Why drop Colt or Daniel...surely should be collins? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 28.08.2009, 11:26 AM
Starter

Default Why drop Colt or Daniel...surely should be collins?

just a thought,why not keep colt and daniel and make them the future of our franchise and get rid of old man collins?
true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.
but its one id be willing to take,lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl.

anyway guys,whats your veiw?
Old 28.08.2009, 11:40 AM
Starter

*slaps head*
Might have guessed the very first post in our very own shiny new forum was going to be about sodding quarterbacks and who stays/goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX REDSKINS View Post
just a thought,why not keep colt and daniel and make them the future of our franchise and get rid of old man collins?
true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.
but its one id be willing to take,lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl.

anyway guys,whats your veiw?
Reason 1: true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.

Reason 2: lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl - so we should just quit on the season? Really?
I site last years Cardinals and Eagles (who sat McNabb and looked utterly lost midseason) as reasons to play every game... if you get hot at the right time, anything is possible.

Ditching the steady, reliable backup is a terrible idea.
Now someone start a thread about our sick D# so we can get excited about this season rather than moping about third string QB's
Old 28.08.2009, 02:10 PM
Rookie

guys - don't get too excited about the 4th string QB chucking 2 tds against guys who will not be in the league in a few weeks. although its better than not scoring at all (vs balt) if we start off hot and jason gets hurt, collins can (and has) pulled us through nicely.

with our defense, we should be playing mistake-free football, like we did the first 6 games last year! the NFC is wide open - people are actually picking seattle to go through!!!
Old 28.08.2009, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
Now someone start a thread about our sick D# so we can get excited about this season

At the request of Mr badkarma.......done ;-)
Old 28.08.2009, 02:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
*slaps head*
Might have guessed the very first post in our very own shiny new forum was going to be about sodding quarterbacks and who stays/goes!

Reason 1: true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.

Reason 2: lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl - so we should just quit on the season? Really?
I site last years Cardinals and Eagles (who sat McNabb and looked utterly lost midseason) as reasons to play every game... if you get hot at the right time, anything is possible.

Ditching the steady, reliable backup is a terrible idea.
Now someone start a thread about our sick D# so we can get excited about this season rather than moping about third string QB's
no,i didnt mean we should just pack it in for this season.i apologise if you thought that.
you got to start a thread about something.
id seen a similar topic on extreme skins and thought what the hell.
now then what about that defense?
Old 29.08.2009, 01:01 AM
MVP

This is great thread topic. After all, who the heck think collins is the future? Pretty much nobody. Yet his veteran presence seems like a wise move, and having only brennan and daniel to replace collins seems far too risky.

I'm tempted to say "Be bold!" and bold could be one of two choices:

1. Ditch collins
2. Keep 4, yes 4 QBs...bold indeed.

The reality choices:
1. Daniel is still a nobody that can could safely be put on the practice squad without being taken by another team.

2. Colt or Daniel develops a mysterious injury so they go on IR for the whole season (my vote for most likely)
Old 29.08.2009, 11:17 AM
All Pro

In spite of never seeing any performances by either of our potential #3's, I hope that one of them manages to develop into a decent player. In a way, I'm particularly keen to see what becomes of Chase Daniel - his size seems to work against him and people are already writing him off as a scout team workhorse, but not NFL material because of it.
Old 29.08.2009, 01:43 PM
All Pro

Ditching Collins is a terrible idea, period. I doubt either of Brennan or Daniel ever do much in the NFL.
Old 30.08.2009, 12:48 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman84 View Post
Ditching Collins is a terrible idea, period. I doubt either of Brennan or Daniel ever do much in the NFL.
They won't have to "ever do much in the NFL" to surpass Collins.
Old 30.08.2009, 01:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo View Post
They won't have to "ever do much in the NFL" to surpass Collins.
Maybe, but he's the only QB on this roster to have gotten this team to post season.

It's all very well going on about the future but if Campbell sucks or gets injured, neither of those two are getting us to post season, Collins has at least done it before. I'm interested in the short term future just as much as the long term.