0-4 anybody worried - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04.09.2009, 07:54 AM
UKcardinalsfan's Avatar
UKcardinalsfan UKcardinalsfan is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.11.2005
Posts: 2,258
Default 0-4 anybody worried

quite simple question, anybody worried about the seemingly poor pre season? I know it's easy to say pre season means nothing but we havn't had many impressive or positive displays to pull on, but we all the know what the team are capable of.

Are they struggling with co-ordinator changes? expectations?

and, on a side, anyone see Palko's interception, awful! just awful, definitely St.Pierre number 3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04.09.2009, 10:55 AM
richmach's Avatar
richmach richmach is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 25.08.2008
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
quite simple question, anybody worried about the seemingly poor pre season? I know it's easy to say pre season means nothing but we havn't had many impressive or positive displays to pull on, but we all the know what the team are capable of.

Are they struggling with co-ordinator changes? expectations?

and, on a side, anyone see Palko's interception, awful! just awful, definitely St.Pierre number 3
It doesn't mean a lot, we were 4-0 last pre-season and everyone knows how that turned out. Don't worry.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.09.2009, 03:49 PM
davejf50's Avatar
davejf50 davejf50 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 11.01.2007
Posts: 16
Default

I wouldn't worry if i were you. We're in the same boat and I'm not worried just yet. 0-4 after 4 games of the reg season and I'll be singing a different tune. You've obviously got talent on your roster so it should only be a matter of time before they get used to life without Todd etc. Hopefully he can work his offensive magic in KC this year. First half last night suggests he may very well do. Go Chiefs!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04.09.2009, 04:42 PM
EamonH's Avatar
EamonH EamonH is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 27.10.2004
Posts: 2,748
Default

Pats went 0-4 last year and had a good season, and as was said above the lions where 4-0 then 0-16. Cards will be fine. They have the talent, preseason means nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04.09.2009, 05:23 PM
drzm's Avatar
drzm drzm is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.12.2003
Posts: 1,321
Default

Not at all, no gameplanning at all and all the defensive schemes are vanilla. Only think I'm slightly concerned about is the secondary (not to say i miss Green though! haha) and our overall depth.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04.09.2009, 06:35 PM
AZ's Avatar
AZ AZ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,705
Default

not worried by 0-4 at all. I am worried by A-dub saying we cant even get our base package right though.

roll on Sunday, we will know if we should be worrying by monday morning i guess.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04.09.2009, 08:47 PM
UKcardinalsfan's Avatar
UKcardinalsfan UKcardinalsfan is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.11.2005
Posts: 2,258
Default

we are usually so non descript in pre season whilst managing a couple results.

I can't wait to see how they go out against the Niners, intensity and full gameplan, but can't help but feel slightly disappointed by underwhelming pre season. We won't be heading back to the big one, but if we could push over .500 again that would be a solid comeback from a incredible season last year
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.09.2009, 10:02 PM
AZ's Avatar
AZ AZ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
we are usually so non descript in pre season whilst managing a couple results.

I can't wait to see how they go out against the Niners, intensity and full gameplan, but can't help but feel slightly disappointed by underwhelming pre season. We won't be heading back to the big one, but if we could push over .500 again that would be a solid comeback from a incredible season last year
agree, i take 9-7 again to be honest. We keep making the playoffs and we are going in the right direction. Haley will be the big miss.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.09.2009, 11:32 PM
John Breitenbach's Avatar
John Breitenbach John Breitenbach is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 20.11.2005
Posts: 6,083
Default

It really depends. The results don't matter at all but you do look for individual performances.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06.09.2009, 07:11 PM
UKcardinalsfan's Avatar
UKcardinalsfan UKcardinalsfan is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.11.2005
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
agree, i take 9-7 again to be honest. We keep making the playoffs and we are going in the right direction. Haley will be the big miss.
I'll admit, I was never really a big fan of Haley, I felt that Whiz had a lot more control of offensive playcalling that it looked like. But his connection with Warner couldn't go unoticed so we will have to get a look at that

I personally liked Pendergast, I thought he assembled a really dangerous and versatile D, but if we can improve our open field tackling (FINALLY) then I'm a happy man!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:39 AM.