Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 392 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 29.11.2011, 01:58 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
payforte, payforte, payforte
The question is does Matt Forte's production drop off following the signing of a big contract?
Old 29.11.2011, 02:21 PM
All Pro

I don't think so. He appears to be a decent bloke. Obviously I could be wrong but I hope I'm not.
Old 30.11.2011, 03:06 PM
All Pro

They have tried to pay Forte already. He is going to be franchised, I don't have a big problem with that to be honest. I don't like investing huge amounts of money in a RB.
Old 01.12.2011, 10:50 AM
All Pro

It comes down to what forte/ the team think he should get paid. If his production continues to be mediocre the original deal should start looking good.

Running Backs more than any other position benefit from the quality of the people around them. Forte, once through the line is arguably top 5, but he runs with little power and rarely moves the pile. So where do you start the negotiation? Forte no doubt will argue about how many touches he gets.

Unfortunately other players set a president when they get paid; the negotiation could become more difficult very quickly this off-season.

If he gets franchised he may well sit out.

My only annoyance to not paying Forte is the fact that NFL teams routinely hand over massive sums to rookies who as often as not are mediocre: money down the toilet.

I say pay him the going rate for his production. I don't think Forte will burn-out too quickly.

Last edited by payton3434; 01.12.2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: sasas
Old 02.12.2011, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Adam Schefter on Twitter earlier:

"Bears signed Earl Bennetts to a 4-year, $18 million contract that includes $9 million guaranteed."

The famous Earl Bennetts there. Maybe a little bit surprising? It's not like Earl has set the league alight. I know he's Jay's bezzie mate and he's a fairly reliable pair of hands, but he's performed no better than a #3, #4 WR so far in his career, and this seems like a lot of money for that kind of production.

Glad to keep him though
Old 03.12.2011, 11:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBear View Post
Adam Schefter on Twitter earlier:

"Bears signed Earl Bennetts to a 4-year, $18 million contract that includes $9 million guaranteed."

The famous Earl Bennetts there. Maybe a little bit surprising? It's not like Earl has set the league alight. I know he's Jay's bezzie mate and he's a fairly reliable pair of hands, but he's performed no better than a #3, #4 WR so far in his career, and this seems like a lot of money for that kind of production.

Glad to keep him though
Not what you would call a massive contract. He is money on 3rd down.
Old 04.12.2011, 01:46 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBear View Post
It's not like Earl has set the league alight. I know he's Jay's bezzie mate and he's a fairly reliable pair of hands, but he's performed no better than a #3, #4 WR so far in his career, and this seems like a lot of money for that kind of production.

Glad to keep him though
The first week back he was by far our best receiver.... him and Cutler have a real connection and keeping him makes perfect sense.
Old 04.12.2011, 09:05 PM
All Pro

Hanie is less than useless.

Barber's mistake is inexcusable.

Knox concedes yet another uncontested int.

Roy Williams confirms yet again while no one else wanted him.

The O-line was pathetic.

If you can't outscore the worst Offense in the game where do you go... I don't see another win.

Cutler's detractors should take a close look at the last two games.
Old 04.12.2011, 09:49 PM
Starter

Abject failure to move the ball - Roy Williams must be the worst WR in the NFL - we are staring into the abyss of the 2011 season

Sorry but I can't see us beating Denver / GB / or Seattle

Cutlers injury is season ending for everyone

Peppers was excellent - as were the front 4 most of the time - apart from that - amateur is the best I can say - what the hell was Conti doing / Barber thinking / Willaims thinking

Rant over
Old 04.12.2011, 10:16 PM
All Pro

Okay, this is pretty grim. Especially if Forte has torn his ACL and is out for the season.

However, these AFC games are the best ones to lose if you have to lose games. With 4 games to go we're still in the wild card places even if the Giants beat GB and the Lions beat New Orleans later.

I don't fancy us against Denver or GB somehow, but we have at least a shot against Seattle at home and away to Minnesota. That might be enough, depending on other results.

Today was really depressing though. Tempted to stick a fork in us, but ya gotta believe etc