Ordering online from the Dallas website. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 02.11.2009, 10:48 AM
Pro

I emailed the Cowboys about it once and they said that was their contract they had etc etc etc.
£77 for delivery is just a sick joke.To be honest when you go on EBAY.COM the American one and buy stuff most Americans have no idea how much it costs to post here,i think they think we are like near the moon or something.
I point out to then it costs about $7 to post a dvd or game not $18.99 etc etc.
Most people are ok once they realise how much it costs.
Old 06.11.2009, 01:13 PM
All Pro

Hi guys just a quick question regarding tickets.I'm already looking at next years trip,even before i've been this year Basicly I'm looking into a trip involving a Cowboys game.How early do you think I would need to order tickets in advance please?

I see all the games this season are already sold out,is this normal or is it due to most people wanting to see the new stadium ? any help would be great
Old 06.11.2009, 01:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Hi guys just a quick question regarding tickets.I'm already looking at next years trip,even before i've been this year Basicly I'm looking into a trip involving a Cowboys game.How early do you think I would need to order tickets in advance please?

I see all the games this season are already sold out,is this normal or is it due to most people wanting to see the new stadium ? any help would be great
depens on what game you want to see if its a giants or eagles game id say as early as possible. Some fans will exchange tickets they cant use check ticketmaster for that.
Old 06.11.2009, 03:42 PM
All Pro

Well i'm not to worried who I see to be honest.Just planning a trip to Miami and Dallas.So idealy just gunna pick a weekend when they're both at home and take it from there to be honest.
Old 06.11.2009, 10:46 PM
Pro Bowler

e-mail the Cowboys ticket office when the schedule comes out next April and tell them you are coming from the UK to see a game and they should be able to reserve your ticket. They won't be able tell you your seat number untill a couple of weeks before the game but your seat would be guaranteed. I have done it this way for the last few years and never had a problem.
Old 08.11.2009, 03:34 PM
Pro Bowler

I don`t know what service the Cowboys shop use for postage but I think they need to look into it asap. I`d imagine they could sell and ship a lot more stuff if the charges were more reasonable.

Generally, as goods in the US tend to be a lot cheaper you can get stung for import duty. There is a website that shows what is chargeable and how much you`d expect to pay. Personally I have bought quite a bit of drum gear from the states and only once have been charged extra. Not every package coming in is going to get opened and checked.....bigger things are obviously more conspicous, mate of mine bought a guitar cab, that was never going to sneak through lol. I bought a set of cymbals that got in, definately helps when the store you get them from marks the value as $100 rather than $1000 :-)
Shipping for them was only $120, bearing in mind 5 cymbals weigh a lot more than a programme or a shirt that`s not too bad. That was through USPS. Maybe the pro shop should use them, $77 postage for a programme, I`d want it hand delivered by a bloke in a suit with a briefcase chained to his wrist!!
Old 13.11.2009, 08:12 PM
Rookie

Default Ebay it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
I wanted to order the final game program at Texas Stadium vs the Ravens, priced $4.99, and i wanted the game program for the opening night this season vs the Giants which was advertised for free but would have been quite happy to pay for it... When i proceded to checkout i was quoted $77 for shipping!!!! Yes $77 just for sending the Ravens program.... I have sent an e-mail asking is that an error and have said what i want to buy and could they send me a price but they still haven't replied....

Has anyone else come across this problem when trying to order online from the Cowboys and if so have you managed to contact them and find out if this price is indeed correct?

Also if buy any chance anyone has a copy of these programs that are for sale could you please send me a message.
I have had some luck getting programmes off ebay, I have got a friend in Phillie that I get gameday tickets and programmes / merchandise sent to. May be worth hooking up with someone on the blogs over there and see if they would be so kind as to assist.
Old 13.11.2009, 08:14 PM
Rookie

Default Stub Hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesh View Post
depens on what game you want to see if its a giants or eagles game id say as early as possible. Some fans will exchange tickets they cant use check ticketmaster for that.
Get on stubhub.com, yes it'll cost you more as they are an agency but are good as gold, nom issues the last two year. They do get funny about shipping so ticketsonline.net are good as well.
Old 24.11.2009, 01:48 PM
Pro

I've ordered NFL stuff, but never just one or a couple of items, I wait and do a bigger order so the postage doesn't work out so insane. As said before you also get stung on import duty - but that's not their fault!

I'd see if you can find anyone else that wants in on an order and split the postage...

Also - awesome to see that you can get game tickets, I assumed they would be like gold dust, I'll be investigating that more for my trip next year
Old 24.11.2009, 06:12 PM
Pro

I had the same problem when I wanted a jersey, there's no way I'm paying that, I'll probably ask my friend to get me one and bring it over when she next is.