Larry Fitzgerald wasted this season? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 10.01.2010, 02:08 AM
Rookie

Thumbs down Larry Fitzgerald wasted this season?

I understand the season is not over, however we have one of the best wide receivers in the NFL and I can't remember seeing him get a catch more than 30 yards this season. Maybe we'll see more passes to Fitz this Sunday now Boldin is injured. Am I the only one who thinks Fitzgerald deserves a lot more passes?
Old 10.01.2010, 11:56 AM
Starter

I haven't seen much of the cards so far this year (and am hoping I don't see any more after this week ) but I would guess that every team has identified him as the main threat and has been doubling up on him meaning that he has been open fewer times than in the past. There is no point throwing him the ball if he is covered and there ISA other reciever open. Especially with all the other talented reciever you have.
Old 10.01.2010, 02:39 PM
All Pro

I disagree, he obviously has been over covered this year after the breakout last post season. It's not quite as simple as throw it to Larry like many pundits seem to try and make it out. He has been a very productive cog in a much more balanced offense this year, making a huge impact in the run block on the corner blitzes
Old 10.01.2010, 03:34 PM
Pro Bowler

Fitz has been bracketed all year with over under coverage.
I think he didn't cope well with it. Elite recievers make the catch!! and a little too often when Fitz has had a chance at a big reception he's not made the catch or maintained possesion to the ground.
Do i think Fitz has been lacking ...nope I just don't think he or the team was quite prepared for all the attention he got by defences.its one thing to 'know' they will double you for the game its another to experience it, plus for one reason or another Breaston has been so prolific this year to relieve the pressure.
Next year he and the team will be far more ready on a personal level.
Old 10.01.2010, 11:03 PM
Rookie

Oh I wasn't saying Fitz was lacking and yeah the coverage has been harsh on him, however you can't look past he is one of the best WR's in the NFL and not passing to him just because he's well known for being good at what he does makes sense and i'm sure that's a key reason not to pass to him. I just think they could make some more plays for Fitz, especially for what they're paying him :l
Old 11.01.2010, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajonnyc View Post
Oh I wasn't saying Fitz was lacking and yeah the coverage has been harsh on him, however you can't look past he is one of the best WR's in the NFL and not passing to him just because he's well known for being good at what he does makes sense and i'm sure that's a key reason not to pass to him. I just think they could make some more plays for Fitz, especially for what they're paying him :l
he has double coverage 80% of the time he carries a massive load on this team and allows us the spread it out. He also takes the to CB each and still leads the NFL on TD's and has had a record year for us this year in scores.

he sees just the right amount of balls for me. Maybe the first to games with Whiz calling plays he could have seen it a bit more but since game 3 he has got it spot on.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:48 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
he has double coverage 80% of the time he carries a massive load on this team and allows us the spread it out. He also takes the to CB each and still leads the NFL on TD's and has had a record year for us this year in scores.

he sees just the right amount of balls for me. Maybe the first to games with Whiz calling plays he could have seen it a bit more but since game 3 he has got it spot on.

Exactly.

Even though he's double covered in most of the games we play, he's still leading the team in yards (even with Boldin at the other end of the field) and is also leading the league in TDs.
Old 13.01.2010, 11:01 PM
Rookie

larry may not be playing as well as he did the previous season, but he is still one of the premier wide recievers, if not THE premier wide reciever in the NFL. And even when teams are doubling up on him he owns them.

Tags
arizona , cardinals , fitzgerald , larry , passes