Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 07.10.2008, 01:20 PM
Starter

Default Re:Premiership Thread

is that in career as he hasnt scored that many for tottenham
Old 07.10.2008, 03:43 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Jambos link=board=23;threadid=35053;start=210#msg971069 date=1223385646]
is that in career as he hasnt scored that many for tottenham
[/quote]

Because he really hasn't had the chance, and for those saying he cost 20+ million, he didn't, it was 16 million IIRC and at the time was seen as good business. As for the comment he just looked good because he was on a bad team, still doesn't deny the fact he was consistently scoring in the premier league.
41 in 107 is a very good record in the premier league, Spurs just haven't given him the chance until just recently, when they are all playing absolutely dire.
Old 07.10.2008, 03:58 PM
All Pro

I think it was nearer 18-19 million to be honest, but you're right it wasn't 20+ and that i'm sure of.
as for looking good on a bad team, that makes him even better.....if you can play well and score goals in a bad team who don't create much then he must have been finishing well.

Spurs just never gave him a chance, luckily he's still only relatively young and I hope he can get himself out of there. I'd have him at OT anyday....and with Spurs being our feeder club it might just happen ;D
Old 09.10.2008, 10:48 AM
All Pro

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/091020...e-gunners.html

The latest proclamation from Roy the Bhoy. I agree with him on this and I would add that I think the claim that **** **** run at a profit is absurd. I think that they have got extremely creative accountants
Old 09.10.2008, 11:07 AM
Pro

I think thats rubbish from Keane

Im an Arsenal season ticket holder and go most games, home and away. Iv seen the youth develop and think Keane is just jealous. Yes some of the kids have been bought at a young age, but Arsenal has still developed them and brought them through to first team standards.
Not only that, but in that article isnt mentioned the players that have come through the academy, Jack Wilshere, Jay Simpson, Kiran Gibbs etc. We have alot of kids coming through and they havent just been bought and thrown in to make a good young side, they have been brought up and taught to play the way they play.

Keane is a prat
Old 09.10.2008, 11:26 AM
All Pro

Just heard that Van Persie is out of the Holland games with a hamstring injury - anyone know how bad it actually is, and how long he'll be out?
Old 09.10.2008, 02:36 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Invincibles link=board=23;threadid=35053;start=210#msg972112 date=1223550428]

Im an Arsenal season ticket holder and go most games, home and away. Iv seen the youth develop and think Keane is just jealous. Yes some of the kids have been bought at a young age, but Arsenal has still developed them and brought them through to first team standards.
Not only that, but in that article isnt mentioned the players that have come through the academy, Jack Wilshere, Jay Simpson, Kiran Gibbs etc. We have alot of kids coming through and they havent just been bought and thrown in to make a good young side, they have been brought up and taught to play the way they play.

Keane is a prat
[/quote]

Wrong you're a prat!!
Wengers voluntary blindness to his own problems and his teams faults obviously extend to the fans as well!!

You point to this holier than holy youth system you have but Fabregas, Flamini, Bendtner, Vela, Song, Ramsey etc etc etc are all store bought youngsters.
Who are the 2 Arsenal players currently in the Prem that were with you all the way through from schoolboy to pro's...David Bentley and Cashley Cole! Common denominator in both those is that neither player was rewarded for his loyalty and were allowed to leave, why? THEY'RE ENGLISH!!

Arsenal are the most annoying club in the country, they kicked lumps out of Nani last year and cried for weeks about his apparent "showboating" when we hammered them in the cup!! However when one of the Arsenal youngsters did it the other week in the Carling Cup it was a sign of how good his young players were......and of course there was nothing wrong with it!

Its easy to get young players to play that style of football when you cherry pick the best young technical footballers from across Europe. How must the schoolboys at Arsenal feel watching Wenger sign 18-19 yr olds before they've even been given a shot at playing
Old 09.10.2008, 03:06 PM
All Pro

Now, now gents.

Personally I quiet like Roy Keane. I find him genuine and honest. Which is a rarety these days. Some of his comments are actually funny!
Old 09.10.2008, 08:22 PM
All Pro

[quote author=BigBlueBaz link=board=23;threadid=35053;start=225#msg972275 date=1223562963]
[quote author=Invincibles link=board=23;threadid=35053;start=210#msg972112 date=1223550428]

Keane is a prat
[/quote]

Who are the 2 Arsenal players currently in the Prem that were with you all the way through from schoolboy to pro's...David Bentley and Cashley Cole! Common denominator in both those is that neither player was rewarded for his loyalty and were allowed to leave, why? THEY'RE ENGLISH!!

[/quote]

Im sorry but you are talking out of your **** on this one. Ashley Cole and David Bentley showed f all loyalty to Arsenal Football Club. Ashley grew up an Arsenal fan and the club and arsene wenger turned him inot possibly the one of the best left backs in the world and how does he repay us, by kicking up a fuss about he wasnt being paid enough etc. and cleared of to Chlesea for an extra 5 grand week, hardly loyalty :

David Bentley left because he attitude stinks. He thinks he is gods gift and couldnt understand why he was not getting a game ahead of Pires, Ljunberg, Bergkamp etc. when he was still quite young. I have no doubt that if either of the two had chisen to stay at Arsenal they would be still in team.
Old 09.10.2008, 09:38 PM
All Pro

As a massive spurs fan who goes week in week out David Bentley does think his the nuts he walks around like his our best player and great at set peices but his not i hope he can change his ways and asap....