Ordering online from the Dallas website. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 31.10.2009, 12:14 PM
All Pro

Default Ordering online from the Dallas website.

I wanted to order the final game program at Texas Stadium vs the Ravens, priced $4.99, and i wanted the game program for the opening night this season vs the Giants which was advertised for free but would have been quite happy to pay for it... When i proceded to checkout i was quoted $77 for shipping!!!! Yes $77 just for sending the Ravens program.... I have sent an e-mail asking is that an error and have said what i want to buy and could they send me a price but they still haven't replied....

Has anyone else come across this problem when trying to order online from the Cowboys and if so have you managed to contact them and find out if this price is indeed correct?

Also if buy any chance anyone has a copy of these programs that are for sale could you please send me a message.
Old 31.10.2009, 12:42 PM
Pro Bowler

A couple of years ago I noticed that they were selling gameday programs so wanted to buy one, it was the game the triplets were introduced to the ring of honour. I was shocked at the delivery costs which was something like you mentioned, did not not contact them just did not order.
Old 31.10.2009, 02:19 PM
Starter

yep p+p is a nightmare plus you get stung by customs when it comes over. I phoned the Cowboys and tyhere was no cheaper option. It is no cheaper getting it from nfl.com best advise is get some one eho lives in the states to buy it for you and ship it over as a gift.

Last edited by darrenwash; 31.10.2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: addition
Old 31.10.2009, 02:36 PM
Team Captain

I have ordered stuff from the Pro-shop before, and yes the postage was outrageous.

I assumed at the time that was partly due to it including the duty which, as someone else pointed out, can be quite substantial.

TBH I'm still not sure if it was included or not, but I didn't have to pay any additional premiums when the goods were delivered.
Old 31.10.2009, 03:27 PM
All Pro

I can't believe that the duty charged by customs on something that costs only $4.99 would amount to much, this to me appears to be a complete rip-off on the Cowboys side and if it's similar on the NFL's official site then i think that someone on this end should bring something up as we are being ripped off.

Wonder if Hank or someone else on this site can bring this up with someone who can look into it?
Old 31.10.2009, 04:19 PM
Pro Bowler

I belive that any thing up to £18 should not have any import duty on. I know when I order DVDs from PlayUSA it is only when I order anything over £18 that I get a notice tellling me that there could be a chance of custom chargers.
Old 01.11.2009, 08:11 AM
Starter

It amazes me that the NFL can play games in London but cant arrange decent postage rates for Merchandise from the states. Come on Sir Alastair of Brent work your magic!!!
Old 01.11.2009, 11:10 AM
Pro Bowler

Friend of mine bought a few bits, a jersey and a hoody, from America and when it arrived he was asked for an extra £40+ for customs costs.
Old 01.11.2009, 01:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenwash View Post
It amazes me that the NFL can play games in London but cant arrange decent postage rates for Merchandise from the states. Come on Sir Alastair of Brent work your magic!!!
I strongly suspect that this will fall on deaf years.
Old 01.11.2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Bowler

the postage chages from the cowboys website is a lot!!, ive questioned it and this is what they charge!!

your best bet is go to ebay.com (the us one) and get them from there. I reckon you should be able to get them for about $10 each. Postage should be about $15 but if your lucky you could get a seller who has both who could put them in the same packet for no extra cost. this would mean you should pay around £26 for the both, which is still quite a lot but much cheaper and they are both really nice programs as i have them both!