Premier League Thread - Page 3063 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #30621  
Old 05.12.2018, 07:59 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Mike Ashley with the old I'm in advanced talks to sell the club just before the transfer window distraction so he doesn't have to buy any players.
haven't seen the figures this time but hasn't Ashley been only asking the going rate for a premier league club which he has put plenty of money into.its not like he wants £500m but people bidding seem to be wanting a bargain or putting in clauses that protect them so scuppering some possible deals.
Reply With Quote
  #30622  
Old 08.12.2018, 05:15 PM
Two-minute drill's Avatar
Two-minute drill Two-minute drill is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Torreira was great for Samp. I knew he'd be a hit with Arsenal. People point at his size but it hasn't stopped N'Gante bossing midfields in the PL

But Emery has work to do with his backline. Mustafi is an accident waiting to happen, Sokratis is very limited and Kolasinac is a bull in a china shop at times. The set up in front of them protects them, but significant improvements seem to be needed if Arsenal want to progress
torreira to the rescue. MOTM performance again and a nice scissor kick from 2 yards out !.
i honestly never heard of him until just before the recent world cup. stopped watching serie A a good few years ago.

a very under-par arsenal performance today. it looked like they were all lethargic from laughing gas. i know emery is known for making changes but it desn't mean he has to make two subs at half time frequently. lacazette should have stayed on. iwobi was terrible.

and more injury woes at the back. mustafi limped off with a hamstring but thankfully monreal and koscielny are back but we should dip into the january window for a defender and a speedy wide man.
Reply With Quote
  #30623  
Old 09.12.2018, 03:40 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
torreira to the rescue. MOTM performance again and a nice scissor kick from 2 yards out !.
i honestly never heard of him until just before the recent world cup. stopped watching serie A a good few years ago.

a very under-par arsenal performance today. it looked like they were all lethargic from laughing gas. i know emery is known for making changes but it desn't mean he has to make two subs at half time frequently. lacazette should have stayed on. iwobi was terrible.

and more injury woes at the back. mustafi limped off with a hamstring but thankfully monreal and koscielny are back but we should dip into the january window for a defender and a speedy wide man.

and you broke a record in the classic Arsenal style too, most dives
Reply With Quote
  #30624  
Old 09.12.2018, 03:48 AM
Two-minute drill's Avatar
Two-minute drill Two-minute drill is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
and you broke a record in the classic Arsenal style too, most dives
behave should you not be crying into your soup after a defeat in the last few mins .

seriously though, mustafi's 'dive' was a penalty i thought
Reply With Quote
  #30625  
Old 09.12.2018, 04:10 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
behave should you not be crying into your soup after a defeat in the last few mins .

seriously though, mustafi's 'dive' was a penalty i thought

if the club ever gets sold i might develop some hope again.



there was contact but he also dived as he sold the contact in a silly manner.
Reply With Quote
  #30626  
Old 09.12.2018, 04:22 AM
Two-minute drill's Avatar
Two-minute drill Two-minute drill is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
if the club ever gets sold i might develop some hope again.
so agent bielik is doing his job then lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
there was contact but he also dived as he sold the contact in a silly manner.
contact first then he went over a bit much. but contact first.

was a foul but a bit of an embellishment, not deserved of a booking.
but contact first ! do you want to throw out the rule book or sumink ?
Reply With Quote
  #30627  
Old 09.12.2018, 04:34 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
so agent bielik is doing his job then lol.



contact first then he went over a bit much. but contact first.

was a foul but a bit of an embellishment, not deserved of a booking.
but contact first ! do you want to throw out the rule book or sumink ?

he did dive though


but the problem is because of the silly way he threw himself to the ground the ref thought it was a full on dive.



when they bring VAR in, this would be a good incident to show people what the outcome should be.
Reply With Quote
  #30628  
Old 09.12.2018, 04:40 AM
Two-minute drill's Avatar
Two-minute drill Two-minute drill is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
he did dive though

but the problem is because of the silly way he threw himself to the ground the ref thought it was a full on dive.


when they bring VAR in, this would be a good incident to show people what the outcome should be.
embellished after contact true story

a proper conclusion would have given a penalty then warned mustafi for embellishment.
afterwards sanction him for embellishment. (which was after contact lol )
Reply With Quote
  #30629  
Old 09.12.2018, 04:47 AM
Two-minute drill's Avatar
Two-minute drill Two-minute drill is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 5,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
but the problem is because of the silly way he threw himself to the ground the ref thought it was a full on dive.
did you see the MLS cup final there ? was an incident where an atlanta player (i believe it was josef martinez) was hacked in the box but done a bit of acrobatics which looked as if persuaded the ref to not give the penalty.

i do sometimes say to myself that if a player acrobats or overtly embellishes in a foul then the ref should not to give it. it's the only way players can learn,... without the VAR.
Reply With Quote
  #30630  
Old 09.12.2018, 05:04 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
did you see the MLS cup final there ? was an incident where an atlanta player (i believe it was josef martinez) was hacked in the box but done a bit of acrobatics which looked as if persuaded the ref to not give the penalty.

i do sometimes say to myself that if a player acrobats or overtly embellishes in a foul then the ref should not to give it. it's the only way players can learn,... without the VAR.

that was harder to tell on that one the level of contact compared to how much he sold it, he didnt go to Arsenal level


Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
embellished after contact true story

a proper conclusion would have given a penalty then warned mustafi for embellishment.
afterwards sanction him for embellishment. (which was after contact lol )

lol it wouldnt of been a pen though, he could of maybe avoided the booking but i think the way Mustafi tried to get the penalty also made the ref decide on the yellow as he seemed to think about it for a second.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:28 AM.