Superbash 2011 Review - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 08.02.2011, 08:43 AM
Pro

I had an awesome time at the Superbash, couldn't have gone any better for me.

The fact that the game was so close was a real bonus as I feel the atmosphere would have been a lot more subdued had it have stayed a 14pt game after Green Bay's first 2 TD's. Everyone looked like they were having an awesome time, and the entertainment (cheerleaders) were definately a bonus.

Kinda felt sorry for the girl group when they first came out (received a bit of a hostile reception) but they started playing up to the crowd so I really didn't have any sympathy for them by the time they started their final song.

Other points like free soft drinks were a bonus as well, especially seeing as I had to drive back to East kent straight after. Not sure if one person can drink too much Gatorade, lol.

Had an awesome time and hopefully I can be there again next year to enjoy the festivities!!!!!!
Old 08.02.2011, 12:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousif_e View Post
I had an awesome time at the Superbash, couldn't have gone any better for me.

The fact that the game was so close was a real bonus as I feel the atmosphere would have been a lot more subdued had it have stayed a 14pt game after Green Bay's first 2 TD's. Everyone looked like they were having an awesome time, and the entertainment (cheerleaders) were definately a bonus.

Kinda felt sorry for the girl group when they first came out (received a bit of a hostile reception) but they started playing up to the crowd so I really didn't have any sympathy for them by the time they started their final song.

Other points like free soft drinks were a bonus as well, especially seeing as I had to drive back to East kent straight after. Not sure if one person can drink too much Gatorade, lol.

Had an awesome time and hopefully I can be there again next year to enjoy the festivities!!!!!!

Had a great time, as did everyone else in our group, though the colts cheerleaders were top notch, adding singing and a sese of houmor to their routine was quality,

Think we were all suffering yesterday to some degree,

see you all next year (hopefully)
Old 08.02.2011, 12:10 PM
DaniLopez123

Default Superbash every week????

I am looking to put to a promotion next season in London for Thanksgiving?

Any thoughts from the gridiron nation??

Does any think that it would be a great idea to have an event every Sunday with some great entertainment?

Let me know.
regards,
Dani
Old 08.02.2011, 12:13 PM
Starter

Had a great time at Superbash once again, can think of fewer ways to enjoy the game if you're not in the States.

My only complaints this year were 1) The food. I've eaten at Bodean's in London and think it's ok so trust the food was decent on Sunday. Sadly though, the fact they had one point of service downstairs (wasn't allowed upstairs as it was too busy) and that had just the one till was a joke! wrapping up burgers and other items in heat proof foil and having flow walkers would probably have seen sales multiply several fold.

Also, the taxi situation afterwards. If the organisers got in touch with a private hire firm or got word out to black cab drivers that there would be hundreds of people waiting looking for transport afterwards everyone would benefit. Instead you've got a line, 50 long and one taxi came in the space of 30 minutes! Get this sorted for next year and you'd have happy fans leaving and happier taxi drivers as i'm sure the fares won't be small given people are going to all corners of London and the South East.
Old 08.02.2011, 12:14 PM
DaniLopez123

I totally agree on the picture quality.

The projector screen will always be inferior to LED or plasma. I did notice the LED screens were awesome compared to big main projector screen.

Having said all of this, it's a fre party and am extremely grateful with the party.
Regards
Dani
Old 08.02.2011, 02:05 PM
MVP

Very good night, Was nice to meet Celt67, Syborg, Jmcbean, Bluelionman.. top top night.

NFLUK as always set up a good night.. Girl group was a wierd choice but didnt ruin the night.
Old 08.02.2011, 02:20 PM
Rookie

Fantastic night of NFL, and I hope it's not the last SuperBash I get the chance to go to!

I had a feeling that the seating would be an issue, so we grab some seats upstairs fairly quickly (right behind the slapping)(possibly)!!

Food was great (Bodeans can do no wrong!) and the free soft drinks was a great idea!

As for the entertainment, Colts Cheerleaders were fantastic, and the banter that the hosts had with the crowd was great!

Tiki, Rhys and Tim Shaw were all really entertaining and it was nice to hear them talking about the NFL (aparently Tiki was good on the BBC, but I've not had chance to see!)

The Scarletz were not good.... at all! And a few drunken idoits were about at the end, but I have seen a lot worse!

Here's to next year!!
Old 08.02.2011, 03:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKnack View Post
The Scarletz were not good.... at all!
Do you think it's safe to say the 4 idiots won't be back next year? lol
Old 08.02.2011, 04:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionStyle View Post
Do you think it's safe to say the 4 idiots won't be back next year? lol
No mention on their website......
Old 08.02.2011, 04:49 PM
All Pro

Great night again.. Every year i say '' i'll take it easy on the booze this time ''... Every year it never works out that way...

Great to meet up with few forum members for a beer and chinwag - Stocksy(& Mrs Stocksy), Syborg, Bluelionman & more..

Had particular good fun ripping into my Patriots friend with Syborg

Thanks again to Iggy, Hogga & E7 Cowboy, who all hooked us up with spares for me, my bro and a couple of friends..