Aldridge Re-signed - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 23.09.2009, 11:48 AM
All Pro

Default Aldridge Re-signed

Interesting move by the Skins, and one I'm really onboard with!

Aldridge was one of those players that could be a true change of pace back, if we coach him up and get him over his fumbleitis of course

I think this could be a direct response to our ineffectiveness in the red zone. Portis running behind the left side is just not working, so why not bring in someone who can (hopefully) make defenders miss?

You would think though that one out of Betts, Rock or Mason is going to be cut and another OL brought in though, you surely can't carry 5 RB's on the roster, and you would think they wouldn't have brought Aldridge back if they intended to keep him inactive ...

I think that MAYBE it will be Betts or Rock. Mason was used a fair bit in the last game to spell Portis, and maybe they see him as a younger, cheaper replacement to Betts? Also Rock saw less time at return duties on Sunday, with Thomas taking at least one return that I saw. Maybe now that Kelly has cemented the 2nd WR spot they are willing to use Thomas on return duties?

Whats does everyone else think about this?
Old 23.09.2009, 12:42 PM
All Pro

Ehh...?

5 RB's??
Old 23.09.2009, 03:08 PM
All Pro

I did mention about losing Betts in pre-season but I am trully of the opinion that he is our best back at playing the screen's / dump off passes now. Rock or even Mason could be a casualty if we decide to back on our originial decision of letting Alridge go. Mason only had 2 carries on Sunday tho IIRC.
Old 23.09.2009, 08:04 PM
All Pro

Strange one for me, really need to look at getting another line body in or someone who can at least help on teams.
Old 24.09.2009, 01:09 PM
All Pro

According to Zorn Alrdridge was brought in because he can "play right away" as opposed to a new lineman who would need several weeks of practise to get up to speed. Not sure what Jeremy Bridges will make of that
Old 24.09.2009, 04:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD for breakfast View Post
According to Zorn Alrdridge was brought in because he can "play right away" as opposed to a new lineman who would need several weeks of practise to get up to speed. Not sure what Jeremy Bridges will make of that
I suspect he'll make nothing of it at all, bearing in mind Arizona signed him before the regular season started.