NFLUK Hoarders Keeper League Official Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > NFL Fantasy Games

Old 07.09.2010, 09:34 PM
All Pro

Default NFLUK Hoarders Keeper League Official Thread

Welcome to the inaugural season of the Hoarders league!

We have our 12 members, and the draft is set for 10:15pm Thursday evening, just in enough time to get us warmed up for the big kick off! Please can you try your best to make the draft, I have already had notice from bearsfanu that he will be 30 ish minutes late but will rank his top players anyway so not an issue. Is there anyone else that wont be able to make it?

A couple of issues we need to address before draft day:

A) Scoring: PPR or no? Currently it is not set as PPR but can easily be changed if members feel it would be the better option.

B) Keepers: Currently set at 4, but the specific number and regulations will have to be put in place during the season. Ideas welcome.

C) Divisions: Are we happy with the legendary trio of Nick Halling, Kevin Cadle and Rich Eisen? Or is there someone who deserves it more?

D) Playoffs: Currently set as 4 teams playing over 2 rounds.

Please also note we each begin with $250 free agent dollars to spend on the free agent market. The biggest bid will win their chosen player. Be careful to spend the money wisely!

Most importantly, let the banter, chat and general Fantasy football-ness begin.

The commish

Ps: If anyone would like to volunteer to do any sort of write ups/match reports etc then that would add greatly to the success and brilliance of the league.

Ps2: Lets all try and stay reasonably active on the league website and this thread Plenty of trash talking demanded.
Old 07.09.2010, 09:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttchris View Post

We have our 12 members, and the draft is set for 10:15pm Thursday evening, just in enough time to get us warmed up for the big kick off! Please can you try your best to make the draft, I have already had notice from bearsfanu that he will be 30 ish minutes late but will rank his top players anyway so not an issue. Is there anyone else that wont be able to make it?

A) Scoring: PPR or no? Currently it is not set as PPR but can easily be changed if members feel it would be the better option.

B) Keepers: Currently set at 4, but the specific number and regulations will have to be put in place during the season. Ideas welcome.

C) Divisions: Are we happy with the legendary trio of Nick Halling, Kevin Cadle and Rich Eisen? Or is there someone who deserves it more?

Please also note we each begin with $250 free agent dollars to spend on the free agent market. The biggest bid will win their chosen player. Be careful to spend the money wisely!

The commish

Ps: If anyone would like to volunteer to do any sort of write ups/match reports etc then that would add greatly to the success and brilliance of the league.

Ps2: Lets all try and stay reasonably active on the league website and this thread Plenty of trash talking demanded.
Cheers for all the work you have put in to this league Chris... really looking forward to it!!!

I wondered what the $250 was for... I was going to cash it in

A) I personally feel that in a 12 team league there should be enough WR talent not to go for PPR, but I have no real preference either way.

B) I thought we were going to reduce the keepers to 2 or 3... but again I have never played a keeper league before, so happy to go with anything!

C) Happy with those divisions names...

D) Perfect

Roll on Thursday evening...
Old 07.09.2010, 09:49 PM
All Pro

Forgot to mention

E) Windy City Flyers to win it all........ not just this season, but im going to build a Dynasty
Old 08.09.2010, 08:38 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfanuk View Post
Forgot to mention

E) Windy City Flyers to win it all........ not just this season, but im going to build a Dynasty
We shall see... :P
Old 08.09.2010, 09:39 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttchris View Post

The commish

A) PPR please……….. More points the better.

B) Never been in a keeper league so pass it onto someone with some experience in such leagues.

C) Sounds good.

D) Who cares………. I’ll win the league anyway. Lol

$250.……… anyone know today’s exchange rate.

Cheers
Old 08.09.2010, 10:44 AM
All Pro

A) I's prefer PPR but I'm not really fussed either way.

B) 4 keepers sounds good, though I have no experience of a keeper league.

C) Those three are good, though my vote would be to drop Nick or Kevin for Neon Deion but I have no real justificatin for doing so other than my love for Prime Time

D) 4 teams in Playoffs sounds fair.

ROLL ON TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

This draft, and then a short wait to watch my Vikes settle the score over last seasons playoffs AP has apparently learned how to hold the ball properly, CJ2K who?
Old 08.09.2010, 11:30 AM
All Pro

It seems the real debate is PPR or not...

I count so far (with my vote being I dont mind):

PPR - 4
Indifferent - 2
Non-PPR - 1
Still to Vote - 5

Deadline for vote is 8pm tomorrow

Chris

Last edited by ttchris; 08.09.2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08.09.2010, 11:39 AM
All Pro

I would go with PPR actually now I have time to think about it!!!
Old 08.09.2010, 11:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfanuk View Post
I would go with PPR actually now I have time to think about it!!!
Edited as such :P

People, tomorrow night is going to be awesome. Fantasy draft followed by what could be a classic game. Already have Pierre Thomas in that game from Boarders, will I have a player playing from Hoarders?

Chris
Old 08.09.2010, 11:48 AM
All Pro

a) I prefer PPR, however I am happy to play without it - as you said Chris there should be enough talent to go around with 12 teams.

b) I think we should have 4 or 5 keepers. Don't have any experience of a keeper league, however if people are trying to build a 'dynasty' then keeping 4 players a season will see each of our teams have its own identity. Keeping only 2 - well we might as re-draft every season!

c) Johnny Mitchell Division, Ian Allen Division and erm...nah those three will be fine..unless anyone can come up with better names?

d) 4 in play offs sounds fair. Only other option would be 6 over 3 rounds I guess?

I am in for the long haul so I am going to draft some 3rd string rookies and see if I can do any good...