Superbash 2011 Review - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 08.02.2011, 04:50 PM
Team Captain

It was our first superbash and we all had a great time.

The colts cheerleaders were excellent as well as very very hot!
Tiki barber was good and i found him very interesting as well, but was surprised just how small he is. The kicking competition was great fun and something that could maybe be expanded on.

On the downside i thought the awards section went a bit flat, NFLUK might want to have a re-think on the way this was done and that girl band were just awful.

All in all it was good to meet lots of fellow NFL fans, whilst watching a great game and personally i didn't see any of the trouble people have referred to on here.

If i am lucky enough to get tickets next year i will be booking a hotel in the area, cos getting to bed at gone 8am when i started drinking at 4pm was not fun and will not be repeated.

Thank you NFLUK for arranging a great night for us all!
Old 08.02.2011, 05:46 PM
Rookie

This was my second Super Bash and really enjoyed it again this year although it didn't seem quite as epic as last year' tbh.

The awards and kicking competition with Neil and Arlo were a good laugh and kept us amused during run-up to game. Whilst the Colts cheerleaders cabaret was superb, although would've been nice to see some more traditional cheerleader routines like what the Gold Rush demonstrated last year.

I felt sorry for the Scarletz as they were always going to struggle in front of a boozed up NFL crowd, surely a better known act could've been booked for what is a reasonably high profile event? There was also the mystery of the beer pumps being switched off at the end of the first quarter downstairs which led to several irate conversations at the bar as people balked at having to pay same price for bottles!

PS: I was wearing a Lawrence Taylor #56 throwback jersey and saw another in the crowd but couldn't get to the guy to congratulate him on his good taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver&black View Post
I thought a little less than I expected anyone else?
Yeah I thought it was rather less busy than last year too. Found a good spot downstairs with my group of friends and didn't have to move whilst last year it seemed packed downstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoJackoUK View Post
Hi guys
Not a bad point but the last couple of years the Cheerleaders came out on the floor and a lot of people (me included) got some photos (did I miss it this year lol) and of course the Herta Hot Dog girls .
I managed to get photo taken with a couple of them by the sponsors screen just before game started. Gutted that the lovely Herta Hot Dog girls weren't there this year tho!
Old 08.02.2011, 08:00 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt67 View Post
Great night again.. Every year i say '' i'll take it easy on the booze this time ''... Every year it never works out that way...

Great to meet up with few forum members for a beer and chinwag - Stocksy(& Mrs Stocksy), Syborg, Bluelionman & more..

Had particular good fun ripping into my Patriots friend with Syborg

Thanks again to Iggy, Hogga & E7 Cowboy, who all hooked us up with spares for me, my bro and a couple of friends..
Glad you enjoyed it mate!! First time I've been and I loved it! Was absolutely knackered when i went into work but it great to be smug i rollocked a student for falling a sleep in lesson as he'd stayed up to watch it and I told him I'd been to the O2. God bless caffeine!
Old 08.02.2011, 08:10 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt67 View Post
Great night again.. Every year i say '' i'll take it easy on the booze this time ''... Every year it never works out that way...

Great to meet up with few forum members for a beer and chinwag - Stocksy(& Mrs Stocksy), Syborg, Bluelionman & more..

Had particular good fun ripping into my Patriots friend with Syborg

Thanks again to Iggy, Hogga & E7 Cowboy, who all hooked us up with spares for me, my bro and a couple of friends..
Good to meet you to mate. . ah ripping into Patiots fans. . always good sport. . almost as good as ripping into Jets fans. . lol. . .

Definately was a good night. .
Old 08.02.2011, 08:35 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazeboy View Post
Had a great time, as did everyone else in our group, though the colts cheerleaders were top notch, adding singing and a sese of houmor to their routine was quality,

Think we were all suffering yesterday to some degree,

see you all next year (hopefully)
Same here - was nice to meet you.

1st Super Bash of many for me!
Old 08.02.2011, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Smile

I just read through this and all my posts sound negative which is a bit sad of me so here I go to re-dress the balance somewhat.
I had very enjoyable evening the atmosphere was excellent the game for the neutral ( I wanted Green Bay to win) was excellent too really lived up the hype. I would highly recommend anyone who hasn't been not to miss it its really an excellent event and thank you to NFLUK for my tickets and for hosting this fantastic job guys please do it again next year?
Phil
Old 09.02.2011, 12:25 PM
Rookie

This was my second superbash and I really enjoyed myself this year, last one i was at was 09 sb43. The atmosphere was realy good and the fact it was free soft drinks as excelent (im t-total) so i had a really cheap night.

i think it was bordering on cruel on the girl band they didnt help them selfs like.

The indy cheerleaders were awesome it was good that they put on a show

The only problem for me was the screaming packers fan, im sorry if that was you but you were really annoy cos we were losing.

Oh and if you saw John Lennon in a steelers ward jersey that was me.
Old 09.02.2011, 12:44 PM
All Pro

Positives - well run evening, cheerleaders, the game, the fans

Negatives - the bus situation afterwards (1 hour to wait for the next free bus, so took a nightbus and some idiot kept pressing the button until the driver had to call the police not ideal.....more busses ready straight afterwards would be a bonus),

the girl band - bring back the cuban brothers everyone enjoyed them a lot more and even if we have seen it before they still had everyone laughing and enjoying themselves

Coors light being the only beer - I know they sponsor it etc so can't complain but it really does taste like wee

The Colts fan that was starting on someone at the end - no problem there but no security to step in so it was me and another guy holding people apart

Overall great fun but a few things they can improve on
Old 09.02.2011, 12:50 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_king_from_leon View Post
Positives - well run evening, cheerleaders, the game, the fans

Negatives - the bus situation afterwards (1 hour to wait for the next free bus, so took a nightbus and some idiot kept pressing the button until the driver had to call the police not ideal.....more busses ready straight afterwards would be a bonus),

the girl band - bring back the cuban brothers everyone enjoyed them a lot more and even if we have seen it before they still had everyone laughing and enjoying themselves

Coors light being the only beer - I know they sponsor it etc so can't complain but it really does taste like wee

The Colts fan that was starting on someone at the end - no problem there but no security to step in so it was me and another guy holding people apart

Overall great fun but a few things they can improve on

cant say as I have EVER drunk wee in order to comment, granted it is not great but it is what it is.

Was this scuffle by the doors down stairs. . there seemed to be some commotion just to my left as I waited for my mate to arrive back from grabbing his coat.

The Girl Band. . cant comment I paid them no mind, although I heard the boos and thought this was unfair. . as for the Cuban Brothers I have seen them twice and thouroughly disliked them. . guess you cant please all the people all the time

I understood there to be 7 free buses. . so it was really pot luck on your wait time. . obviously if you miss the first batch you have to wait for them to arrive back. . no other way around that but to do what you did and find an alternative method.
Old 09.02.2011, 12:56 PM
MVP

Ill echo what I said before... superb night all round.

For free I really cannot see any grounds for complaint at all!!