Minnesota Vikings thread (Kings of the NFC NORSE) - Page 512 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Old 14.10.2013, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
with you there!!!! we go 1-15 so be it.....
Don't think it will happen we will end up winning 4-5 and push us out of position. If we do end up with 2-3 wins will be the best thing to happen to the Franchise in years. Teddy Bridgewater is the real deal.
Old 14.10.2013, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
That Ds looking like coach killers now this is looking as bad as 2010/11
and my crosshairs are on the GM he finds the players and this D could be on a level we have not seen in Minnesota ever!!! .............. a loss like this got Childress fired.. I put this on the GM, look at this years draft picks, they have been non-descript, 3 first rounders!! should be doing a LOT! more then we are seeing... we are the Minnesota Lions
It would help if the clown Frazier doesn't insist on playing Robinson in front of Rhodes Guion/Evans in front of Floyd and they used more 3 wide reciever sets to get CP84 in the game, cant really take Jennings or Simpson off the field as both are very good recievers, Simpson especially has been excellent, and I for one had criticised him heavily in the past.

Frazier is way too loyal, making rookies have to look 3 times better than veterans to get on the field. I actually like what Spielman has done if you look at the talent we have it is clear a lot of this is down to coaching/depth chart decisions.
Old 15.10.2013, 10:41 AM
MVP

New coaches are the order of the offseason methinks. leave slick rick be though because he's put the effort in to getting the needed players in there and has picked up way more good prospects than duds wich is all you can really ask of him.

Just need a group of coaches who can better utilise the players and not curl up and die on the sideline when the pressure is on.
Old 17.10.2013, 01:47 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by red pepper vike View Post
How's that looking now?

Not so hot

we gotta use people that are gonna work..

ugh..this is gonna be a long season
Old 17.10.2013, 04:13 PM
Pro

Apologies for interrupting but I am looking for UK based NFL fans to take part in a new book to be, hopefully, published in December.

I need fans to answer (upto) 8 questions and their answers may be in the book.

The website and questions are here: http://mynflteam.wordpress.com/questions/

Thanks for reading and hope you can take part!
Old 17.10.2013, 08:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfcchris View Post
It would help if the clown Frazier doesn't insist on playing Robinson in front of Rhodes Guion/Evans in front of Floyd and they used more 3 wide reciever sets to get CP84 in the game, cant really take Jennings or Simpson off the field as both are very good recievers, Simpson especially has been excellent, and I for one had criticised him heavily in the past.

Frazier is way too loyal, making rookies have to look 3 times better than veterans to get on the field. I actually like what Spielman has done if you look at the talent we have it is clear a lot of this is down to coaching/depth chart decisions.
Talent? That's open to debate... This D might be the worse in the history of the Vikings and your got Spielmen to thank for it. We can not stop the run we can not stop the pass. I hear a lot of let's fire the HC, want about the GM? he gets the players, he is the biggest problem, because he clearly can not judge talent after the 2nd round of drafts it's been poor, took Ponder need I say more! The 3 1st rounders this year are not looking great, and remember he set Miami back years. As to Frazier, guess he's not a HC, season as good as over and I see no point in firing anyone till the season ends let it play out and see where the chips fall, I hope Freeman can light a fire in this offense and we can get 5/6 wins I not quite in the tank it camp yet but if we don't win another game so be it.. Clear house and rebuild it..
Old 19.10.2013, 07:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Talent? That's open to debate... This D might be the worse in the history of the Vikings and your got Spielmen to thank for it. We can not stop the run we can not stop the pass. I hear a lot of let's fire the HC, want about the GM? he gets the players, he is the biggest problem, because he clearly can not judge talent after the 2nd round of drafts it's been poor, took Ponder need I say more! The 3 1st rounders this year are not looking great, and remember he set Miami back years. As to Frazier, guess he's not a HC, season as good as over and I see no point in firing anyone till the season ends let it play out and see where the chips fall, I hope Freeman can light a fire in this offense and we can get 5/6 wins I not quite in the tank it camp yet but if we don't win another game so be it.. Clear house and rebuild it..
Franchise has not been the same since they bought out Dennis Green in 2002 and his friend and long time coaching associate Frank Gilliam who was a genius in the Vikings front office also left the team shortly afterwards.

Denny Green was a polarizing figure who you either loved or hated, ( especially if you were in the Twin Cities media ). However he recognized football talent and could coach players and get them to buy into his program and play for him. Vikings were always competitive under Green who had a 97-62 winning record, in his 10 seasons with the Vikings his teams made the play offs 7 times. In the 11 seasons since he left the Vikings have only made the play offs 4 times. He was head coach of that superb 1998 record setting NFC Championship game team too. Players drafted when he was Head Coach include Daunte Culpepper, Brad Johnson, Robert Smith, Randy Moss, Jim Kleinsasser, Dewayne Washington, Korey Stringer, Todd Steussie and Matt Birk. Free agents such as Robert Griffith and Randall Cunningham also were signed under Green. Presently we have people in power at Winter Park who could not evaluate talent or coach football if it slapped them in the face.

Coaching staff have lost the locker room, especially the defensive coaching staff with coaches and players contradicting one another about whether the defense was meant to be playing zone, man or cover two when things break down and opposing teams score touchdowns late in games which the Vikings should have closed out and won.

The following players are all questionable for Mondays' game, Blair Walsh, A.J.Jefferson, Matt Kalil, Kevin Williams and Xavier Rhodes. It will be interesting to see how many of these guys are going to be willing to play through pain and put it on the line for Frasier and the coaches when the chips are down and backs are against the wall.

Last edited by Hannibal; 19.10.2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 20.10.2013, 04:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Franchise has not been the same since they bought out Dennis Green in 2002 and his friend and long time coaching associate Frank Gilliam who was a genius in the Vikings front office also left the team shortly afterwards.

Denny Green was a polarizing figure who you either loved or hated, ( especially if you were in the Twin Cities media ). However he recognized football talent and could coach players and get them to buy into his program and play for him. Vikings were always competitive under Green who had a 97-62 winning record, in his 10 seasons with the Vikings his teams made the play offs 7 times. In the 11 seasons since he left the Vikings have only made the play offs 4 times. He was head coach of that superb 1998 record setting NFC Championship game team too. Players drafted when he was Head Coach include Daunte Culpepper, Brad Johnson, Robert Smith, Randy Moss, Jim Kleinsasser, Dewayne Washington, Korey Stringer, Todd Steussie and Matt Birk. Free agents such as Robert Griffith and Randall Cunningham also were signed under Green. Presently we have people in power at Winter Park who could not evaluate talent or coach football if it slapped them in the face.

Coaching staff have lost the locker room, especially the defensive coaching staff with coaches and players contradicting one another about whether the defense was meant to be playing zone, man or cover two when things break down and opposing teams score touchdowns late in games which the Vikings should have closed out and won.

The following players are all questionable for Mondays' game, Blair Walsh, A.J.Jefferson, Matt Kalil, Kevin Williams and Xavier Rhodes. It will be interesting to see how many of these guys are going to be willing to play through pain and put it on the line for Frasier and the coaches when the chips are down and backs are against the wall.
Those Denny years indeed a fun ride, think Marc you nailed it here, since the Green years it's be a steady decline, just 4 playoffs and just one that I felt we had a chance of going all the way, it's a real shame too the team has the best ownership it's had in many years, not sure what Ziggy can do with this team for now, just hope they don't rush when looking for new coaches and a GM.
I can see the Giants putting up big numbers tomorrow night against this secondary, I'm looking forward to Freemans first game and what the O can do to counter all those points....
Old 21.10.2013, 07:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Those Denny years indeed a fun ride, think Marc you nailed it here, since the Green years it's be a steady decline, just 4 playoffs and just one that I felt we had a chance of going all the way, it's a real shame too the team has the best ownership it's had in many years, not sure what Ziggy can do with this team for now, just hope they don't rush when looking for new coaches and a GM.
I can see the Giants putting up big numbers tomorrow night against this secondary, I'm looking forward to Freemans first game and what the O can do to counter all those points....
I agree Mark, the Wilf group are right up there with the original 5 founder owners as the the best the franchise has ever had. Coaching staff are rapidly approaching the " lame duck " stage, Spielman I'm not so sure about, my impression is that the Wilf family are high on him and he is ikely with the team for at least one more season.
With so much turmoil in the secondary what are they going to do about replacing Harrison Smith, will they continue to start Josh Robinson who reminds me more and more of Asher Allen with ever game. What are they going to do at linebacker where Henderson is clearly playing out of his comfort zone and Marvin Mitchell has proved not to be capable of holdng down the weakside job. Will they continue to expose Jamarca Sanford who does not have the range to play in a cover two defense nor the ball skills to be a starter in a defensive scheme of any kind. Mentallity seems to be if you are a veteran you get to play no matter how poorly you execute but if you are a rookie no matter how great your potential you will only get limited snaps and ride the bench. Sooner this season is over and done with the better, they team that lost 41-0 in the playoffs was a much better group than the present bunch, it could be a cricket score tonight.
Old 21.10.2013, 10:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I agree Mark, the Wilf group are right up there with the original 5 founder owners as the the best the franchise has ever had. Coaching staff are rapidly approaching the " lame duck " stage, Spielman I'm not so sure about, my impression is that the Wilf family are high on him and he is ikely with the team for at least one more season.
With so much turmoil in the secondary what are they going to do about replacing Harrison Smith, will they continue to start Josh Robinson who reminds me more and more of Asher Allen with ever game. What are they going to do at linebacker where Henderson is clearly playing out of his comfort zone and Marvin Mitchell has proved not to be capable of holdng down the weakside job. Will they continue to expose Jamarca Sanford who does not have the range to play in a cover two defense nor the ball skills to be a starter in a defensive scheme of any kind. Mentallity seems to be if you are a veteran you get to play no matter how poorly you execute but if you are a rookie no matter how great your potential you will only get limited snaps and ride the bench. Sooner this season is over and done with the better, they team that lost 41-0 in the playoffs was a much better group than the present bunch, it could be a cricket score tonight.
Lose tonight and the coaches are very much lame ducks for the season, can not say I feel the same in regards to the season ending ASAP it's a long offseason, and good or bad I enjoy watching the purple, call me mad if you like I'm watching to see what developes over the coming weeks. You have to put the secondary feasco on Spielman, major league screw up in the handling of Winfield very much the guy who hold that secondary together last year and it so badly needed him this year with the veteran leadership that he brought to the team. Sadly I agree Spielman will get more time, and I'm not sure that's good for the future. Only way we win tonight is by our O sustaining very Long drives and I mean LONG our O needs to be on the field for 2 third of the game for us to have a chance