L.A chargers anyone?
Old 05.10.2007, 05:49 PM
All Pro

Default Re:San Diego new $1b stadium rejected

$1 Billion? No wonder they rejected.
Old 05.10.2007, 05:51 PM
Pro Bowler

In today's market that's not so bad. Prime location, on expensive land, and would be enormous and state-of-the-art. they were hoping to make it the new NFL flagship stadium.
Old 05.10.2007, 05:53 PM
All Pro

Now maybe if the Chargers didn't suck quite so bad this season....
Old 05.10.2007, 06:10 PM
All Pro

The city of San Diego looks unlikely to be an option unless the City Attorney Mike Aguirre is voted out of office. There are still other cities in San Diego county that have submitted stadium plans. Chula Vista looks to be the front-runner at the moment and would be a great location. Oceanside is the city that most recently turned down the stadium offer and I'm happy that it did. Might as well put the stadium in Orange County or LA if you're going to put it in Oceanside. All is not lost, we still have quite a few options and Spanos does seem to want to keep the team in San Diego county.
Old 05.10.2007, 08:25 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Kinch link=board=1;threadid=28849;start=0#msg746044 date=1191607850]
The city of San Diego looks unlikely to be an option unless the City Attorney Mike Aguirre is voted out of office. There are still other cities in San Diego county that have submitted stadium plans. Chula Vista looks to be the front-runner at the moment and would be a great location. Oceanside is the city that most recently turned down the stadium offer and I'm happy that it did. Might as well put the stadium in Orange County or LA if you're going to put it in Oceanside. All is not lost, we still have quite a few options and Spanos does seem to want to keep the team in San Diego county.
[/quote]

Having just visited for the first time (and loved it) I'd be hugely disappointed if they moved out of the city of San Diego. If they have to though, Chula Vista would certainly be a decent option. It's just "down the road" and is served nicely by public transport.

I'd hate for the Chargers to move to LA. From a UK fan standpoint, it doesn't make quite as much difference as it does to a local fan like Kinch, but I certainly plan to go back to see the Chargers again, and what I love so much about San Diego is that it isn't LA, if you catch my drift...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome on this one