Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 400 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 25.08.2012, 11:13 AM
All Pro

any of you guys want to play some FF? got a league going for Vikings fans, but would like some other NFC North fans in as well, it's an ESPN league set for sunday 8pm BST called Vikings across the pond, would like a few Brits in the mix
Old 14.09.2012, 09:54 AM
All Pro

A pathetic game-plan right from the first play; exposing our terrible line like that, everything else that followed was inevitable. Tice needs a slap.

The D for the most part played pretty well.

Great trick play, but embarrassing to get stung by it.
Old 24.09.2012, 11:14 AM
All Pro

Offense is still pretty damn terrible. The Defense however has played three really good games in a row.

Everyone has contributed well on D. We look to have a very good rotation on the line- you can see why they have stuck with Wooton through all the injuries; he does present an all-round presence out there. The DBs are benefiting from the play up front; Jennings is taking his opportunities and the Safeties have not been caught out of position much at all.

I don't want to be too negative after a win, but I see the Dallas D presenting the same issues for our pass blocking that the Pack did.
Old 24.09.2012, 06:17 PM
All Pro

i was not amazed by the win over the rams and we were at home as well. But if cutler can keep is cool and the O line do there jobs, we could make a game of it at dallas and fingers crossed we could pull out a big fat W. We just need romo to have a bad day at the office and get the D to jump him and ill be a very happy bears fan
Old 25.09.2012, 09:47 PM
Starter

Smile

Anyone know what happened last night? Heard something about a dropped interception!!!
Old 30.09.2012, 02:53 PM
All Pro

Default If you need cheering up check this out

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

not too bad i say

what do you think
Old 02.10.2012, 07:54 AM
Starter

A very good performance, really pleasing as both sides of the ball looked impressive - the D was absolutely monstrous. Although only 1 sack, the constant pressure Romo was under was relentless and the key reason in him throwing 5 picks.

Bears secondary is now right up there with the best in the league and we're seeing players we've all thought had potential (Wright, Jennings) really begin to shine.

Jay was excellent - in no small part to the protection he was afforded - and needed to be after the negativity surrounding him these passed few weeks. Zero picks and a passer rating of 140.6 I think.
Old 02.10.2012, 11:45 AM
All Pro

There must be some crazy Ying/Yang thing going on in our trenches- the O-line had their best game of the season (protection) and they appeared to have sucked all the energy out of our pass rush to do it!

Finally we see the Offense that we were expecting e.g. run it, slants and crossing patterns to those big bodies, roll-outs: balance; didn't Cutler look a whole lot better for it too.

Typical of my Fantasy team this year; I replaced Marshall after his poor start

I have stuck-up for Cutler swearing (indirectly) at Martz and bumping Webb but I draw the line at out right disrespect for Tice, Cutler should be quietly reminded who is in charge.

Next week is one of those momentum ending Banana-skin games: you can't lose to the Jags; simple as that.
Old 02.10.2012, 01:23 PM
All Pro

Agree, agree.

Really good to see the OL play so much better: it's just like a couple of years ago when they went to Dallas early in the year looking terrible and got it all sorted out to the point where they were just about acceptable for the rest of the season. Fingers crossed it happens again.

As for Cutler, the fumble aside he played well. But it was embarrassing to watch him get up and walk away from Tice like that. I understand him being frustrated with calls coming in late and the sideline calling a timeout when he seemed to be ready to go, but players can't behave like that. Especially team leaders. It's unacceptable.

Although:

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Overblown: Bench shots like Cutler "blowing off" Tice. Kurt Warner blew off Dick Vermeil in Super Bowl XXXIV. Happens more than u know.

Last edited by CharlieBear; 02.10.2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: second opinion
Old 03.10.2012, 09:45 AM
All Pro

The continuing need to waste timeouts will likely bite them on the butt eventually.