Premier League Thread - Page 113 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 05.02.2009, 12:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by towen5 View Post
If i was still bitter id say FA Cup thread! stupid liverpool.

good on the lad though, great finish.
It took two deflections. That was 400 minutes of some of the most negative football of my life. From both sides too, Benitez has no right to complain about the way Everton play.

Also, did anyone else miss the goal because ITV went to adverts?
Old 05.02.2009, 12:29 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Admirer View Post
It took two deflections. That was 400 minutes of some of the most negative football of my life. From both sides too, Benitez has no right to complain about the way Everton play.

Also, did anyone else miss the goal because ITV went to adverts?
Well Everton didnt have any strikers. Even though it took deflections it was still a good finish, would have gone in without the deflections. he had great composure.
Old 05.02.2009, 08:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Missed the goal due to adverts, then again I was watching a stream of national signing day anyway.I had long given up on the game and was waiting for penalties.

Lucas was a good player when he was playing for the Brazilian youth set up, what has Rafa done to him?Looks to me as if he is more suited in the role that gerrard currently occupies, so I think he needs a move away someplace for a fresh start.

Liverpool were awful, I dont see how many can defend Rafa after a performance like that. Did Howard make more than the one save all game (from Riera)?
Old 05.02.2009, 11:00 AM
All Pro

I have to sit back and smile at the sheer double standards of Liverpool fans (sorry some Liverpool fans, and indeed most football fans in general) at times.
It was not so long ago they were unfurling banners of Benitez over the Kop and proclaiming him the second coming, demanding that Rick Parry, Gillett & Hicks all get booted off because they are ruining Rafa's vision for the team and distracting him from the task in hand.
Now a little further down the line, Parry and Co have settled down and stayed out of the headlines......which means its now Rafa's turn to get the heat from the Kop.

Everyone seems to be writing off the title and handing it to United, but this weekend is going to be massive because Liverpool have got probably the weakest side in the league on current form in Portsmouth....while we have got to travel to Upton Park where we struggle year in year out.

Liverpool have still got to come to Old Trafford, as have Arsenal, Villa & City.....and whilst its great to have all those games at home, there's still work to be done.

Plus with fixtures piling up for United its going to be hard to keep everyone fresh and on top form all the way through. Its never ever finished in February, there's always more twists than this.....
Old 06.02.2009, 05:36 PM
Pro Bowler

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7875478.stm

Bye Bye Setanta
Old 07.02.2009, 05:24 PM
All Pro

Chelsea 0 Hull 0

Bad result for Chelsea and after that result I can not see them winning the league this year. Looks like Man U all the way for sure.
Old 07.02.2009, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Setanta had c-r-a-p coverage anyways.

Another 2 points dropped by Chelsea, although this time Phil NoPlanB cant take all the blame, we wasted a few chances early on and didnt make our dominance pay.

Still very poor in the 2nd half, and Hull could have nicked it in fact.The sooner we get the clown out the better, 5th place looks like the best we can do.

Tony Adams is playing David Nugent while Niko Kranjcar sits on the bench, and he wonders why his job is on the line?

PS watching Lecce - Inter and Inter have this 18 yr old player called Davide Santon who is only playing his 5th game, and he is absolutly top drawer !!!

Last edited by vann_mcelroy; 07.02.2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07.02.2009, 05:38 PM
Starter

Crucial result for Newcastle today, s***ted well but defence still looked edgey

And a get well soon to Joe Kinnear who got took to hospital this moring
Old 07.02.2009, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Rob Styles just gets worse and worse. Awful display from us but the points are all that matter
Old 07.02.2009, 06:53 PM
MVP

Good win for us today, 2 points above Chelsea and Liverpool currently being held. Hopefully Spurs can do us a favour tomorrow as well!