Premier League Thread - Page 3063 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 05.12.2018, 07:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Mike Ashley with the old I'm in advanced talks to sell the club just before the transfer window distraction so he doesn't have to buy any players.
haven't seen the figures this time but hasn't Ashley been only asking the going rate for a premier league club which he has put plenty of money into.its not like he wants £500m but people bidding seem to be wanting a bargain or putting in clauses that protect them so scuppering some possible deals.
Old 08.12.2018, 05:15 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Torreira was great for Samp. I knew he'd be a hit with Arsenal. People point at his size but it hasn't stopped N'Gante bossing midfields in the PL

But Emery has work to do with his backline. Mustafi is an accident waiting to happen, Sokratis is very limited and Kolasinac is a bull in a china shop at times. The set up in front of them protects them, but significant improvements seem to be needed if Arsenal want to progress
torreira to the rescue. MOTM performance again and a nice scissor kick from 2 yards out !.
i honestly never heard of him until just before the recent world cup. stopped watching serie A a good few years ago.

a very under-par arsenal performance today. it looked like they were all lethargic from laughing gas. i know emery is known for making changes but it desn't mean he has to make two subs at half time frequently. lacazette should have stayed on. iwobi was terrible.

and more injury woes at the back. mustafi limped off with a hamstring but thankfully monreal and koscielny are back but we should dip into the january window for a defender and a speedy wide man.
Old 09.12.2018, 03:40 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
torreira to the rescue. MOTM performance again and a nice scissor kick from 2 yards out !.
i honestly never heard of him until just before the recent world cup. stopped watching serie A a good few years ago.

a very under-par arsenal performance today. it looked like they were all lethargic from laughing gas. i know emery is known for making changes but it desn't mean he has to make two subs at half time frequently. lacazette should have stayed on. iwobi was terrible.

and more injury woes at the back. mustafi limped off with a hamstring but thankfully monreal and koscielny are back but we should dip into the january window for a defender and a speedy wide man.

and you broke a record in the classic Arsenal style too, most dives
Old 09.12.2018, 03:48 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
and you broke a record in the classic Arsenal style too, most dives
behave should you not be crying into your soup after a defeat in the last few mins .

seriously though, mustafi's 'dive' was a penalty i thought
Old 09.12.2018, 04:10 AM
GOAT

Quote:
behave should you not be crying into your soup after a defeat in the last few mins .

seriously though, mustafi's 'dive' was a penalty i thought

if the club ever gets sold i might develop some hope again.

there was contact but he also dived as he sold the contact in a silly manner.
Old 09.12.2018, 04:22 AM
MVP

Quote:
if the club ever gets sold i might develop some hope again.
so agent bielik is doing his job then lol.

Quote:
there was contact but he also dived as he sold the contact in a silly manner.
contact first then he went over a bit much. but contact first.

was a foul but a bit of an embellishment, not deserved of a booking.
but contact first ! do you want to throw out the rule book or sumink ?
Old 09.12.2018, 04:34 AM
GOAT

Quote:
so agent bielik is doing his job then lol.

contact first then he went over a bit much. but contact first.

was a foul but a bit of an embellishment, not deserved of a booking.
but contact first ! do you want to throw out the rule book or sumink ?

he did dive though

but the problem is because of the silly way he threw himself to the ground the ref thought it was a full on dive.

when they bring VAR in, this would be a good incident to show people what the outcome should be.
Old 09.12.2018, 04:40 AM
MVP

Quote:
he did dive though

but the problem is because of the silly way he threw himself to the ground the ref thought it was a full on dive.

when they bring VAR in, this would be a good incident to show people what the outcome should be.
embellished after contact true story

a proper conclusion would have given a penalty then warned mustafi for embellishment.
afterwards sanction him for embellishment. (which was after contact lol )
Old 09.12.2018, 04:47 AM
MVP

Quote:
did you see the MLS cup final there ? was an incident where an atlanta player (i believe it was josef martinez) was hacked in the box but done a bit of acrobatics which looked as if persuaded the ref to not give the penalty.

i do sometimes say to myself that if a player acrobats or overtly embellishes in a foul then the ref should not to give it. it's the only way players can learn,... without the VAR.
Old 09.12.2018, 05:04 AM
GOAT

Quote:
did you see the MLS cup final there ? was an incident where an atlanta player (i believe it was josef martinez) was hacked in the box but done a bit of acrobatics which looked as if persuaded the ref to not give the penalty.

i do sometimes say to myself that if a player acrobats or overtly embellishes in a foul then the ref should not to give it. it's the only way players can learn,... without the VAR.

that was harder to tell on that one the level of contact compared to how much he sold it, he didnt go to Arsenal level

Quote:
embellished after contact true story

a proper conclusion would have given a penalty then warned mustafi for embellishment.
afterwards sanction him for embellishment. (which was after contact lol )

lol it wouldnt of been a pen though, he could of maybe avoided the booking but i think the way Mustafi tried to get the penalty also made the ref decide on the yellow as he seemed to think about it for a second.