0-4 anybody worried - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 04.09.2009, 07:54 AM
All Pro

Default 0-4 anybody worried

quite simple question, anybody worried about the seemingly poor pre season? I know it's easy to say pre season means nothing but we havn't had many impressive or positive displays to pull on, but we all the know what the team are capable of.

Are they struggling with co-ordinator changes? expectations?

and, on a side, anyone see Palko's interception, awful! just awful, definitely St.Pierre number 3
Old 04.09.2009, 10:55 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
quite simple question, anybody worried about the seemingly poor pre season? I know it's easy to say pre season means nothing but we havn't had many impressive or positive displays to pull on, but we all the know what the team are capable of.

Are they struggling with co-ordinator changes? expectations?

and, on a side, anyone see Palko's interception, awful! just awful, definitely St.Pierre number 3
It doesn't mean a lot, we were 4-0 last pre-season and everyone knows how that turned out. Don't worry.
Old 04.09.2009, 03:49 PM
Rookie

I wouldn't worry if i were you. We're in the same boat and I'm not worried just yet. 0-4 after 4 games of the reg season and I'll be singing a different tune. You've obviously got talent on your roster so it should only be a matter of time before they get used to life without Todd etc. Hopefully he can work his offensive magic in KC this year. First half last night suggests he may very well do. Go Chiefs!
Old 04.09.2009, 04:42 PM
All Pro

Pats went 0-4 last year and had a good season, and as was said above the lions where 4-0 then 0-16. Cards will be fine. They have the talent, preseason means nothing.
Old 04.09.2009, 05:23 PM
All Pro

Not at all, no gameplanning at all and all the defensive schemes are vanilla. Only think I'm slightly concerned about is the secondary (not to say i miss Green though! haha) and our overall depth.
Old 04.09.2009, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

not worried by 0-4 at all. I am worried by A-dub saying we cant even get our base package right though.

roll on Sunday, we will know if we should be worrying by monday morning i guess.
Old 04.09.2009, 08:47 PM
All Pro

we are usually so non descript in pre season whilst managing a couple results.

I can't wait to see how they go out against the Niners, intensity and full gameplan, but can't help but feel slightly disappointed by underwhelming pre season. We won't be heading back to the big one, but if we could push over .500 again that would be a solid comeback from a incredible season last year
Old 04.09.2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKcardinalsfan View Post
we are usually so non descript in pre season whilst managing a couple results.

I can't wait to see how they go out against the Niners, intensity and full gameplan, but can't help but feel slightly disappointed by underwhelming pre season. We won't be heading back to the big one, but if we could push over .500 again that would be a solid comeback from a incredible season last year
agree, i take 9-7 again to be honest. We keep making the playoffs and we are going in the right direction. Haley will be the big miss.
Old 05.09.2009, 11:32 PM
MVP

It really depends. The results don't matter at all but you do look for individual performances.
Old 06.09.2009, 07:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
agree, i take 9-7 again to be honest. We keep making the playoffs and we are going in the right direction. Haley will be the big miss.
I'll admit, I was never really a big fan of Haley, I felt that Whiz had a lot more control of offensive playcalling that it looked like. But his connection with Warner couldn't go unoticed so we will have to get a look at that

I personally liked Pendergast, I thought he assembled a really dangerous and versatile D, but if we can improve our open field tackling (FINALLY) then I'm a happy man!