Tony Romo - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 26.09.2009, 05:36 PM
Starter

Default Tony Romo

Anyone worried about Romo, to be honest i wasnt before the game, everyone saying he cant deliver, i thought, we'll see. But after watching the game on Sunday night, im worried. He under performs in every big game, i know the Qb position is heavily observed and Qb of the Cowboys even more so, but he makes some terrible throws, absolutley shocking. He can give thanks to our running game and poor red-zone performance for New York for keeping us in it on Sunday. He was out thought by Pierce with the first interception. Even though he was unlucky to throw a pick that hit Wittens heel, it was another terrible throw. And the third was the worst of the lot, its as if he didnt see the safety there.
Old 26.09.2009, 06:48 PM
All Pro

Romo is a quality.

Playing for the Cowboys comes with added pressure as he everyone expects him to be as good as Aikman etc.

He is the guy to lead us forward.
Old 26.09.2009, 09:08 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsCowboy View Post
Romo is a quality.

Playing for the Cowboys comes with added pressure as he everyone expects him to be as good as Aikman etc.

He is the guy to lead us forward.
I admit hes great against the Bucs and will probably put up the numbers against Carolina on Monday, and he is quality at times...but he looks sooo ugly at times, i dont think the best romo fan can explain the passes he threw on Sunday night
Old 27.09.2009, 06:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbroxton View Post
I admit hes great against the Bucs and will probably put up the numbers against Carolina on Monday, and he is quality at times...but he looks sooo ugly at times, i dont think the best romo fan can explain the passes he threw on Sunday night

I could understand why he threw them i think he was just very sloppy when executing them.
Old 27.09.2009, 07:29 AM
Starter

One thing you cannot afford to be as a QB is inconsistent and one word that I would use to describe Romo is inconsistent.

He is very over-rated in my honest opinion, and has alot to prove this season, if Dallas fail to make the play-offs this year and Romo looks bad then I think he has had more then enough chances at that position.

I would love for Romo to prove us all wrong this year but I will not hold my breath, man i miss the days of Aikman
Old 27.09.2009, 11:02 AM
Starter

Maybe im being a bit picky, it could be worse, since ive supported them weve had a revolving door of QBs...Carter,Henson,Hutchinson,Testaverde,Bledsoe.
Old 27.09.2009, 12:37 PM
All Pro

I have plenty of confidence in Romo i don't however have much confidence in our WR's... At best they are ok and they are very inconsistent. Last week he threw one particulaly bad interception at the end of the 3rd quarter and in all didn't have a good game but i wont give up on him for that.... The WR's need to make plays and make themselves dominant on the field, something they are not doing at the moment, and until they do Romo is going to be trying to make the play himself and that can lead to games like last Sunday night... I still think he will throw for over 4000 yards and 30+ TD's this season barring injuries.
Old 27.09.2009, 02:40 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbroxton View Post
Maybe im being a bit picky, it could be worse, since ive supported them weve had a revolving door of QBs...Carter,Henson,Hutchinson,Testaverde,Bledsoe.
Yep and no superbowls.
Old 27.09.2009, 03:34 PM
All Pro

Romo will get the job done. Hes made a few bad calls in big games but so does every QB.
Old 28.09.2009, 02:53 AM
Rookie

I think Romo can be good, but he is inconsistent. As for the revolving door of QBs until we get one as good as Staubach or Aikman its going to carry on being that way.