Minnesota Vikings thread (Kings of the NFC NORSE) - Page 462 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Old 27.12.2012, 11:33 AM
All Pro

Time to start calling Jacksonville the Jacksonville Vikings, couple of weeks after claiming Jordan Todman off waivers they have now gone and claimed offensive guard Mark Asper and tight end Allen Reisner off waivers also. Clearly Vikings wanted to re-sign Reisner and left a place open on the practice squad so as to bring him back. Now that possbility has gone the Vikings have filled the spot with former Dallas practice squad tight end Chase Ford who is a an undrafted player with good size, 6' 6" and around 245/250lbs.

Current Vikings current squad below, not much like the one the team started the season with.

DT Chase Baker
RB Joe Banyard ( Signed to replace Jordam Todman )
WR LaMark Brown
CB Bobby Felder
TE Chase Ford
OG Tyler Holmes
OT Kevin Murphy
WR Chris Summers.

Only Baker, Felder, Holmes and Murphy began the season with the Vikings.
Old 27.12.2012, 03:46 PM
MVP

they waived reisner time and time again it was only a matter of time before someone grabbed him
Old 28.12.2012, 11:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Both the Bears v Lions game and Vikes v Pack are on SKY Sports. Good for some but not if you have gamepass it's a waste of time. Damn, not used to anyone being interested in our games. Need to call some friends that have Sky sports now. Don't want to miss the action, that is for sure!
Old 30.12.2012, 12:27 PM
All Pro

Today two of my three Christmas wishes will be realised, Vikings beat the Packers get into the play offs and the next month Cris Carter finally gets elected into the Hall of Fame to complete the hat trick and cap a memorable season.
Old 30.12.2012, 03:50 PM
MVP

I hope you're right i really do but im wary of any success the vikes have.

I live in hope though
Old 31.12.2012, 01:17 AM
MVP

I wish to change my name to joe Croweater should the vikings win next week

ah screw it c'mon vikes win it all where that superbowl bus?
Old 31.12.2012, 09:57 PM
All Pro

I give us a one in four shot. If the same pack team shows up that did in Mpls, then we definitely pull it off.
Old 31.12.2012, 10:16 PM
All Pro

Vikings 2013 opponents have been finalized.

Vikings will play one game against each of the four NFC East teams along with one game against each of the AFC North teams, one game against Carolina and one game against Seattle along with the six NFC North games.
Old 01.01.2013, 01:42 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAtomic View Post
I give us a one in four shot. If the same pack team shows up that did in Mpls, then we definitely pull it off.
If the same vikes that showed up in mpls show we can win it cos the 2 versions of the packers we faced this year were beatable, in fact the first time we played em at their house they looked more beatable than the gang that showed up in MIN.

My head says we have a shot and my heart says we take it to em for sure.

Hope ponder can keep up his good form and the WR's keep catching the stuff that does come their way, only thing i can really fault ponder on last game was the freaking skyball rainbow throw he made to avoid a sack.
Old 01.01.2013, 03:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsoldat View Post
If the same vikes that showed up in mpls show we can win it cos the 2 versions of the packers we faced this year were beatable, in fact the first time we played em at their house they looked more beatable than the gang that showed up in MIN.

My head says we have a shot and my heart says we take it to em for sure.

Hope ponder can keep up his good form and the WR's keep catching the stuff that does come their way, only thing i can really fault ponder on last game was the freaking skyball rainbow throw he made to avoid a sack.
good points

ya, ponder has to keep his wild moves under control this next game. He tries too much sometimes, when he just has to play a bread and butter ballgame. Let Adrian allow him some down the field chances.

I think it was Favre who said: "Your options as QB when nobody is open are simple. You are either going to run, throw the ball away, or get sacked."

Ponder needs to remember that advice.