Old 01.05.2011, 06:21 PM
Team Captain

Love the picks but still feel we need a big time WR and possibly a corner. This ( assuming we have a season ) will mean free agency and that means $$$. Can the ownership spend big 2 years running? They need to if they want to win a Superbowl. Peppers was money well spent but I feel they need to do it all over again and get Vincent Jackson if he is available plus a CB. Any thoughts?
Old 02.05.2011, 07:24 AM
Starter

I think Jackson will be too pricy.
Old 02.05.2011, 10:27 AM
All Pro

I will be shocked if we go after a big name WR JA has never really seen the big need for them.

Oline is still the biggest need and I want to see money spent on that before anything else.

A decent CB will obviously be nice but again, Oline needs to be first priority. It's going to be really interesting to see where Williams lines up. There is a chance that he could move to C at some point imo.
Old 02.05.2011, 05:41 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatme View Post
I will be shocked if we go after a big name WR JA has never really seen the big need for them.

Oline is still the biggest need and I want to see money spent on that before anything else.

A decent CB will obviously be nice but again, Oline needs to be first priority. It's going to be really interesting to see where Williams lines up. There is a chance that he could move to C at some point imo.
Dead on regarding O Line. I think JA is wrong re WR. I guess I should qualify that statement. A " Go- to- Guy " for Cutler set against the backdrop of a greatly improved O Line. Perhaps Olsen could be that guy but Martz is not one to use TE's that much. Interesting to see where Williams ends up. I think Kreutz should be signed for a year. cariba, Webb and Williams are worth their place but that leaves Frank O, Garza and Shaeffer. Room for a Vet O lineman for sure.
Old 03.05.2011, 05:08 PM
Rookie

Shaeffer has gone.

We've also got that huge guy we signed last season, Herman Johnson.