2009 - 1/4 season evaluation - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 04.10.2009, 07:57 PM
MVP

Default 2009 - 1/4 season evaluation

I was expecting a confident 3-1 record at this point, and 2-2 might not look too awful...but I've never seen a crappier 2-2 team before.
Old 04.10.2009, 08:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo View Post
I was expecting a confident 3-1 record at this point, and 2-2 might not look too awful...but I've never seen a crappier 2-2 team before.
The offense played for the 3rd Quarter today, the defense stepped up in the second half and played better.

I agree though, we've won two games, but I don't feel like we've won two games. Our running game is non-existant, Campbell is getting decent stats but is not playing well, no matter what the stats say. Young receivers are doing nothing so far etc etc.

We will be last in the NFC East, without a doubt, scratching wins against the Bucs and Rams is no preparation for divisional games.
Old 04.10.2009, 08:18 PM
Rookie

Agreed - we are going to get spanked by the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants or anyone half decent or tough. Against a good D-line, I can't see us getting any rushing yards.
It seems that Moss and Cooley are carrying the team at the moment.

What do you make of Campbell? I find it hard to tell how good he is, because he never gets all that much time to throw. He doesn't have much "poise" IMHO, although he did manage a great long pass today to Moss so perhaps I am being a bit unfair on him.

My worry is that they'll grind out a few wins that will paper over the chasm-like cracks in just about everything.

After watching the Skins win superbowls years ago), it's really galling to see the likes of Tampa and even Arizona come good and we are still rubbish (OK Tampa have gone back to being rubbish again!) I'm starting to wonder if I'll see a decent Skins team ever again :-(
Old 04.10.2009, 09:29 PM
All Pro

We play the Chiefs and Raoders, we might win those two, 4-12 is possible. Any better and I'll be surprised.

This might be the worst Redskins team I have ever seen. The Petitibon year went bad quickly but he was killed by injuries, the beginning of free agency and an aging roster. Year one of Norv was bad but it was a completely revamped roster and at least Gus Frerotte gave us some (false) hope that season. This team has talent right through the roster and is desperately under-performing.

I hope in going badly pear shaped this season finally sees a change in attitude and style right through the franchise.
Old 04.10.2009, 10:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by south_sky View Post
What do you make of Campbell? I find it hard to tell how good he is, because he never gets all that much time to throw. He doesn't have much "poise" IMHO, although he did manage a great long pass today to Moss so perhaps I am being a bit unfair on him.
The main criticisms seem to be his poor accuracy on deep throws, slow release, missing of open receivers (possibly because he locks on to his other receivers too early), and sometimes failure to step up in the pocket. He fumbles a snap at least once a game, too, which at his level of experience is completely unacceptable.

Suspect he'll be another one of those "we'll never know"s. Poor protection and receivers he can't trust make it hard for him to even be a game manager (as opposed to a stud) at times.
Old 04.10.2009, 11:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_friend_goo View Post
The main criticisms seem to be his poor accuracy on deep throws, slow release, missing of open receivers (possibly because he locks on to his other receivers too early), and sometimes failure to step up in the pocket. He fumbles a snap at least once a game, too, which at his level of experience is completely unacceptable.
Yes, but apart from those things, he's pretty good right?
Old 04.10.2009, 11:35 PM
Team Captain

after 4 games 2-2 is flattering.2 wins against poor sides makes things look better than they are.wont go over all the negatives again but on the plus side there is room for improvement.like gman said,there is talent there but its time to produce the goods.secondary need to make plays or i feel we could take some big losses to teams who throw the ball a lot.imo its going to be a long season.
Old 05.10.2009, 01:52 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by south_sky View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I'll see a decent Skins team ever again :-(
Snyder can't live forever, so the team's got to change hands sometime.
Old 05.10.2009, 03:10 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenstu View Post
Snyder can't live forever, so the team's got to change hands sometime.
i guess that means we only have to wait about 50ish years as Snyder only turns 44 in november!!!
Old 05.10.2009, 03:39 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
i guess that means we only have to wait about 50ish years as Snyder only turns 44 in november!!!
Yep - he's got 10ish years on me, so I've a reasonable chance of 1 or 2 half decent seasons before I die. Unless I go under a bus or something.